11 Sep 2012
Playstation Staff

Madden 13 connection issues

5 Replies 2,878 Views Created 11-09-2012

Morning all

I purchased Madden 13 yesterday and I am having issues connecting to the EA servers. My network settings are all fine, NAT Type 2 etc. I am just enquiring if anyone else is having these problems also?

I know that there was maintenance yesterday on PSN and am wondering if this could be the issue? Checked again this morning before work and PSN is up and running but in game it still says" EA servers unavailable at this time". Are there any known issues with EA and this game?

Cheers for any help.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6 (2,878 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: Madden 13 connection issues

im having the same exact problem. every time i try to play a game half way through i get disconnected and it says cannot connect to EA servers, or that its unavailable, im still signed into the playstation network, so i have no idea what the ***** is going on and its really ***** me off to

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (2,823 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

im having the same problem. i start a online game, than it'll say i lost connection or connection timed out. i was playing a friend and game disconnected. im still online on psn, i can still see my friend's list.  he texted me and told me it said "you opponent was booted for excessive grieving . all my other games work online. its gotta be the ea servers.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6 (2,750 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I've lost at least 10 games due to disconnections. I always make sure nothing would interfer with the connection, check my connections,and reset my router and modem. I play other titles, never disconnects. Please help me find a resolution. It pains me to give away wins, when majority of the time i'm winning the game. Thank you.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6 (2,216 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Ive been searching a long time for answer to this problem. Happens to me all the time. I contacted live support and they told me to disable the Media Server but that didnt do chit. Then they say a rep will be emailing me for further support. That was over a week ago and I just realised the I never gave them my e-mail address.

Here is my guess. The EA servers suck. My BF3 has been acting up as well but not as bad as Madden 13. I think EA knows their servers suck but just refuse to admit it. I asked the support person if he truly believes the servers are functioning properly and he said yes. I say BS, EA is full of it and the game is going back. I suggest if it keeps happening just return your game even if you only get half the money back. Lets face it the game sucks without online play. When peeps start returning and not buying that game EA may get the hint. Spread the word. I dont think there is a fix but if there is please let me know.

Thanks

The Bear

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6 (2,145 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Is there a solution to the network timeout on Maddenn 13? I have clean out cookie/cahe. Reset the router and modem. Every game is disconnected. From august till this week, I never had a problem. Is this an EA server or user?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (1,827 Views)
0 Kudos