Reply
gta1
03
/16

gta1

  • Offline
90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: Uefa Champions League Thread

If we can play like we can we will go through.
Lyon finished behind Bordeaux last season in the league and have lost Benzema, Fiorentina didn't really impress in the qualifying game against Sporting and Debrecen well they'll be the team that probably beat us! :smileytongue:
Seriously though, I'm happy with the group.

United's is fairly easy bar tricky trips to Wolfsburg and CSKA Moscow, Chelsea's is slightly harder though with Porto and Atletico who look impressive!
Follow me on Twitter: JGriersonLFC

0 Kudos
Message 71 of 1,581 (1,101 Views)
0 Kudos
tommydaone
05
/16

tommydaone

  • Offline
92%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: Uefa Champions League Thread

Eto'o vs Ibrah.. thank you very much :smileyvery-happy:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
0 Kudos
Message 72 of 1,581 (1,097 Views)
0 Kudos
WADEYBOY2193
05
/16

WADEYBOY2193

  • Offline
81%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: Uefa Champions League Thread


gta1 wrote:
If we can play like we can we will go through.
Lyon finished behind Bordeaux last season in the league and have lost Benzema, Fiorentina didn't really impress in the qualifying game against Sporting and Debrecen well they'll be the team that probably beat us! :smileytongue:
Seriously though, I'm happy with the group.

United's is fairly easy bar tricky trips to Wolfsburg and CSKA Moscow, Chelsea's is slightly harder though with Porto and Atletico who look impressive!

 

We should qualify really. I reckon Chelsea have the hardest group out of our teams as Athletico are a quality team (saw them at Anfield a few weeks ago) but Porto never do that well against our teams. Apart from when Mourinho was in charge.
0 Kudos
Message 73 of 1,581 (1,085 Views)
0 Kudos
Rayhaan1
Beta Tester
04
/16

Rayhaan1

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
91%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: Uefa Champions League Thread


tommydaone wrote:
Eto'o vs Ibrah.. thank you very much :smileyvery-happy:

 

I thought the same when I saw the draw. I wasn't here when the transfer happened but I think Barcelona were robbed. Ibrahimovic may be able to play for Barcelona but a straight swap would have been acceptable, this transfer ranks about the same value of the Ronaldo transfer.

 

Hopefully Ibra will be able to show his worth though and I still wish for Eto'o to succeed with Inter because I think he is a brilliant player unfortunately forced out of Barcelona in a similar way to Sneijder/ Robben at Real Madrid.

0 Kudos
Message 74 of 1,581 (1,072 Views)
0 Kudos
bigmooneycfc
05
/16

bigmooneycfc

  • Offline
88%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: Uefa Champions League Thread


GarryRfc1 wrote:
We are going through!
jammy b*****ds lol.
 
Rangers are never a 2nd seeded team to begin with.  The same pot as real madrid? wow...
 
lucky that you got arguably the easiest group there aswell... 

 

0 Kudos
Message 75 of 1,581 (1,057 Views)
0 Kudos
GarryRfc1
04
/16

GarryRfc1

  • Offline
84%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: Uefa Champions League Thread


bigmooneycfc wrote:

GarryRfc1 wrote:
We are going through!
jammy b*****ds lol.
 
Rangers are never a 2nd seeded team to begin with.  The same pot as real madrid? wow...
 
lucky that you got arguably the easiest group there aswell... 

 


awwww who did you get ? ooops sorry,always next year.

 

 

And why not?. 

 

I never asked for the easiest group,i would have been happy to go to bayern or something,just to see their stadium as its one of the pot one teams stadiums i havent been in.

Raptr Forum Signature
0 Kudos
Message 76 of 1,581 (1,035 Views)
0 Kudos
l3loodlustx
02
/16

l3loodlustx

  • Offline
30%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: Uefa Champions League Thread

Mon the Gers : )

0 Kudos
Message 77 of 1,581 (1,030 Views)
0 Kudos
bigmooneycfc
05
/16

bigmooneycfc

  • Offline
88%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: Uefa Champions League Thread

[ Edited ]

GarryRfc1 wrote:

bigmooneycfc wrote:

GarryRfc1 wrote:
We are going through!
jammy b*****ds lol.
 
Rangers are never a 2nd seeded team to begin with.  The same pot as real madrid? wow...
 
lucky that you got arguably the easiest group there aswell... 

 


awwww who did you get ? ooops sorry,always next year.

 

 

And why not?. 

 

I never asked for the easiest group,i would have been happy to go to bayern or something,just to see their stadium as its one of the pot one teams stadiums i havent been in.


I never said that you asked for those teams I'm just saying your jammy you got them.

 EDIT:  oh yeah and why not rangers in pot 2? are you saying rangers are even close to being as good as Real Madrid, Inter and Juventus?  In pot 3 Marsielle, Fiortina, Stuttgart and Athletico are better teams than rangers.

 

Seriously is stupid if you ask me. 

Message Edited by bigmooneycfc on 28-08-2009 01:03 PM
0 Kudos
Message 78 of 1,581 (1,025 Views)
0 Kudos
GarryRfc1
04
/16

GarryRfc1

  • Offline
84%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: Uefa Champions League Thread


bigmooneycfc wrote:

GarryRfc1 wrote:

bigmooneycfc wrote:

GarryRfc1 wrote:
We are going through!
jammy b*****ds lol.
 
Rangers are never a 2nd seeded team to begin with.  The same pot as real madrid? wow...
 
lucky that you got arguably the easiest group there aswell... 

 


awwww who did you get ? ooops sorry,always next year.

 

 

And why not?. 

 

I never asked for the easiest group,i would have been happy to go to bayern or something,just to see their stadium as its one of the pot one teams stadiums i havent been in.


I never said that you asked for those teams I'm just saying your jammy you got them.

 EDIT:  oh yeah and why not rangers in pot 2? are you saying rangers are even close to being as good as Real Madrid, Inter and Juventus?  In pot 3 Marsielle, Fiortina, Stuttgart and Athletico are better teams than rangers.

 

Seriously is stupid if you ask me. 

Message Edited by bigmooneycfc on 28-08-2009 01:03 PM

hmmm,If you lot were in pot 2 you wouldnt be moaning.

Raptr Forum Signature
0 Kudos
Message 79 of 1,581 (1,018 Views)
0 Kudos
Pieguts77
02
/16

Pieguts77

  • Offline
96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: Uefa Champions League Thread

No British club can complain with those draws. I think Chelsea have the hardest group but based on ability of the teams I think all the English clubs will qualify easily, and Rangers will qualify probably on the last game.

 

Good luck all.

0 Kudos
Message 80 of 1,581 (1,004 Views)
0 Kudos