18 Apr 2011
By ghag07
Beta Tester
Playstation Staff

AFL live

13 Replies 641 Views Created 18-04-2011

Sooooo...... anone picked this up yet? contemplated it today but have been burnt before.....anyone able to give a review?

Photobucket

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14 (641 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Re: AFL live

if its anything like the old afl games on ps2 i would avoid at all costs
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14 (564 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Well thats what I am hoping to find out....apparently it isn't and surely someone here has played it?
Photobucket

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14 (539 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Think this game needs DLC of the state teams, like WAFL, VFL etc

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14 (423 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Played a bit of it, deffo the best AFL game yet released, and the mechanics are the closest to AFL in any of the games yet released. One of the ugliest games you'll play this gen (it had a limited budget) but I'm really enjoying it (although my love of footy no doubt helps :smileywink:). Would recommend hiring before buying, just to be sure, but deffo worth a look for gaming footy fans. Note that it has a steep learning curve, but you'll get over it soon enough, just play a few NAB cups to get in the zone early.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14 (391 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Even though im a footy fan I have to admit this game isn't the best, but I guess it's alright considering its their first afl game with a new company. The controls r difficult and the game is unrealistic with umpire decisions and with all the flags waving 4 the whole game

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14 (369 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Brookiee1998 wrote:

Even though im a footy fan I have to admit this game isn't the best, but I guess it's alright considering its their first afl game with a new company. The controls r difficult and the game is unrealistic with umpire decisions and with all the flags waving 4 the whole game

Have you played the other footy games though?  It ain't perfect (hell, even FIFA '10 and PES 2011 aren't perfect, and they've been iterating for over a decade) - AFL Live is a big step up from what we've had in the past.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14 (367 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

i have played the 2004 version with the xbox and the 2006 version on the ps2, but i have to agree that the new afl game is better than the past but it can be better

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14 (362 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I need to finish the 5000 goals trophy to get platinum. Anyone else from the US like this game?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14 (291 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Just wondering if there is an update or some DLC that has the new team, GWS Giants?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14 (217 Views)
0 Kudos