Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Uefa Champions League Thread

If we can play like we can we will go through.
Lyon finished behind Bordeaux last season in the league and have lost Benzema, Fiorentina didn't really impress in the qualifying game against Sporting and Debrecen well they'll be the team that probably beat us! :smileytongue:
Seriously though, I'm happy with the group.

United's is fairly easy bar tricky trips to Wolfsburg and CSKA Moscow, Chelsea's is slightly harder though with Porto and Atletico who look impressive!
Follow me on Twitter: JGriersonLFC

0 Kudos
Message 71 of 1,581 (1,092 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Eto'o vs Ibrah.. thank you very much :smileyvery-happy:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
0 Kudos
Message 72 of 1,581 (1,088 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

gta1 wrote:
If we can play like we can we will go through.
Lyon finished behind Bordeaux last season in the league and have lost Benzema, Fiorentina didn't really impress in the qualifying game against Sporting and Debrecen well they'll be the team that probably beat us! :smileytongue:
Seriously though, I'm happy with the group.

United's is fairly easy bar tricky trips to Wolfsburg and CSKA Moscow, Chelsea's is slightly harder though with Porto and Atletico who look impressive!

We should qualify really. I reckon Chelsea have the hardest group out of our teams as Athletico are a quality team (saw them at Anfield a few weeks ago) but Porto never do that well against our teams. Apart from when Mourinho was in charge.
0 Kudos
Message 73 of 1,581 (1,076 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

tommydaone wrote:
Eto'o vs Ibrah.. thank you very much :smileyvery-happy:

I thought the same when I saw the draw. I wasn't here when the transfer happened but I think Barcelona were robbed. Ibrahimovic may be able to play for Barcelona but a straight swap would have been acceptable, this transfer ranks about the same value of the Ronaldo transfer.

Hopefully Ibra will be able to show his worth though and I still wish for Eto'o to succeed with Inter because I think he is a brilliant player unfortunately forced out of Barcelona in a similar way to Sneijder/ Robben at Real Madrid.

0 Kudos
Message 74 of 1,581 (1,063 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

GarryRfc1 wrote:
We are going through!
jammy b*****ds lol.

Rangers are never a 2nd seeded team to begin with.  The same pot as real madrid? wow...

lucky that you got arguably the easiest group there aswell... 

0 Kudos
Message 75 of 1,581 (1,048 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

bigmooneycfc wrote:

GarryRfc1 wrote:
We are going through!
jammy b*****ds lol.

Rangers are never a 2nd seeded team to begin with.  The same pot as real madrid? wow...

awwww who did you get ? ooops sorry,always next year.

And why not?. 

I never asked for the easiest group,i would have been happy to go to bayern or something,just to see their stadium as its one of the pot one teams stadiums i havent been in.

Raptr Forum Signature
0 Kudos
Message 76 of 1,581 (1,026 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Mon the Gers : )

0 Kudos
Message 77 of 1,581 (1,021 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

GarryRfc1 wrote:

bigmooneycfc wrote:

GarryRfc1 wrote:
We are going through!
jammy b*****ds lol.

And why not?. 

I never asked for the easiest group,i would have been happy to go to bayern or something,just to see their stadium as its one of the pot one teams stadiums i havent been in.

I never said that you asked for those teams I'm just saying your jammy you got them.

EDIT:  oh yeah and why not rangers in pot 2? are you saying rangers are even close to being as good as Real Madrid, Inter and Juventus?  In pot 3 Marsielle, Fiortina, Stuttgart and Athletico are better teams than rangers.

Seriously is stupid if you ask me. 

Message Edited by bigmooneycfc on 28-08-2009 01:03 PM
0 Kudos
Message 78 of 1,581 (1,016 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

bigmooneycfc wrote:

GarryRfc1 wrote:

bigmooneycfc wrote:

GarryRfc1 wrote:
We are going through!
jammy b*****ds lol.

And why not?. 

I never said that you asked for those teams I'm just saying your jammy you got them.

EDIT:  oh yeah and why not rangers in pot 2? are you saying rangers are even close to being as good as Real Madrid, Inter and Juventus?  In pot 3 Marsielle, Fiortina, Stuttgart and Athletico are better teams than rangers.

Seriously is stupid if you ask me. 

Message Edited by bigmooneycfc on 28-08-2009 01:03 PM

hmmm,If you lot were in pot 2 you wouldnt be moaning.

Raptr Forum Signature
0 Kudos
Message 79 of 1,581 (1,009 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

No British club can complain with those draws. I think Chelsea have the hardest group but based on ability of the teams I think all the English clubs will qualify easily, and Rangers will qualify probably on the last game.

Good luck all.

0 Kudos
Message 80 of 1,581 (995 Views)
0 Kudos