[EN] Archive

Starhawk

Starhawk

Level 3

Re: Bravo on the latest patch!

I agree , unless your playing CTF or Zones, why defend the base at all, their should be multiple spawn points built on the map.

however due to the sheer number of warhawk and other vets Base Raping the new playes continually, i am not supprised that they build lots of turrets.

I am just going to have to show them how to build economically.

if the dammed voice servers worked on the game more than once in ten games maybe we could communicate these issues to them.

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 45 (113 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

rowlands121 wrote:

however due to the sheer number of warhawk and other vets Base Raping the new playes continually, i am not supprised that they build lots of turrets.

I am just going to have to show them how to build economically.

I find its where they build them thats the problem!!!

I play a lot on the Dust map & find theres six or so turrets in home base but there all round the flag & none of them on the high points so giving them a better field of fire..

So the guys who are trying to Dominate the air have no added help from the turrets when there coming back damaged....

Also they build beam/flak turrets & neglect to put a few sentry turrets amongst them for a little protection from foot soldiers...

men of the imperium do you want to live for ever!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 45 (110 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Please explain why you think i abuse the hawk?

Because virtually every single line of every post you make is related to you wanting the Hawk to be centric to the gameplay.

> Flak / Lazer Turrets - on a individual bases they are not a issue, but when there are a bunch of noobs building 20+turrets in HM, the hawk can not be used as it was intended

Of course it can. I don't think it was intended to be able to take out an entire base by itself, and nor should it be able to.

A wall of turrets within a shield is indeed hard to remove. However, should a Hawk fly into the shield whilst invisible, land and proceed to destroy the shield generator, the Turrets can be sniped from a safe distance by a Tank, or a Hawk. There is always the Torpedo as well.

>every other mode, you should attack the objective, not just defend from the start.

Zones would not be very fun at all if everybody just sped around capturing un-defended points (have played a match on Basin with 4 players, one of which was afk the whole time), and I imagine CTF would also suffer from this (I don't play it).

In objective game modes, there will always be offensive players, and always defensive ones.

Assuming you are a Hawk user yourself, this may be why you dont apreciate this form of play as much as you should - the Hawk is very much an offensive force.

Starhawk should NOT be simply Hawk whorefare. They ARE the most versatile vehicle in game, and the team with the strongest Hawk users almost always wins. A Tank is twice the Rift cost (excluding the added cot of the building) of a Hawk and far less mobile, the Hawk needs no buffs.

A well coordinated core of Hawks and Tanks is nigh on un-stoppable.

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 45 (105 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

LMAO Spino - Thats not abusing the hawk , thats using the hawk to its full potential.......I'll say it again, its called starhawk offcourse the hawk should centric!! If it was not intended to be "centric to the game"DJ would have called it something more neutral or something for all the new players, maybe StarTurret or StarDefence, LOL

Although its not called Warhawk 2 ,it is a follow on from Warhawk and if it wasn't for the success of the Hawk, there wouldn't even be a Starhawk.

All i want is balance between G-combat,Air Combat and the the objective,but if you think 20 HB turrets is good for the game , then it shows your experience level with TPS/warhawk styled games, Regardless of how well you brake down my posts,you have a in-experienced view of what will make Starhawk last as long as Warhawk. 

i'm about done discussing the same noob views, enjoy your Turret building!!! Hawks will rule Starhawk and GB, Not your nooby Turret tactics LMAO @ SPINONOOB

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 45 (90 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

jimscot wrote:

All i want is balance between G-combat,Air Combat and the the objective,but if you think 20 HB turrets is good for the game , then it shows your experience level with TPS/warhawk styled games, Regardless of how well you brake down my posts,you have a in-experienced view of what will make Starhawk last as long as Warhawk. 

Balance!!!!

Hav'nt they given you the skill/perk to evade detection by turrets if you want to use it?

You seem to have forgoton its skill that makes the Hawk pilot not the power of the Hawk....

i'm about done discussing the same noob views, enjoy your Turret building!!! Hawks will rule Starhawk and GB, Not your nooby Turret tactics LMAO @ SPINONOOB

And thats the wonderful atitude that will make this game FAIL because as pilots you think its your RIGHT to Dominate the air!!!!!

men of the imperium do you want to live for ever!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 45 (88 Views)