Level 6

The Official Formula 1 2010 Thread

[ Edited ]
300 Replies 1908 Views edited 28-02-2011
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 301 (1,908 Views)
Level 2

Re: The Official Formula 1 2010 Thread

i sooo cant wait for this f1 season 2 start!!!  Not long now!  Hopefully mark will have a better start this season & his paddle pop man doesn't release him in2 pit traffic so much!

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 301 (1,902 Views)
Level 6

A new season, a new thread. With the first race of the season in Bahrain only a week away and all this year's teams, cars and drivers have finally been revealed, i have decided to make a comprehensive discussion thread on this year's season.

I hope you all enjoy this year's season :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 301 (1,900 Views)
Level 6

Gez82 wrote:

i sooo cant wait for this f1 season 2 start!!!  Not long now!  Hopefully mark will have a better start this season & his paddle pop man doesn't release him in2 pit traffic so much!

there are a few more teams using the traffic lights this year, i think red bull might have been one of them. i think that they might cause more pit lane altercations this year.

apparantly most teams can do under 5 second pit stops!! :smileysurprised:, so on some of the tracks with shorter pit lanes, we could see 3 or 4 pit stops if there is a great advantage between tire compounds and degradation

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 301 (1,900 Views)
Level 5

It's also going to be really interesting to see who's able to manage their tyres the best. I can see some of the more aggressive drivers like lewis needing more pitstops than the rest, at least for the first few races anyway.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 301 (1,889 Views)
Level 2

gunslingerNZ wrote:
It's also going to be really interesting to see who's able to manage their tyres the best. I can see some of the more aggressive drivers like lewis needing more pitstops than the rest, at least for the first few races anyway.

lets hope for marks sake that he is harder on his tyres.  I think mecedes mclaren are going 2 be a very strong team, but, it is formula1 & anything can happen.  I have always thought mark was pretty good with tyres, hopefully he can use that 2 his advantage.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 301 (1,890 Views)
Level 9

I am looking forward to this season as well, it will be very interesting to see how it goes with all the new changes to regulations, I liked the refuelling and strategies that came with it, we will see how it goes tho. I always liked the Australian GP as the first race.

Pretoria Sig
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 301 (1,862 Views)
Level 6

i always liked the AU gp as the first race too, being hard on the tires isnt a good thing. i was reading that red bull are claiming they can do pit stops in 1.8 seconds!! :smileysurprised::smileysurprised::smileysurprised:
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 301 (1,835 Views)
Level 7

im not keen on the removal of the refueling, there was nothing like the two leading cars pulling in for refueling at the same time and it all coming down to the pitstop. fuel loads used to play big on the strategies too.
its going to be an interesting season though and interest seems to be growing in the sport again, and of coarse i want to see if schumi still has it
Raptr Gamercard
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 301 (1,827 Views)
Level 1

Just a brief reminder about Reality F1 If you want start a PSF league, there's 5 days to go. You can enter after that, but you wont be able to start or join a league. There's 4 Aussies and 1 New Zealander against 163 people from the UK in the nations league. You need at least 3 people from the same country for that country to be counted in the nations league (entry in which is automatatic).

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 301 (1,775 Views)