[EN] Archive

Starhawk

Starhawk

13 Jun 2012
By: Zorak_79 Member 44 Posts
Level 1

Bravo on the latest patch!

44 Replies 341 Views Created 13-06-2012

I went on SH last night for the first time since the latest patch was deployed ,even though there weren't that many active matches going on which was strange, I had an absolute blast and all the games I played were far more balanced. They were really close tense, exciting matches which was great. Kudos to the devs for fixing.

I really hope this is how it'll be from now on, if it is then I'll be playing SH for a very long time. 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 45 (341 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Re: Bravo on the latest patch!

Execellent - my missus is out today and I'm at home on the laptop - will squeeze a game in at lunchtime. From reading the Dev Blog  they do seem to have got it right, the only ommision on the tip of my tongue is cluster bomb blues, but can live with that. 

For anyone who fancies, our clan meet every Wednesday 10pm and we've got half a dozen confirmed, why not join us? Message MrJimmy for an add, or just join the clan on my sig link :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 45 (332 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

had a couple of rounds of CTF - seems a bit fairer already. I'm sure it's not perfect yet but everything seems more - balanced. Funny that :Stupid:

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 45 (323 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

I'm ever so slightly upset that they removed sniper rifle damage on tanks entirely. I mean, it is a railgun after all!

But yes - overall the patch is totally awesome and I feel like I can get in a Hawk a) without being slaughtered within seconds and b) actually feel proud of my skill as I blow up everything in sight :smileyvery-happy:

MB

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 45 (293 Views)
Level 5

I think the beefing up of the "Homing missile" was a mistake!!!!

Now i'm just getting locked up by them all the time & dieing a lot :xCry:

men of the imperium do you want to live for ever!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 45 (291 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

saberdragon wrote:

Save your chaff then, and dodge missiles manually instead of using the bloody scrub method! :smileytongue:

Man I hate auto-scrub...

MB

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 45 (289 Views)
Level 5

MusterBuster wrote:

saberdragon wrote:

Save your chaff then, and dodge missiles manually instead of using the bloody scrub method! :smileytongue:

Man I hate auto-scrub...

MB

Easier said than done when a lot of the time its just players who only fly Hawks & have very little Troop weapons % but loads & loads of Air weapon kills..

men of the imperium do you want to live for ever!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 45 (287 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

I'm really liking the homing missiles now that they actually work. I've started to get consistent kills with them whereas before they were no better than the swarm missiles.

I'm with you on that, musty. Auto-scrub really messes with the balance of the game, it doesn't - or didn't - take any effort to scrub missiles. The new patch, however, has reduced it's effectiveness and it seems that dodging methods similar to those from Warhawk are going to be needed. Several times last night I was shot down by MAW's because I was too complacent, it took me a while to realise they're actually a threat and I'm yet to find a decent way to dodge them.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 45 (275 Views)
Level 1

One extreme to the other! Yes HM's work now, but its far to hard to evade them when playing against experienced hawkers....this will only make it harder for noobs to learn to fly. They had to increase the evade difficulty but 50% is to much, Crazy!

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 45 (264 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Retarded

- LR3 SNIPER NO LONGER DAMAGES OX TANK

Great job guys, remove the best anti-tank weapon. If a driver is stupid enough to sit and take pot shots from a railgun, then he deserves everything he gets. It's not even like it was a three hit kill or anything, you needed at least 6 or 7 shots to destroy it, which means you're reloading twice, under pressure to finish it off. Bull *****.

Oh well, I guess I've still got my grenades........ what the?!

- GRENADE AMMO PICK UP FROM 3 TO 1

Come on, this is stupid. So next time I'm about to be stomped by a Mech I have to basically take it. Or maybe when I'm outnumbered against enemy troops I can't even rely on a decent number of grenades to turn the tide.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 45 (256 Views)
0 Kudos