Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Enough is enough

Talking of common sense and team work I had to laugh in disbelief when I had built a bunch of beam turrests surrounding our teams base then someone decided to spawn a depot slap bang in front of and outside of the base blocking the line of sight of a turret....when not more than 50 feet away within our base there was a perfectly good working depot. Honestly I wonder how these people dress themselves each day.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 48 (205 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

My point exactly.

Have to say, I've not heard a single person on the comms yet. Did hear some really annoying hiphop being played over the comms the other day, but so far thats it.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 48 (198 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I'm guilty of not using the mic at the moment. So far I've had people singing, insulting others oh yeah and I had one guy eating loudly down the mic the other day, nice. Needless to say I use the mute function a lot.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 48 (190 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Yes or these people who build large semicircular defense walls around that use up like 8-10 build tickets and still have gapping holes for people on bikes to pass through.

Or the 3 jet bike platforms built at the start of each match.

Ive run into a few people on coms, some new what they were doing others well I just turned my mic off lol.

I was trying to explain to them that there were ALOT of tanks heading to rape our base and all they were saying was " I don't see no tanks, where the tanks" as if I would somehow benefit from lying to my own team.

Or in one case i said we already had a bike station and the guy said "where" as he dropped another one down literally right beside an existing one.

Occasionally I find shouting "stop dropping bloody walls" even when no one else has a mic on works and they stop.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 48 (186 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]
In 6 days on the game I've yet to see a baserape. Yeah I've spawned into a few poundings but always without fail have managed to escape and build an outpost or start wrecking the enemies home base.

Sure it might help to have at least one undestroyable building or some cover Maybe even a few impartial weapons stash bunkers dotted about . I find the spawning much better than warhawk ever was. My god the spawn areas in games are huge You can almost gaurantee an easy escape from any base.

I think people are starting to cotton on that teamwork may be the key here lol. Head off in zones groups of 2 or 3 and it's easy to take bases.

Too many people are screaming baserape instead if actually using a bit of intelligence and not spawning dead centre of your homebase.

In every online game I've played. Bfbc2 bf3 warhawk and starhawk The terms baserape and balance issues are flung around whenever someone gets killed easily and cant do anything but run around aimlessly. Blame yourself not the game if you can't kill someone. Keep at it. It's early days

Believe me I know. I wrote the game off in first week of beta. Stupidly thinking I should have been amazing at it.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 48 (175 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

malazak wrote:
Blame yourself not the game if you can't kill someone. Keep at it. It's early days

So the victims of baseraping/spawncamping are the ones to blame!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 48 (169 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

LAILIEL wrote:

malazak wrote:
Blame yourself not the game if you can't kill someone. Keep at it. It's early days

So the victims of baseraping/spawncamping are the ones to blame!

No, the lack of teamwork is to blame.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 48 (157 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I agree that teamwork can contain base-raping/spawn-camping but if LBI had developed some countermeasures as well you surely would have had a better online; instead you got spawn towers that cost twice than in the beta and enemies are still allowed to use B&B in your base thus intrinsically encouraging/allowing base-rape.

One thing is relying on teamwork to have abetter experience, another is to rely on teamwork as the only possible way to even have an experience: anyone should be able to pick the game and have fun without even relying on teamwork.

In Killzone 3 I can play with strangers, even not communicate, and still have fun but as you say in Starhawk that's simply not possible.

Teamwork and experience will eventually save Starhawk multiplayer but it will take weeks, probably months.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 48 (153 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I'm saying that given all the tools and option at your disposal to get Out of the base It's pretty easy to avoid most base poundings.
Spawn at the out edge of your area and guide your pod further out. Build JetBike or jeep. It's a fighting chance
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 39 of 48 (147 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

We're all complaining about "Baserapes" & the such...

And when it happens we cant get out of the base!!!!!!

Ask yourself why you cant get out of the base & the answer we get is the enemy have destroyed all the structures :Shame:

But why have they destroyed everything!!?

Because we build everything in the middle all together...

Spread the structures around the base with a little thought to what should go where..

Vehicles need direct routes out of base so build them facing a escape route....

If you want put your supply bunker in the middle near the flag (in ctf) then you can grab weapons & go to where the vehicle you want is..

As players you have to make it as difficult it is for the otherside to win , if they cant destroy all your structures you have a chance ......

men of the imperium do you want to live for ever!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 48 (137 Views)