Aahh cool, cheers mate :smileywink:

1TB SSHD PS4 – Samsung 40” 3D LED – Yamaha 5x 100watt Receiver
Looking for a clan to join ?? check out Beyond The Grave [BTG]
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 59 (511 Views)
Level 11

Re: The Official (new) 2011 NRL Thread

C'mon Manly...........

If they beat Parra tonight by 13 or more, they'll be on top of the ladder :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 59 (504 Views)
Level 4

We nearly pulled off a big upset!! So close! Very lucky gav...
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 59 (495 Views)
Level 3

WOW, sharkies win 2 in a row???

Thats unhead of.

Galen FTW!!!

Gunna be a cracker monda night game Manly Vs Dragons...

i tipped Manly. They are looking strong atm and the dragons bore me to tears...

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 59 (490 Views)
Level 11

Yeah it will be a good game, I think the mighty Manly will have the upper edge cuz the Dragons have too many players in Origin :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 59 (487 Views)
Level 11

Damm 26-4 the Dragons :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 59 (482 Views)
Level 3

I cant tip for poo....

0 from 5 this week.

Loving the sharks killing the stinkin rabbits btw!!! woot woot.....
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 59 (473 Views)
Level 11

Manly 2nd on the table woohoo

Dragons have a bye this weekend, so the mighty Eagles need to win against the Bunnies to keep them 2nd

Oh and btw..........GO THE BLUES

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 59 (466 Views)
Level 4

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 59 (439 Views)
Level 3

It's certainly been a busy day around the NRL. On top of Gaz's retirement, Bulldogs coach Kevin Moore is resigning. And then there's this:

There's been talks of a second Brisbane team in the NRL for a while now. You may have read already that the Essendon Football Club aren't particularly happy about it. Personally I don't like it, for several reasons.

I realise that most clubs have adopted colours, which makes it pretty hard to chose a native theme for your jerseys, but geez these guys really could've hired some image consultants. Firstly, take the Broncos. What's their main colour? Maroon. Very Queenslander. But when you examine their overall image (player personel, game day entertainment etc.) they're a very attractive team for young people to follow. Same with the Titans - nice, soft colours that reflect the community, great stadium and match atmosphere, it really comes off as a young person's club that's easy to follow. Just looking at the Bombers' logo - ugly shades of brown and blue, flying gear that was outdated when your granddad was in the air force... its not a brand that screams for young people to fall in love with it. That'd be hard enough anywhere, but in a city so attached to its football team as Brisbane is to the Broncos? I'm skeptical this bid will go through.

In fact, the more you think about it, the less likely it is to go through. First of all if there's any truth in this whole NSW v Mal Meninga saga that NSW really do hate anything QLD-related they won't allow the game to grow too rapidly up here. Second of all the Brisbane Broncos would have to be one of, if not the top revenue earning team in the game when you include ticket sales and merchandising. It's well documented that the Broncos are one of the nation's most prominent sporting brands. While it's unfair to have a majority in one city, the truth is a second Brisbane team could have a minor impact on its revenue stream. I say 'minor' because truth be told, the people up here in Brisbane are Bronco fans for life, their won't be a wave of bandwagoners jumping ship. And we know from the Crushers exactly how well building a team's fanbase from people who "just don't like the Broncos" works in practise.

So to anyone in Brisbane wanting to know when and where you can get season tickets, I wouldn't get your heart set on this team just yet.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 59 (436 Views)