82%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Bruiser Skill still lame...

20 Replies 426 Views Created 17-06-2012

i think starhawk is one of best multiplayer games out there with BF3 but oh my god.. this stupid perk that damages buildings is so lame... i get tons of people who just fly in with hawk jump out and start jumping around are base destroying stuff again and again till we run out of buildings and rift and then they can start base raping , i thought this perk was nerfed in update i think they should just remove it completely...

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

saberdragon

91%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
saberdragon
Accepted Solution

Alex-Carter wrote:

i think starhawk is one of best multiplayer games out there with BF3 but oh my god.. this stupid perk that damages buildings is so lame... i get tons of people who just fly in with hawk jump out and start jumping around are base destroying stuff again and again till we run out of buildings and rift and then they can start base raping , i thought this perk was nerfed in update i think they should just remove it completely...

My last game today was a blinder of a game I was on fire!!!!!

I went 23-1 in the end :Thumbs:

But the single kill was a guy using the Bruiser skill i'd built the Hawk pad just jumped into the hawk & I was dead by a guy with Bruiser equiped :Shame:

The U.S. forums were saying it should be spawn with the Grinder as the Bruiser skill which I think is better...

0 Kudos

Re: Bruiser Skill still lame...

men of the imperium do you want to live for ever!!!
/16

Alex-Carter

82%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Alex-Carter
Accepted Solution

Hm i dunno grinder is bit too strong for a starter weapon because people will just spawn point into your base and grind it to dust lol , but then again its better than the cheap bruiser because i also have been meleed from afar while in ox tank it has some stupid range and theres too many players that just abuse it i think.

theres already the perk too spawn with repair tool which is good at destroying buildings so the best solution i think is just to remove bruiser completely its a stupid idea and i have no idea why they added it to the game

[ Edited ]
/16

saberdragon

91%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
saberdragon
Accepted Solution

Alex-Carter wrote:

Hm i dunno grinder is bit too strong for a starter weapon because people will just spawn point into your base and grind it to dust lol , but then again its better than the cheap bruiser because i also have been meleed from afar while in ox tank it has some stupid range and theres too many players that just abuse it i think.

:Lol: it cant be as bad as having Bruiser!!!!!!

The Grinders not something I use so i'm supposing its got a charge element like the Welding Torch that runs down & you have to get a pickup to recharge it?

If thats the case they wont be able to wreck the whole base in a single go (in theory)...

0 Kudos

men of the imperium do you want to live for ever!!!
/16

Alex-Carter

82%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Alex-Carter
Accepted Solution
it can take down about 2 bunkers in 1 whole pickup roughly its strong but it takes time to fire up i think and atleast u can have more of a change of killing them than people jumping around like crickets knifing everything i just hope they fix it soon because im getting very sick of the skill!

/16

Stezza

81%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Stezza
Accepted Solution

Well, there's already the Engineer skill that allows you to spawn with the repair gun which would be the perfect alternative to Bruiser, although I'd like to see the repair gun's attack ability buffed ever so slightly.

0 Kudos

/16

KADAFI316

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KADAFI316
Accepted Solution

ohhhhh my frekin sweet lord people stop this crappp with knifeing the bases ohhhhhh my lord LBI what are you doing what are you doing you are makeing guys  BASE RAPPPPPPING theirs is no base to defend why the frekkkkkkkiun heck you put this skill in da game ohhhhhhhh my lord its so stupid how dumb can you people beee you are incourageing BASE RAPPPPPPPING do you actually play the dammmmmmm game LBI!!!!!!!!!!

REMOVE THE DAMM SKILL FOR PEOPLE TO USE A KNIFE TO TAKE DOWN A BUILLDING A KNIFE TO TAKE DOWN A BUILLDING READ IT OUT LOUD A KNIFE TAKIENG OUTY A BUILLDING IS SO STUPID!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT ARE YOU SMOKIN LBI!!!!!!!!!!!!

everyday im geting more and more peeeeeee offf with this game

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Alex-Carter

82%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Alex-Carter
Accepted Solution
haha me too i do love the game and will never trade it in but loads on my list have already traded it in because of things like this perk , countless numbers of people are asking for it to be fixed or removed they nerfed it but it hardly makes a difference takes like 1 extra knife to destroy things i mean come on.. perk should be to make repair tool destroy/damage buildings and then buff the damage of repair tool against buildings so you need the perk to use repair tool as a offensive weapon...
0 Kudos

/16

rowlands121

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
rowlands121
Accepted Solution

I do resort to using the Bruiser skill, but only.

WHEN THE ENEMY START BUILDING IN MY SPAWN.

it really annoys me that people still do this, i dont mind vehicles rolling all over it , but come on. stop building in the enemy spawn, including putting down turrets. DONT DO IT.

0 Kudos

/16

Alex-Carter

82%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Alex-Carter
Accepted Solution
building in enemy spawn isnt actually a problem especially since you can use most buildings there like bunkers an turrets if u land on them blow up so im not actually bothered about this as it is a tactic
0 Kudos

/16

spadger_69

34%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
spadger_69
Accepted Solution

I like the Bruiser skill. Especially when the hawks come in to base rape or stomp you.

It is a very effective tool if used properly.

Hopefully tha A-Holes that use it to wreck a game will get sick of it eventually.:smileyhappy:

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Hogezz

92%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Hogezz
Accepted Solution
I can see where it came from alright... It's because Warhawk had the ability to meley vehicle with a wrench. This would be just what that evolved into... Doesn't mean I like it. Spawning with the grinder does make more sence. Breaking large solid objects with a knife is a little too arcady for my liking. Next we'll be eating mushrooms to get a larger guy and be able to eat flowers to shoot fire balls. Don't get me wrong, Arcady has a time and a place, but it doesn't seem to fit right in this game.
0 Kudos

/16

armyluke

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
armyluke
Accepted Solution

Alex-Carter wrote:

Its not really too strong, it burns through ammo extremely quick and its not worth wasting on infantry, in a base it could probably only take out 2 Bunkers with 200 ammo which is the default.

0 Kudos

/16

Gangsta619_

77%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Gangsta619_
Accepted Solution

Skill is pretty lame only use it when the team I spawn in has hardly any  structures and the opposing winning team has near max structures built.

0 Kudos

/16

spadger_69

34%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
spadger_69
Accepted Solution

Nothing wrong with the bruiser. It Helps to reduce the hawk cheap kill stomping plague.

0 Kudos

/16

Spinodontosaur4

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Spinodontosaur4
Accepted Solution
There is everything wrong with Bruiser. You will knife a Hawk before it can stomp you. You will knife a Tank before it can run you over. You will destroy an entire base faster than a Tank or a Hawk. It is simply broken. Leave the base damaging to the Grinder, and vehicles to the welding torch. They are not broken, but are rather redundant with Bruiser around.
0 Kudos

/16

DevastVi

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DevastVi
Accepted Solution

Obvious game imbalance . 

I don't know what is worse, the perk or knowing that someone who is hacking these changes has already looked into it, made an adjustment, and thinks that everything is a-okay. 

Patch1.02.002

• Bruiser Skill damage to buildings reduced

^ Unbelievable!  :smileyfrustrated:

To me this isn't just even about buildings.

A knife should be useful as a last resort. Certainly not an invitation to obliterate anything /and everything in it's path! There's not even a negative trait to this skill.

I would really like to know why this made it into the game in the first place, as others have mentioned the torch provides this role perfectly already.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Moonbug

• Beta Tester
82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Moonbug
Accepted Solution

Well, all the moaning minnies keep on about "balance".  So this "balances" the mech stomp or vehicles running you over, it should be standard that the knife destroys vehicles to "balance" the game out :Stupid:

(It shouldn't destroy buildings, though :Reindeer:)

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Fly Me To The MoonPhotobucketWW2
/16

DevastVi

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DevastVi
Accepted Solution

-Keep up the good work.

0 Kudos

/16

batchef

99%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
batchef
Accepted Solution

jesus lads, if there's a troop in your base, kill him with a shotgun or rifle, if there's a guy running around my base ill have him long dead before he gets to stand beside a building long enough to take it down!!! the shotgun will kill him in one hit if your close range, and the rifle in two seconds if far away!!!

batchef Trophy Card
/16

Spinodontosaur4

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Spinodontosaur4
Accepted Solution
Beacuse you have eyes absolutely everywhere at all times, right? Even if noticed, he can walse on in driving his bike, straight past all the troops and knife away whilst running around all of the buildings for protection.
With friendly fire on, fragging will cause more harm than good, and the shotgun's hit detection is too flaky to be relied on at close range.
The main problem is against weak buildings and all vehicles. Bruiser knocks out shields and Tank Spawners etc so fast it isnt even funny. You can even run the bruiser abuser over in a Tank and his dead body will magically knife you, even from 10-15 feet away.
Bruiser is broken, and combined with other game niggles becomes virtually game-breaking.

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel