03 Mar 2012
By AstraT
Playstation Staff

DTS Sound

5 Replies 125 Views Created 03-03-2012

The packaging has both the DTS and Dolby logos. Has anyone found how to switch the sound to DTS?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6 (125 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Re: DTS Sound

I think you'll have to change the sound settings on the PS3, so you untick the Dolby Digital, and only allow DTS. You could try that, problem is you'll have to change it back, for other games/movies. 

Battlelog - The Battlefield Sunday Event: Sundays 8pm
and Battlefield 4 DLC Wednesdays, at 8pm
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (118 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Oooh ooh a guessing game, I like these.

It has DTS sound as mention in the topic title? No I can't guess, there's so many sports games out there you could be talking about anyone of them...

What I do know is that it doesn't always mean they have both mixes on the game. Some games (I remember from certain ones back to the PS2) was in DD only, but the cutscenes where both DD and DTS. That might not be the case now with more space available. But using Cimbrer's method will prove otherwise.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6 (114 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Oh yes, forgot to mention I'm asking about SSX, thanks for asking for clarification in such a subtle and considerate way :smileywink:

Only came on to look at SSX posts and forgot it was a general forum.

I'd expected the sound options to have a selection, but there's only TV or Theatre.

Perhaps this is just one of those things that gets changed in an update. I've not noticed my amp switching during cutscenes. I've no problem other than curiosity (and I'm one of those audiophiles that thinks DTS is better).

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (106 Views)
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Did you try the manual setting from the Audio settings on the XMB, that way you should be able to force it onto DTS. 

Battlelog - The Battlefield Sunday Event: Sundays 8pm
and Battlefield 4 DLC Wednesdays, at 8pm
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6 (104 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

I'm relying on the game outputting a DTS signal and my amp auto-switching as in other games. I'd rather not change the settings. Thanks for the suggestion anyway :-)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (99 Views)
0 Kudos