08 May 2012
Playstation Staff

Does Starhawk have 2 player splitscreen online multiplayer (not just splitscreen online co-op)?

[ Edited ]
3 Replies 3,916 Views edited 08-05-2012

Looked everywhere on the net and can't find anything that confirms or denies this...

There was a news release which said there will be two player split screen online but it didn't say if that is just co-op online OR multiplayer online. I thope it's not being purposefully vague because splitscreen online (a la Black Ops) is not be included. News release: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/03/21/starhawk-brings-back-splitscreen-head-to-head-and-co-op-mu...

Can anyone who has the game, and has played 2 player online MP, confirm this? If this game has this feature I will definitely buy it! :smileyhappy:  

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4 (3,916 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Re: Does Starhawk have 2 player splitscreen online multiplayer (not just splitscreen online co-op)?

Hi, I am like you, I will oly buy this game if there is competitive online split screen. I do not know either if the game has this, but the official web site, only says that co op has split screen. How ever in the site: http://www.gamespot.com/shows/now-playing/?event=now_playing_starhawk20120508&tag=Topslot;NowPlaying...

they are playing the game and I think they played split screen in a mod of the competitive multiplayer. But i dont know if it is possible to play in all mods with split screen. I would like to know more about this too so if you find more information answer this message. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4 (3,885 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: Does Starhawk have 2 player splitscreen online multiplayer (not just splitscreen online co-op)?

I own the game, and can.confirm that it has competitive online 2-player splitscreen!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4 (3,622 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Thats great, how the hell does it work though?
I know NOW that I need to have 2 legitimate accounts, which wasn't OBVIOUS from the error message "There are no users".

I have to create a complete new account with email and EVERYHING to play Splitscreen?

REALLYYYYYYYYYYYY???????????????????? 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4 (3,557 Views)
0 Kudos