04 Jun 2012
Playstation Staff

Idiot

[ Edited ]
8 Replies 295 Views edited 04-06-2012

So played a game tonight TDM , just set up a forward beacon, couple other players spawned in and started constructing defences, when this IDIOT spawned in, reclaimed all our defences including the spawn beacon, and started trying to drop walls on us all, this continued for the full 30 mins of the game, he was a complete jerk.

:manmad:

so if anyone is playing and they see this guy, pls use the reporting system , maybe we can get him a ban or something.,

really spoiled  the only match I could fit in tonight.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (295 Views)
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Re: Idiot

[ Edited ]

name & shame :No-no:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9 (288 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Ew_Tux wrote:

Sorry i am not trying to start a flame war here, but as a computer engineer and a may times administrator of forums, if a player is going to behave like an idoit, and we cant now kick them from the game, i see nothing wrong with naming and shaming him.

it`s dim wits like this that will ruin this game before its even had a chance to become popular.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9 (285 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

We SHOULD name and shame these idiots... they ruin the game!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9 (280 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

rowlands121 wrote:

Ew_Tux wrote:

Sorry i am not trying to start a flame war here, but as a computer engineer and a may times administrator of forums, if a player is going to behave like an idoit, and we cant now kick them from the game, i see nothing wrong with naming and shaming him.

it`s dim wits like this that will ruin this game before its even had a chance to become popular.

Maybe so, however you are still violating rules of THIS forum.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9 (255 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

rowlands121 wrote:

Even with the players we dont like in game I feel this game is'nt going to be that popular!!!!!
LBi & Sony put the boot into this game by not advertising!!!

Its all well & good having "Tweets" with Dylan & Facebook updates but where was the telly ad that stired a gamers blood & got them thinking thats the game for me?

Once you get to level 50 theres nothing for you to do bar kill kill kill .

We're already seeing Warhawk Vet's who are just "one trick monkeys" as the game does'nt challenge them or ask them to do anything to achieve there rank...

I had such high hopes for this when I got the invite to the Beta but as times gone on thats waining i'm afraid.

Yes I know its early days & they have put a patch/fix out to correct certain things but the "Spawn Killing" is so ingrained in players mentality now its impossible to stop even when they have "Dumbed Down" the tank abit..

The community here is not a happy one 75% of the time as a lot of us feel let down by LBi/Sony  ..

I really hope they pull there socks up & put 101% into getting this as good as it can get & make it the "Spiritual Successor" to Warhawk ..

The games ARE getting a little better or i'm just joining servers that I recognise that i've had a good game or two in before....

men of the imperium do you want to live for ever!!!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9 (246 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Locked while I can edit the guys name out of each post.

Response coming up in a minute.

yaster's Streambadge
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (241 Views)

Playstation Staff

Right, the reason why you can't name and shame people on this (and a lot of other gaming forums out there) is to protect people who are being falsely accused.

It's easy for someone to post a false account of cheating or being abusive against someone they don't like on an internet forum without any proof and get a whole bunch of other people worked up into forming an angry mob.

Also the person being accused can google his Online ID, find a thread such as this and give the OP a torrent of abuse.

A little extreme that example is.  And maybe you can supply proof, but in order for action to be taken against a user, a PlayStation moderator will need to see the abuse first hand (images and videos can be faked, they have been in the past), plus not everything that gets people riled up is against the rules.  Camping and overuse of a certain weapon can annoy people, but they're not bannable offenses.

So refrain from naming and shaming on these forums.  File a grief report against the playing via uk.playstation.com or if the game has a reporting function, use that.

yaster's Streambadge
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (233 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Yaster wrote:

Right, the reason why you can't name and shame people on this (and a lot of other gaming forums out there) is to protect people who are being falsely accused.

It's easy for someone to post a false account of cheating or being abusive against someone they don't like on an Internet forum without any proof and get a whole bunch of other people worked up into forming an angry mob.

Also the person being accused can goggle his Online ID, find a thread such as this and give the OP a torrent of abuse.

A little extreme that example is.  And maybe you can supply proof, but in order for action to be taken against a user, a PlayStation moderator will need to see the abuse first hand (images and videos can be faked, they have been in the past), plus not everything that gets people riled up is against the rules.  Camping and overuse of a certain weapon can annoy people, but they're not bannable offences.

So refrain from naming and shaming on these forums.  File a grief report against the playing via uk.playstation.com or if the game has a reporting function, use that.

Thanks Yaster, sorry .

On a side note I suppose this will give us the opportunity to see how well the reporting system works.

Your reply sounds like you were not aware that the StarHawk patch has introduced a reporting system.

Could you please find out how this will affect players that think its fun to demolish your own teams bases continually, and if a person is reported then what actions are open to Lightbox to deal with these players.

Are they able to serve a short ban on players playing multiplayer games or not.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9 (171 Views)
0 Kudos