Games: Sport

Sport: General

Sport: General

Level 7

Re: 1st ssx community meet up! (looking for guinea pigs....)

xLegioNx wrote:

Here's a vid that explains the Multiplayer perfectly.

SSX Multiplayer Explained

I don't mind the way they've gone with it, at least we can all be on the same mountain at the same time. there's just no fixed racing/tricking. As in "3,2,1, GO!"

great video! was really hoping for a race where all start at the same time but the global event looks as if it will bring it's own excitement. i'm not sure (as it didn't say on the video) how many events one person can set up at the same time but say if we have 4-5 events spread out round the world and 1 hour to post your best time (tricky score) could be quite fun! you'll need to be great at time management - should i try and beat my time on that hill or boost my points on that drop? - i think it will be quite competitive!

@cloudsheaven yeah we're hoping to do that, in one shape or another, for those that can't make the meet up. check back next week when we have something more concrete!

@Lord_Rick shame you can't make it but there will be other times! can't wait to race you.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 136 (256 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

right, time for a little update. it is a shame the game doesn't have any form of online lobby to make things easier for us. coupled with the fact that as soon as a timed event ends there is no way of accessing the final standings makes hosting an event a little challenging. however, it still can be done!

for friday i think we will only host 2 events (a soft start for us). these will be 1 hour long. BUT (and it is a very important BUT), the events will close 5 minutes before the clock has counted down. this will allow Tilly-uk and i time to see what positions people finish in and then assign points (well, actually we won't do anything of the sort in these meet ups - we just want to make sure that we can do it for the actually community event). to help us see that it will work out we do need people to post at least one time/score before 55 minutes are up.

tomorrow we'll post what events we'll do just after 6pm (when i get home :smileyhappy:) so check back here! thanks guys! remember, this is just a trial run to iron out the kinks for the main event! so any feedback is needed and appreciated!

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 136 (221 Views)
Level 5

englishgolfer wrote:

right, time for a little update. it is a shame the game doesn't have any form of online lobby to make things easier for us. coupled with the fact that as soon as a timed event ends there is no way of accessing the final standings makes hosting an event a little challenging. however, it still can be done!

for friday i think we will only host 2 events (a soft start for us). these will be 1 hour long. BUT (and it is a very important BUT), the events will close 5 minutes before the clock has counted down. this will allow Tilly-uk and i time to see what positions people finish in and then assign points (well, actually we won't do anything of the sort in these meet ups - we just want to make sure that we can do it for the actually community event). to help us see that it will work out we do need people to post at least one time/score before 55 minutes are up.

tomorrow we'll post what events we'll do just after 6pm (when i get home :smileyhappy:) so check back here! thanks guys! remember, this is just a trial run to iron out the kinks for the main event! so any feedback is needed and appreciated!

On the plus side, with the way the multiplayer is set up everyone has the option to attend the event at their convenience (within the hour of course). Unless of course we all want to play with eachother in which case we can just make sure to all be on at a set time.

Another thought for you to mull over would be some kind of weekly community leaderboard, assigning points to positions on the global event standings, in a week long event from week to week. Just something to think about :smileyhappy: Could make things quite fun and involve those who struggle to make specific nights. 

Property of xLegioNx
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 136 (214 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

[ Edited ]

I could probably make Sunday, if I'm not too late. :smileyhappy:

How does it work exactly? I had a peek in the global events thing just before I called it a night, and well, there's loads (and I mean LOADS) of events already setup. I don't wanna have to sift through all that to find this one. :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 136 (211 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

The way you get into the events is through a friend or a friend of a friend. I believe RiderNet lets you know what events your friends are in and you can choose to join the same event.
Property of xLegioNx
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 136 (207 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

xLegioNx wrote:

Another thought for you to mull over would be some kind of weekly community leaderboard, assigning points to positions on the global event standings, in a week long event from week to week. Just something to think about :smileyhappy: Could make things quite fun and involve those who struggle to make specific nights. 

we will also be running a 7 day event during the rest of the week. i have no problem making it more than 1 event.

AAAAAAAARRGH wrote:

How does it work exactly? I had a peek in the global events thing just before I called it a night, and well, there's loads (and I mean LOADS) of events already setup. I don't wanna have to sift through all that to find this one. :smileytongue:

xLegioNx has answered that. as we'll make these events private (so we don't get masses of people in them!) you'll need to add me and Tilly-uk to your friend list. when we set up an event, go into ridernet and highlight the one hosting the event for that night. in the drop down menu you'll be able to see the event(s) then and the time remaining.

we'll also post in advance the name of the event and hill that it will take place on before hand here so that they'll be easy to find!

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 136 (200 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

I will be there for tonights get together. Should be fun.
I'm working most of today so I'll add who I need to add this evening. :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 136 (182 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

t-minus 20 minutes! the 1st event will be....

Alps

Vorassay

The hammer

Trick it!

2nd event (which will start approx 10 minutes after the 1st event)

Rockies

Extinguisher tower

The Dagger

Race

good luck all!

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 136 (157 Views)
0 Kudos

Ooh getting competetive already!!

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 136 (146 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Christ! We've only just finished dinner :smileysurprised:

SoDomi non sapiens Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 136 (129 Views)
0 Kudos