88%
06 Rank
Progress

The Official Formula 1 2010 Thread

[ Edited ]
300 Replies 5,962 Views edited 28-02-2011
06 Mar 2010
By wildheart90

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Gez82

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Gez82
Accepted Solution

i sooo cant wait for this f1 season 2 start!!!  Not long now!  Hopefully mark will have a better start this season & his paddle pop man doesn't release him in2 pit traffic so much!

Re: The Official Formula 1 2010 Thread

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

wildheart90

88%
06 Rank
Progress
wildheart90
Accepted Solution

Gez82 wrote:

i sooo cant wait for this f1 season 2 start!!!  Not long now!  Hopefully mark will have a better start this season & his paddle pop man doesn't release him in2 pit traffic so much!

there are a few more teams using the traffic lights this year, i think red bull might have been one of them. i think that they might cause more pit lane altercations this year.

apparantly most teams can do under 5 second pit stops!! :O, so on some of the tracks with shorter pit lanes, we could see 3 or 4 pit stops if there is a great advantage between tire compounds and degradation

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

gunslingerNZ

• Beta Tester
85%
04 Rank
Progress
gunslingerNZ
Accepted Solution
It's also going to be really interesting to see who's able to manage their tyres the best. I can see some of the more aggressive drivers like lewis needing more pitstops than the rest, at least for the first few races anyway.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Gez82

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Gez82
Accepted Solution

gunslingerNZ wrote:
It's also going to be really interesting to see who's able to manage their tyres the best. I can see some of the more aggressive drivers like lewis needing more pitstops than the rest, at least for the first few races anyway.

lets hope for marks sake that he is harder on his tyres.  I think mecedes mclaren are going 2 be a very strong team, but, it is formula1 & anything can happen.  I have always thought mark was pretty good with tyres, hopefully he can use that 2 his advantage.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Pretoria

• Beta Tester
98%
04 Rank
Progress
Pretoria
Accepted Solution

I am looking forward to this season as well, it will be very interesting to see how it goes with all the new changes to regulations, I liked the refuelling and strategies that came with it, we will see how it goes tho. I always liked the Australian GP as the first race.

Pretoria Sig

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

wildheart90

88%
06 Rank
Progress
wildheart90
Accepted Solution
i always liked the AU gp as the first race too, being hard on the tires isnt a good thing. i was reading that red bull are claiming they can do pit stops in 1.8 seconds!! :O:O:O

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

King_Nothing6

• Beta Tester
90%
05 Rank
Progress
King_Nothing6
Accepted Solution
im not keen on the removal of the refueling, there was nothing like the two leading cars pulling in for refueling at the same time and it all coming down to the pitstop. fuel loads used to play big on the strategies too.
its going to be an interesting season though and interest seems to be growing in the sport again, and of coarse i want to see if schumi still has it

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

AddGrg1

80%
02 Rank
Progress
AddGrg1
Accepted Solution

Just a brief reminder about Reality F1 If you want start a PSF league, there's 5 days to go. You can enter after that, but you wont be able to start or join a league. There's 4 Aussies and 1 New Zealander against 163 people from the UK in the nations league. You need at least 3 people from the same country for that country to be counted in the nations league (entry in which is automatatic).

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

wildheart90

88%
06 Rank
Progress
wildheart90
Accepted Solution
A new season, a new thread. With the first race of the season in Bahrain only a week away and all this year's teams, cars and drivers have finally been revealed, i have decided to make a comprehensive discussion thread on this year's season.

I hope you all enjoy this year's season :)

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

wildheart90

88%
06 Rank
Progress
wildheart90
Accepted Solution

The season finally kicks off this week with Round 1 in Bahrain, start time is 3pm local, 11pm AEDT (NSW).

This year they have added an extension on to the track (turns 5-14) due to more teams being on the grid this year, hopefully it will make this year's race a bit more exciting.

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

WhiteyNZ

• Award Winner
84%
04 Rank
Progress
WhiteyNZ
Accepted Solution

I just set up a league for everyone.

To register you need to go to Reality F1 create your team, then join my league.

League Name: ANZ PSF F1 League

Group ID: 40

Pw: socom4

http://www.realityf1.com/2010/league/40

Me!!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

gunslingerNZ

• Beta Tester
85%
04 Rank
Progress
gunslingerNZ
Accepted Solution

Ok I'm selecting drivers now, but before I do how does this work? Does your teams results get affected by the real world performance of those drivers?

Hmm ok looks like it's performance based, might make some changes then. So far I have the Red Bull and the Williams and Vettel and Senna.

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

wildheart90

88%
06 Rank
Progress
wildheart90
Accepted Solution

gunslingerNZ wrote:

Ok I'm selecting drivers now, but before I do how does this work? Does your teams results get affected by the real world performance of those drivers?

Hmm ok looks like it's performance based, might make some changes then. So far I have the Red Bull and the Williams and Vettel and Senna.

http://www.realityf1.com/2010/rules

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

wildheart90

88%
06 Rank
Progress
wildheart90
Accepted Solution
i decided to not put my eggs in 1 basket so i decided to pick- Vettel, Senna, Ferrari and Force India

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

gunslingerNZ

• Beta Tester
85%
04 Rank
Progress
gunslingerNZ
Accepted Solution
Well yeah I'd really like to know how the points are actually calculated. So if you choose Ferrari does that mean you get points no matter which car wins, also are driver points and car points equal? If they are and there's no bonus for having both the right car and driver then yeah it seems best to get drivers and cars from different teams.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

wildheart90

88%
06 Rank
Progress
wildheart90
Accepted Solution
the link i posted above tells u the scoring if u scroll down, it still confuses me a bit to how everything works

i did some research into the previous years, 2009 was pretty easy to do well cause all the top teams and drivers were low prices, so the winner had button, vettel, brawn and brawn as their team, this season probably wont be as random as last year, i looked at 2008 and the winner was button, vettel, ferrari and bmw

what i looked for when picking teams, was who i thought would win the constructors championship, being the ferrari fan i am i naturally picked them, next i decided to pick a team who i thought would get through Q1 more often than not, and given i thought the 6 to drop out would just be the new teams, i figured my options were williams, renault, toro rosso, bmw sauber and force india, i decided to pick force india cause they had alright testing pace and that they were the cheapest out of those ones.

For Drivers i decided i would pick one of the big 8, i decided that vettel was best value for money on that one, by now i only had 9 points left, so it was either Senna or DiGrassi, i decided to go with Senna as i dont trust virgin's reliability just yet, hopefully Senna can get to the finish and gain a few positions to score me a few points.

should be fun seeing how everything goes though

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

gunslingerNZ

• Beta Tester
85%
04 Rank
Progress
gunslingerNZ
Accepted Solution
Here we go! First practice session :)

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

wildheart90

88%
06 Rank
Progress
wildheart90
Accepted Solution
i was able to find a stream so i was able to watch for a few mins, the cars look good this year :D, though i think mercedes and HRT are the ugliest

Sutil was fastest in the first session :O, and the lap times are now above 1:50 due to the new layout, gonna be a long race

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

gunslingerNZ

• Beta Tester
85%
04 Rank
Progress
gunslingerNZ
Accepted Solution

Big surprise to see Force India up front after first practice. Sure the big guns haven't been rolled out yet but that's still a top effort I really didn't think they'd be doing that good. Glad that I chose them for my Reality F1 team now!

Counting down the time till P2 now where I'm thinking Ferrari and Mclaren will really show their hand. Good signs early from Alonso but who knows, I'm a little worried Mclaren might have the edge especially with this freakish knee operated aero slot they've developed....

Hey wild where did you find your stream? Lucky for me they stream the free practices on Sky since last season but I'd like to be able to stream it when I'm caught away from a TV.

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

wildheart90

88%
06 Rank
Progress
wildheart90
Accepted Solution
i'll PM you, posting them on the net seems to get the stream's taken down unfortunately

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel