03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

The *Football* General Discussion Thread

[ Edited ]
9,253 Replies 4,584 Views edited 11-08-2012

Well that's the Community Shield out the way and all eyes look towards next weekend and the kick-off of the Premier League proper :smileyhappy:

Saturday 15 August 2009

Aston Villa v Wigan
Blackburn v Man City
Bolton v Sunderland
Chelsea v Hull
Everton v Arsenal
Portsmouth v Fulham
Stoke v Burnley
Wolverhampton v West Ham

Sunday 16 August 2009

Manchester United v Brimingham City
Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpoo

What are your hopes and expectations building up to these games?l

Message Edited by Yaster on 10-08-2009 02:04 PM
0 Kudos
LABELS:
Follow me on Twitter: JGriersonLFC

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

ProjectVRD

95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ProjectVRD
Accepted Solution

Gawge wrote:

martyn__gibbs wrote:

Also, surprised Rooney won the Goal of the 20 Seasons award. Thought Bergkamp's vs Newcastle was genius.

Yeah, I voted for Bergkamp.

Rooney's was a great goal - but it probably won because it was the only one from the last 10 years.

I was under the impression that the 20th season was still underway? And if that is the case the Premier League authorities are a joke because Cisse just scored a real contender.

0 Kudos

Re: Barclays Premier League Thread

I am going to be rude and ask you follow me 

@TweetScientific

If I had my own way then you wouldn't have a choice

But you will find out about some ridiculously awesome stuff,

Like QUANTUM TELEVISIONS!!!!

/16

xLegioNx

94%
11 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xLegioNx
Accepted Solution

A bit of useless info, but interesting nonetheless. 

Top 5 richest managers:

1. Fergie £32 Million

2. Roy Keane £29 Million

3. Arsene Wenger £26 Million

4. Giovanni Trappatoni £20 Million

5. Roberto Mancini £18 Million

Also interesting, one of Arsenal's shareholders, Alisher Usmanov came just ahead of Roman Abromavich in the UK's Rich list with £12.3 Billion to Roman's £9.6 Billion. Former QPR-Shareholder came first with £12.6 Billion.

0 Kudos

Property of xLegioNx

Beta Tester
/16

Rayhaan1

• Beta Tester
91%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Rayhaan1
Accepted Solution

How is that list recorded? Roy Keane isn't a manager right now and I can't imagine that Ipswich allowed him to earn more than Wenger. Does it include his money from his playing days? And Mourinho and Guardiola earn about €10 million a year, why aren't they there? And Fergie's been at United for about 25 years, he can't have been earning just over a million a season.

Clearly I'm missing something, anyone care to tell me what I'm doing wrong?

0 Kudos

/16

xLegioNx

94%
11 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xLegioNx
Accepted Solution

Rayhaan1 wrote:

How is that list recorded? Roy Keane isn't a manager right now and I can't imagine that Ipswich allowed him to earn more than Wenger. Does it include his money from his playing days? And Mourinho and Guardiola earn about €10 million a year, why aren't they there? And Fergie's been at United for about 25 years, he can't have been earning just over a million a season.

Clearly I'm missing something, anyone care to tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I'm not entirely sure. It makes sense up until Roy Keane. It is only annual and for Britain. I should've pointed that out :P

Who knows. Maybe Roy Keane has other ventures that isn't common knowledge. There are other names on there with a few million to their name. They must conduct other finacial ventures aside from relying on their managerial salary I guess. The list is from The Sunday times Rich List. 

Edit: Also, this list is just managers pulled out of the entire Rich List for sportsmen 2012 . There's no official listing of managers, this is just the order of the top 5 richest ones. in the overall list. So there's no official requirement as to who is and isn't a manager. I'm sure he's still classed as one anyway even though he currently doesn't have a team.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Property of xLegioNx

MVP
/16

englishgolfer

• MVP
100%
16 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
englishgolfer
Accepted Solution
not for wanting to sound like arsenalmark but my gosh! that ref and his decision making was woeful. arsenal should have had 2 penalities, and norwich 1.

still what a game!
0 Kudos

Community Forum Events | Click for all things Uncharted! | Community Twitch Channel

Down with nested replies, bring back quoting
/16

xLegioNx

94%
11 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xLegioNx
Accepted Solution

englishgolfer wrote:
not for wanting to sound like arsenalmark but my gosh! that ref and his decision making was woeful. arsenal should have had 2 penalities, and norwich 1.

still what a game!

I'm glad you said it instead of me, would've just sounded like sore losing otherwise. Arsenal haven't had a single penalty at The Emirates this season. I'll leave it at that.

Still, quite an intense game. I have to cheer on Man City and whoever Spurs play tomorrow now. And Bayern Munich :(

Oh and by the way, we have another broken leg as a result of this game. Finishing the season way we started. Yay.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Property of xLegioNx

/16

martyn__gibbs

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
martyn__gibbs
Accepted Solution

The ref missed two credible Norwich penalty appeals to be fair though. Hopefully Chelsea lose the final and Arsenal + Spurs grab the CL spots.

0 Kudos

/16

Kiez

98%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Kiez
Accepted Solution
N'Zogbia is *****.
0 Kudos

/16

xLegioNx

94%
11 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xLegioNx
Accepted Solution
Still Kiez, your team has done me a real favour. I am over the moon with today :D
0 Kudos

Property of xLegioNx

/16

Tilly-uk

96%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Tilly-uk
Accepted Solution

xLegioNx wrote:

englishgolfer wrote:

still what a game!

I'm glad you said it instead of me, would've just sounded like sore losing otherwise. Arsenal haven't had a single penalty at The Emirates this season. I'll leave it at that.

Still, quite an intense game. I have to cheer on Man City and whoever Spurs play tomorrow now. And Bayern Munich :(

Oh and by the way, we have another broken leg as a result of this game. Finishing the season way we started. Yay.

:O

How dare you!

0 Kudos

/16

xLegioNx

94%
11 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xLegioNx
Accepted Solution

Tilly-uk wrote:

xLegioNx wrote:

englishgolfer wrote:

still what a game!

How dare you!

That was before today :P If Arsneal win their next game I'll be back on your side again :D

0 Kudos

Property of xLegioNx

/16

ProjectVRD

95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ProjectVRD
Accepted Solution

xLegioNx wrote:

Tilly-uk wrote:

xLegioNx wrote:

englishgolfer wrote:

still what a game!

How dare you!

That was before today :P If Arsneal win their next game I'll be back on your side again :D

I'm hoping Arsenal win their next game, if they beat West Brom and Swansea beat Liverpool then we move into 7th spot. But at the same time I hoping Man Utd beat Sunderland as that would mean we move into 10th position.

Swansea finishing in the Top 10. Unthinkable 8 months ago! But considering Sunderland and West Brom are up against two great teams, and both are likely to be playing for something (United in the hope City stumble and Arsenal to keep their place in the UCL spots) it could be done... besides, Swansea beating Liverpool? Stranger things have happened this season. :D

0 Kudos

@TweetScientific

/16

xLegioNx

94%
11 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xLegioNx
Accepted Solution

ProjectVRD wrote:

xLegioNx wrote:

Tilly-uk wrote:

xLegioNx wrote:

englishgolfer wrote:

still what a game!

How dare you!

I'm hoping Arsenal win their next game, if they beat West Brom and Swansea beat Liverpool then we move into 7th spot. But at the same time I hoping Man Utd beat Sunderland as that would mean we move into 10th position.

Swansea finishing in the Top 10. Unthinkable 8 months ago! But considering Sunderland and West Brom are up against two great teams, and both are likely to be playing for something (United in the hope City stumble and Arsenal to keep their place in the UCL spots) it could be done... besides, Swansea beating Liverpool? Stranger things have happened this season. :D

I'd love it if things played out that way. Swansea deserve to be there. I was really impressed at how they out-passed us. Not something we're used to seeing at The Emirates :P It's a pretty high finish for the first season, especially as most people had you going back down at the start. If things end this way I'll be a happy man.

0 Kudos

Property of xLegioNx

/16

phep

85%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
phep
Accepted Solution
Would like to see us beat Everton, WBA to beat Arsenal and Fulham to beat or get a draw against Spurs. Third place guarenteed for us in that case :p If not, at least us winning and one of those two others happening would also be nice. How important does that last minute Vermaelen goal against us look now? :( If it was unthinkable for Swansea to be in the top 10 8 months ago, what about Newcastle being where they are? :Lol:
0 Kudos

MVP
/16

englishgolfer

• MVP
100%
16 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
englishgolfer
Accepted Solution
what's more shocking is that liverpool have knocked in (at the time of writing) 3 goals at home. at home!
0 Kudos

Community Forum Events | Click for all things Uncharted! | Community Twitch Channel

/16

phep

85%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
phep
Accepted Solution

Thank you Liverpool :) No worse than 5th for us now :D

0 Kudos

/16

ProjectVRD

95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ProjectVRD
Accepted Solution

Swans fans could set a new world record on the weekend if they get more than the 645 Elvis impersonators that attended the Aria Hotel in Las Vegas on November 23 2010. Brendon Rogers has called upon fans to dress up as the legendary singer in response to a bookmaker stating "there is more chance of seeing Elvis alive than Swansea avoiding relegation" before the season began.

:D

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

@TweetScientific

MVP
/16

englishgolfer

• MVP
100%
16 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
englishgolfer
Accepted Solution
^^ well project - best start finding an elvis suit for you!
0 Kudos

/16

ProjectVRD

95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ProjectVRD
Accepted Solution
All I can manage so far is a cardboard Elvis mask and a wig. I have tried phoning little independent stores across south wales and they are all either bought or rented out already. :(
0 Kudos

@TweetScientific

/16

martyn__gibbs

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
martyn__gibbs
Accepted Solution

"Manchester City deserve to win the title"

Really?

0 Kudos

/16

ProjectVRD

95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ProjectVRD
Accepted Solution

martyn__gibbs wrote:

"Manchester City deserve to win the title"

Really?

Means nothing. Those decisions didn't go United's way so they just have to suck it up and play as usual on Saturday.

0 Kudos

@TweetScientific

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel