31 May 2012
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

Flag Carriers and Points

5 Replies 291 Views Created 01-06-2012

OK so you get points for capturing a flag, fair enough. But do you actually get anything for grabbing the flag, escaping the enemy HQ, transporting it across the map and guarding it for about 5 minutes while your team tries to reclaim ours?

If not, then you bloody should do,

Just had a game where I did this and I don't think I got any points whatsoever. While keeping the flag, I hid in a Supply Bunker while my team just stood around like idiots instead of going to kill the enemy flag carrier. I fended off about 3/4 enemies in close quarters but finally got killed after about 5 mins. Someone else picked up the flag AND got the mother *****ing points for all my hard work!!!

This really needs looking at because it's not right. There should either be:

- A flag assist bonus

- A bonus for holding the flag a certain amount of time

- A bonus for being the one to grab the flag in the first place 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (291 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Flag Carriers and Points

[ Edited ]

This is yet another example of Starhawk being a step backwards from Warhawk where you got points for every flag you picked up.

Fly Me To The MoonPhotobucketWW2
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (279 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

You're right, it needs balancing. But points for holding onto it would have to be done right or XP farmers would never let it go. And if the points for holding onto it are that much less than capturing it, there's perhaps no point. I think everyone who holds the flag between the enemy base and capture should get the capture points, and not just whoever is the last in the chain. And yeah, a bonus for capturing the flag from the enemy base as well. "Flag Thief" medal for whoever takes it, and "Flag Capture" for every teammate who has hold of it until captured. Maybe who moves it a decent way - have to avoid fights over picks the flag up.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (271 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

True the "holding flag" idea would be abused, but defintely something is needed because it puts you off going for the flag at all.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6 (263 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

AND AGAIN *****!

Just played a CTF on Basin and we lost 3-2. It was only thanks to me we got the 2 flags at all, because I turned up about 10 mins into the game and we were 2-0 down. Eventually after numerous attempts, I grabbed the flag and made it back to about 10 metres from our main gate and got taken out. Someone else grabbed it and claimed the points while I had to sit and twiddle my thumbs.

Second time, I got into the base and ran to a nearby corral, just about escaping within an inch of my life and the same thing happened!!!

This is beyond a joke and someone needs to look at the point system for CTF because I really can't be arsed with this anymore.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6 (247 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

wingkong85 wrote:

AND AGAIN *****!

Just played a CTF on Basin and we lost 3-2. It was only thanks to me we got the 2 flags at all, because I turned up about 10 mins into the game and we were 2-0 down. Eventually after numerous attempts, I grabbed the flag and made it back to about 10 metres from our main gate and got taken out. Someone else grabbed it and claimed the points while I had to sit and twiddle my thumbs.

Second time, I got into the base and ran to a nearby corral, just about escaping within an inch of my life and the same thing happened!!!

This is beyond a joke and someone needs to look at the point system for CTF because I really can't be arsed with this anymore.

Yes something does need to be tweeked to give points accordingly....

But where do you start accruing points!!?

Is it with every Flag Grab off the flag station? as at times its grabbed repeatedly but gets no further than a few yards before its back again....

Or do you get points once its passed the outter boundries of the base?

I think they could split the points down if you grab the flag & get it all the way home without dropping its the full points....

But if its dropped & grabbed again it goes down to half the full points for getting it home!!!

But that does'nt help the player that has transported the carrier across the map or the player that has given up his Sidewinder to the carrier as they get no points for there help....

men of the imperium do you want to live for ever!!!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (236 Views)
0 Kudos