83%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Millwall Supporters

39 Replies 814 Views Created 24-01-2009

Today I went to the FA Cup game Hull City vs Millwall.

Most people know about Millwalls reputation but I didn't think it would be too bad, how wrong I was.

Just after the kick-off Millwall fans surged past the barriers towards the home supporters, a line of police stopped them from attacking our (Hull City) supporters, most of their fans seemed to prefer goading the Hull City fans rather than watching the game.

In the second half it got worse with Millwall fans removing seats from the away section and throwing them at police and home supporters, including children. I saw several young children having to leave the stadium early on because they were crying.

After the game on the radio I heard and inspection of the away end and there were at least 50 seats removed and thrown across to the home supporters and even more shockingly, some of the metal poles which attach seats to the concrete were removed and had been thrown across at Hull City supporters which could have caused serious injury.

I thought this was something football had left behind in the 80's but Millwall lived up to their reputation.

Obviously some Hull City fans retaliated after having seats and metal poles thrown at them with some people throwing seats back at the Millwall supporters but even though they shouldn't have I can sympathise as they may have had seats thrown at them, their children or other members of their family. It was confirmed at the end no seats were removed from the home section.

The Millwall "fans" were a disgrace. They should be fined for all costs for repairs and many of them banned for life.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

iPod_iMac

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
iPod_iMac
Accepted Solution
You're surprised? :|
0 Kudos

Re: Millwall Supporters

/16

Gawge

83%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Gawge
Accepted Solution

iPod_iMac wrote:

At the extent of the trouble they caused, yes.

I have followed Hull City since I was five years old and have never seen supporters as bad as this.

0 Kudos

/16

TSplitter

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TSplitter
Accepted Solution

Films like The Football Factory didn't help this. They watch crap like that and think.. "I could do this"

Disgrace!

0 Kudos

/16

iPod_iMac

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
iPod_iMac
Accepted Solution

Gawge wrote:

iPod_iMac wrote:

I have followed Hull City since I was five years old and have never seen supporters as bad as this.

Millwall have always been bad and always will be.

0 Kudos

/16

Ollie901

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Ollie901
Accepted Solution

Gawge wrote:

iPod_iMac wrote:

+1. bloody awful. I'm just thankful they won and not drew, I wouldnt want any Hull supporter going there.
0 Kudos

/16

fenian

95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fenian
Accepted Solution

Dosent sound that bad..

But it can be fairly scary when things like this happen out of the blue, when youre not expecting it.

0 Kudos

/16

Ollie901

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Ollie901
Accepted Solution

fenian wrote:

Dosent sound that bad..

But it can be fairly scary when things like this happen out of the blue, when youre not expecting it.

Thats the thing, we were expecting some trouble but nobody expected what we saw today. I didnt know there was that many cops in Hull lol. Lets hope there isnt many west brom fans wanting to come on saturday, they dont have anywhere to sit!
0 Kudos

/16

GarryRfc1

84%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GarryRfc1
Accepted Solution
yeah they caused us a bit of trouble at the uefa cup final too! :O
0 Kudos

Raptr Forum Signature
Beta Tester
/16

BabyfaceAssassin

• Beta Tester
91%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BabyfaceAssassin
Accepted Solution

Ollie901 wrote:

fenian wrote:

Dosent sound that bad..

Thats the thing, we were expecting some trouble but nobody expected what we saw today. I didnt know there was that many cops in Hull lol. Lets hope there isnt many west brom fans wanting to come on saturday, they dont have anywhere to sit!

West Brom wont mind, they seem to spend all game bouncing up and down last season both home and away when we (Blackpool) played them.

0 Kudos

Raptr Forum Signature

Date Registered: 24-03-2005 08:36 PM

/16

iPod_iMac

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
iPod_iMac
Accepted Solution

BabyfaceAssassin wrote:

Ollie901 wrote:

fenian wrote:

Dosent sound that bad..

West Brom wont mind, they seem to spend all game bouncing up and down last season both home and away when we (Blackpool) played them.

Boing boing baggies!

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

BabyfaceAssassin

• Beta Tester
91%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BabyfaceAssassin
Accepted Solution

iPod_iMac wrote:

BabyfaceAssassin wrote:

Ollie901 wrote:

fenian wrote:

Dosent sound that bad..

Boing boing baggies!

Yarrp, although they were warned in a pub not to bounce as much as a few seasons ago, some Sheffield Wednesday fell through the 'tempory' stand xD

0 Kudos

Raptr Forum Signature

Date Registered: 24-03-2005 08:36 PM

Beta Tester
/16

FrankieADZ

• Beta Tester
94%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FrankieADZ
Accepted Solution
Yeah I agree that is bad,I think thats why most clubs tend to try and ban away Millwal fans from there ground. I was surprised tho this season tho when they played Leicester @ the walkers this season there wasnt any trouble......a first i think tbh.
0 Kudos

PSN: FrankieADZ

/16

Phil_The_Lad

92%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Phil_The_Lad
Accepted Solution
Cardiff fans rioted at Palace when I went a couple of years ago. They threw coins and little things but not chairs. As soon as the trouble started the riot police were out! 
0 Kudos

/16

Gawge

83%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Gawge
Accepted Solution

There was plenty of riot police but the sheer amount of Millwall supporters causing trouble meant it was more of a containment job rather than trying to push them back or eject them.

I'd say at least half of the Millwall fans were intent on causing trouble. Ripping seats and metal poles from the ground and throwing them is a complete disgrace.

0 Kudos

/16

trussy

64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
trussy
Accepted Solution

its because there crap

i have never encounterd any trouble when i have been to game the worse i have had was a bit of banter with a 30 odd year old luton fan who fort because im young i wouldnt do anything back but that was not bad it was just funny.

(touch would it stays tht way 2moz and every other game i got to)

0 Kudos

/16

Briatore

85%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Briatore
Accepted Solution
Millwall are pure scum, I don't care what people say.

When they came down to Loftus Road a few years back there was problems, loads of local shops where smashed up.
0 Kudos

/16

McDaymo

85%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
McDaymo
Accepted Solution
I remember when some Pompey fans when berserk, ripping up chairs smashing windows etc....at THEIR own stadium! Only coz  the Saints beat `em....(How things have changed:Shame:)
0 Kudos

/16

Ollie901

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Ollie901
Accepted Solution

Briatore wrote:
Millwall are pure scum, I don't care what people say.

When they came down to Loftus Road a few years back there was problems, loads of local shops where smashed up.

They completely ripped apart one of the local pubs.
0 Kudos

/16

Gawge

83%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Gawge
Accepted Solution
I heard they were smashing up shops in St Stephens as well.
0 Kudos

/16

mrhunt4

39%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mrhunt4
Accepted Solution

half the millwall fans ??

you're counting isnt very good is it !!

i was at the game too and i'm a millwall fan, while i do not condone the behaviour of a minority of our fans

i don't think hull supporters and the club and police are blameless either

your fans were throwing bottles at us before we started throwing things back FACT

and the missiles were fliying back and forth both ways

yes we did have some fans who appeared to be intent on causing trouble , but then so did you

the 200-300 fans nearest to us never watched the game , they just seemed intent on goading us

a post on a hull forum actually gloats that 100 of your BOYS  ran 300 millwall

MINDLESS IDIOTS BOTH  if you ask my opinion

police say they had intelligence that there would be trouble , therefore why did they only have a few seats and 10 stewards seperating the two sets of fans ,and even when the riot police came in they did nothing

you had 5-6 fans ejected from the crowd , i didnt/couldnt see any of ours being taken away .. why not ?

the police stood there like statues , these morons should be dealt with firmly, remove them from the ground immediately ,

i personally don't think this has deserved all the media coverage it has received , it wasnt a riot , no-one was hurt , i didnt see punches thrown or traded

p.s the game was poor , good goal for the winner , ref was poor too , warner could have got a red

and celeb folan should have gone too , booked ,then clattered one of our players immediately after , the ref

MR STUART ATTWELL (famed for the ghost goal) bottled it

i welcome your views

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel