06 Jun 2012
Playstation Staff

FIFA 12 Formation help.

2 Replies 234 Views Created 06-06-2012

Appologise if this thread is posted in the wrong section, thought it would be best suited here.

This is my post from the EA Sports forum, hoping I can get a better reaction here from a forum more popular and active.

Hello everyone. I am the manager of Chelsea in my career mode, about to end the 2014/2015 season. 

My problem (sort of) is that I find myself constantly toying with formations and players in my starting 11. I started of using the default Chelsea formation which is the 4-3-3 with the CDM and front 3. I keep finding myself changing to the formation that I think suits my preferred style which is the 4-2-3-1 with two holding CDM an attacking 3 centre midfielders behind the one striker. The problem here lies with the talented squad that I have, many of them were bought with the default formation in mind and most of there prefered postions are in the 4-3-3 and some of them cant play in the positions that I would like and I am struggling to make the 4-2-3-1 formation work. 

This is my squad 

Goalkeepers - Courtois and Dupire (loanee) 

Defenders (RB or players I prefer to play RB) Ivanovic, Bosingwa and Bruma. 
Defenders (CB or players I prefer to play CB when needed) - Terry (c), Silva, Cahill, Romeu and Bruma 
Defenders (LB or players I prefer to play LB when needed) - Bale, Alba and Bertrand 

Midfielders (CDM or players I prefer to play CDM when needed) Martinez, Romeu, Mikel and Felliani 

Midfielders (CM or players I prefer to play CM when needed) Hamsik, Modric, Ramires, Sigurdsson, McEachran, Fellaini 

Attacking wingers (LW or RW or players I choose to place there) Hazard, Mata, Hulk, Sturridge, Lavezzi, Sigurdsson, Marin. 

Centre striker (* or players I choose to place there) Cavani, Hulk and Sturridge. 

Players out on loan - Piazon, Williams and Lukaku. 

Is there any suggestions as to how I can lay these players out to play in the 4-2-3-1 formation. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3 (234 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: FIFA 12 Formation help.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Football/bd-p/b_EN_Games_sport_football

That's the sub-forum that you are looking for.

Though sounds like you have too many players :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3 (222 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: FIFA 12 Formation help.

Oh thank you!

I would not say so, keep in mind 11 of those players start plus I have 5 substitutes. These players need to play both domestic games plus Champions League and the occasional FA and League Cup when it comes up in the calender. December and March are killer months!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3 (220 Views)
0 Kudos