Zorak_79

60%
02 Rank
Progress

Bravo on the latest patch!

44 Replies 483 Views Created 13-06-2012
13 Jun 2012
By Zorak_79

I went on SH last night for the first time since the latest patch was deployed ,even though there weren't that many active matches going on which was strange, I had an absolute blast and all the games I played were far more balanced. They were really close tense, exciting matches which was great. Kudos to the devs for fixing.

I really hope this is how it'll be from now on, if it is then I'll be playing SH for a very long time. 

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

MrJimmy

• Beta Tester
62%
03 Rank
Progress
MrJimmy
Accepted Solution

Execellent - my missus is out today and I'm at home on the laptop - will squeeze a game in at lunchtime. From reading the Dev Blog  they do seem to have got it right, the only ommision on the tip of my tongue is cluster bomb blues, but can live with that. 

For anyone who fancies, our clan meet every Wednesday 10pm and we've got half a dozen confirmed, why not join us? Message MrJimmy for an add, or just join the clan on my sig link :D

0 Kudos

Re: Bravo on the latest patch!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

MrJimmy

• Beta Tester
62%
03 Rank
Progress
MrJimmy
Accepted Solution

had a couple of rounds of CTF - seems a bit fairer already. I'm sure it's not perfect yet but everything seems more - balanced. Funny that :Stupid:

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

MusterBuster

• Beta Tester
92%
09 Rank
Progress
MusterBuster
Accepted Solution

I'm ever so slightly upset that they removed sniper rifle damage on tanks entirely. I mean, it is a railgun after all!

But yes - overall the patch is totally awesome and I feel like I can get in a Hawk a) without being slaughtered within seconds and b) actually feel proud of my skill as I blow up everything in sight :D

MB

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

saberdragon

93%
06 Rank
Progress
saberdragon
Accepted Solution

I think the beefing up of the "Homing missile" was a mistake!!!!

Now i'm just getting locked up by them all the time & dieing a lot :xCry:

0 Kudos

men of the imperium do you want to live for ever!!!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

MusterBuster

• Beta Tester
92%
09 Rank
Progress
MusterBuster
Accepted Solution

saberdragon wrote:

Save your chaff then, and dodge missiles manually instead of using the bloody scrub method! :p

Man I hate auto-scrub...

MB

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

saberdragon

93%
06 Rank
Progress
saberdragon
Accepted Solution

MusterBuster wrote:

saberdragon wrote:

Save your chaff then, and dodge missiles manually instead of using the bloody scrub method! :p

Man I hate auto-scrub...

MB

Easier said than done when a lot of the time its just players who only fly Hawks & have very little Troop weapons % but loads & loads of Air weapon kills..

0 Kudos

men of the imperium do you want to live for ever!!!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ZootSuit

88%
05 Rank
Progress
ZootSuit
Accepted Solution
I'm really liking the homing missiles now that they actually work. I've started to get consistent kills with them whereas before they were no better than the swarm missiles.

I'm with you on that, musty. Auto-scrub really messes with the balance of the game, it doesn't - or didn't - take any effort to scrub missiles. The new patch, however, has reduced it's effectiveness and it seems that dodging methods similar to those from Warhawk are going to be needed. Several times last night I was shot down by MAW's because I was too complacent, it took me a while to realise they're actually a threat and I'm yet to find a decent way to dodge them.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

jimscot

43%
02 Rank
Progress
jimscot
Accepted Solution

One extreme to the other! Yes HM's work now, but its far to hard to evade them when playing against experienced hawkers....this will only make it harder for noobs to learn to fly. They had to increase the evade difficulty but 50% is to much, Crazy!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

wingkong85

97%
04 Rank
Progress
wingkong85
Accepted Solution

- LR3 SNIPER NO LONGER DAMAGES OX TANK

Great job guys, remove the best anti-tank weapon. If a driver is stupid enough to sit and take pot shots from a railgun, then he deserves everything he gets. It's not even like it was a three hit kill or anything, you needed at least 6 or 7 shots to destroy it, which means you're reloading twice, under pressure to finish it off. Bull *****.

Oh well, I guess I've still got my grenades........ what the?!

- GRENADE AMMO PICK UP FROM 3 TO 1

Come on, this is stupid. So next time I'm about to be stomped by a Mech I have to basically take it. Or maybe when I'm outnumbered against enemy troops I can't even rely on a decent number of grenades to turn the tide.

0 Kudos

Retarded

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

rowlands121

96%
02 Rank
Progress
rowlands121
Accepted Solution

wingkong85 wrote:

- LR3 SNIPER NO LONGER DAMAGES OX TANK

Great job guys, remove the best anti-tank weapon. If a driver is stupid enough to sit and take pot shots from a railgun, then he deserves everything he gets. It's not even like it was a three hit kill or anything, you needed at least 6 or 7 shots to destroy it, which means you're reloading twice, under pressure to finish it off. Bull *****.

Oh well, I guess I've still got my grenades........ what the?!

- GRENADE AMMO PICK UP FROM 3 TO 1

Come on, this is stupid. So next time I'm about to be stomped by a Mech I have to basically take it. Or maybe when I'm outnumbered against enemy troops I can't even rely on a decent number of grenades to turn the tide.

but you can still snipe the driver , the sniper rifle might be a rail gun but its round is far to light to realistically cause damage to a take. I`m glad they have removed it,

maps like dust were a nightmare when the enemy setup a shielded sniper tower in their base as their is so much clear space to take them out.

Got sniped today by someone, while I was riding my sidewinder. Kudos to you. I can admire skill like that.

0 Kudos

Re: Retarded

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

waynelep88

27%
02 Rank
Progress
waynelep88
Accepted Solution

"the sniper rifle might be a rail gun but its round is far to light to realistically cause damage to a take", how can you call sniping a tank unrealistic when a couple of knifes to its tires causes it to explode?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

wingkong85

97%
04 Rank
Progress
wingkong85
Accepted Solution

Next it will be the Hawks I bet, so the skill of swatting them out of the air with a few well placed shots will be pointless.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Causton97

95%
05 Rank
Progress
Causton97
Accepted Solution

I've said it before and I'll say it again - they should test these balance updates on a single server (if that's possible) in which people can participate and leave feedback in a compulsory survey or something. If the majority like the changes then they can be rolled out properly to everyone! If not, then stuff can be tweaked and tested again!

Anyway, does anyone know what happened to the faster auto turret dismantle or did I miss that?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Zorak_79

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Zorak_79
Accepted Solution

I imagine they would thoroughly test all patches before rolling them out globally. All the games I join now I find that they're far more balanced and when one side wins its usually extremely close and its now much more down to player skill as opposed to faults with the balancing.

Would be nice if the Flak turret did at least some damage to ground targets but its not an issue because I suppose it is advertised as an anti-air turret which is what it does best.

Either way I think the game is now so much more fun and exciting than it used to be and no more base raping HURRAY!!!

Wonder when they plan to release some DLC?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Causton97

95%
05 Rank
Progress
Causton97
Accepted Solution

Another thing that would be nice is for the 'linking' sections for walls to be made larger. The amount of times I ended up building 2 walls to fill a small gap is crazy! It's hard to explain but those small 'partitions' that the walls can connect to are sometimes so far apart that it takes practically half hour to link with a wall!

They need to make it easier to make it snap to the partition! 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Spinodontosaur4

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Spinodontosaur4
Accepted Solution
So basically:

>Recieves complaints about a knife killing tank in 2 hits

>Removes ability for sniper to hit tank
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

MrJimmy

• Beta Tester
62%
03 Rank
Progress
MrJimmy
Accepted Solution

Causton97 wrote:

Another thing that would be nice is for the 'linking' sections for walls to be made larger. The amount of times I ended up building 2 walls to fill a small gap is crazy! It's hard to explain but those small 'partitions' that the walls can connect to are sometimes so far apart that it takes practically half hour to link with a wall!

They need to make it easier to make it snap to the partition! 

My guess is this is not going to happen, as areas of the maps seem designed for walls and links to do there thing as is, changes might bust all that. I'm impressed with how well the wall connectors work, sure it's not perfect but it's part of the game for me. That said, I'm not a big wall builder, so maybe I shouldn't comment. TOO LATE!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

rowlands121

96%
02 Rank
Progress
rowlands121
Accepted Solution

I suppose when all is said and done, we are all going to complain when they balance something out, because the weapon / vehicle happens to be someones speciality.

be happy with the sniper rifle , from what i`ve seen it can still take me off my sidewinder right accross the map.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

jimscot

43%
02 Rank
Progress
jimscot
Accepted Solution

What is going on with the development of starhawk?

Does anybody actually test these updates prior to releasing them?

Hom Mis - Great, after weeks of play the homming missle now works, but a 50% increase in the HM evade diffculty?? Evading Homming missles are now a joke!

Mr Jobe - you should have called this something other than starhawk,this isn't a game that is based around the hawk.I'm guessing that your main aim is to make starhawk a mass market game which appeals to all types of gamers, rather than trying to entice people to the way of the Hawker.

This full price Sony exclusive still feels like we're taking part in a beta test!We all paid top $ for starhawk and as far as i can see this title should never have been released when it was.Yes all multiplayer games need adjustment in the begining, but most games roll out a couple updates and you get what you paid for, Sadly this is not the case with Starhawk.

After years of development Starhawk should have been epic at the point of release or after the first few updates.The engine is very good and the graphics are impressive , but the game is a complete mess!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Stezza

81%
04 Rank
Progress
Stezza
Accepted Solution

jimscot wrote: I'm guessing that your main aim is to make starhawk a mass market game

Judging by the lack of advertising I would say that is definitely not the case...

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel