Lounge

Sport

Sport

25 Nov 2009
By: Kiez Member 3411 Posts
Level 4

Mayweather Or Pacquiao, who would win?

10 Replies 320 Views Created 25-11-2009

As all you boxing fans know this is the fight everyone wants to see, and would be the biggest fight since the "Thriller In Manilla" if not bigger and it would most likely generate the most money a boxing match has ever seen. 

I think that Manny would win due to his speed, footwork, strength, puching precision. He has been able to keep up his speed and strength through 7 weight divisions, up 40 lbs. Whereas in Mayweather he may have a brilliant defence, but when fighting aggressive and fast fighters it seems he struggles. We seen him struggle against Zab Judah in the opening rounds, also against De La Hoya and Jose Luis Castillo. Pacquiao is better than these fighters and his stamina in endless so IMO Pacquiao wins.

So what do you guys think?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (320 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: Mayweather Or Pacquiao, who would win?

Now this is a fight i'd love to see.  As for the outcome, i'd have to go with the Pac-man.  I think it would be a close one, but for me Pacquiao has fought the tougher fighs over his career.  Mayweather, without discrediting him, has had too many easy fights for my liking.  Let's hope it happens  :smileyhappy:

Fancy a clan match on MW2? PM me, but be warned... we are pretty crap... :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (301 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

If i had 2 put money on it i'd go for Mayweather, he's technically brilliant & is just a class act imo. Either way it would be a brilliant fight, so lets hope it happens.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (293 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

BE-SOC wrote: 
Mayweather, without discrediting him, has had too many easy fights for my liking.

Yes I have to agree there, he seems to hand pick his own opponents and is dodging to many people at his own natural weight. He was offered 8mil to fight Margarito a few years back and rejected it, he also rejected a rematch with money grabbing De La Hoya, and was offered 20mil to fight Mosely but accepted 10mil to fight Marquez instead. If he says it's all about money then I wonder why he's rejected these big pay cheques to fight lesser fighters.

I'm not putting Mayweather down he is still one of the greatest boxers but he hasn't exactly fought anyone at his natural weight, seems to me like he is picking smaller opponents so he doesnt lose that big fat 0 on his record.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (277 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

I think Pacman would take Mayweather. Mayweather has been made to look better than he is by facing lesser opponents. The Pacman is just absoloute class, he has proved himself time and time again!
Photobucket

PSN NAME: Northpart
TWITTER @shnlwswlkr
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (259 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

THE FIGHT IS ON !!!

Pacquiao and mayweather have both signed the contract for March 13th. No details have been given out yet, but who cares this fight is on. Get ready for the biggest fight in boxing history.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (223 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Kiez wrote:

THE FIGHT IS ON !!!

Pacquiao and mayweather have both signed the contract for March 13th. No details have been given out yet, but who cares this fight is on. Get ready for the biggest fight in boxing history.

I hope it's true... what a fight that would be! :smileyhappy:

Fancy a clan match on MW2? PM me, but be warned... we are pretty crap... :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (208 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]

In theory they'd both win because they'd earn lots of $$$ irrespective of who actually won.

But i think Mayweather would win but it's just a guess i'm not into boxing lol

I saw on SSN that Amir Kahn is planning a match against Manny or Hatton sometime in 2010. He said that the fight was possible, that would be just as good lol :smileyhappy:

Message Edited by lynchy59 on 06-12-2009 08:09 PM

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (190 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

I'm not into boxing that much, but i prefer Mayweather and i actually used to like watching him fight
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (186 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Mayweather probably, but I would rather Pacquiao win tbh

would be a hell of a fight either way

Mike Starr 1984–2011
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (157 Views)
0 Kudos