04 Jul 2011
By: jason_ac

4 Posts

Lightbox may re-config current Officials; Europe need anything right now?

[ Edited ]
8 Replies 261 Views edited 04-07-2011

Hi all, I'm normally only in the U.S. forums.  Apparently Europe no longer has a WH forum? (even though you still have WH servers  :smileytongue:  )

I've gotten talking to Lightbox lately about how the U.S. Officials are ridiculously configured. It's bad enough, they may make changes to them. If they're willing to change European servers too, is there anything you guys need changed?  Are yours badly setup?

Are there modes/rank levels you're missing that you wish you had? UK has 9 servers, you'd have to decide which to changeover to something different.

I know Friendly Fire is often a very divisive issue. I notice no server allows in Recruits, which seems odd. Recruits are 12% of the active players these days.

FYI, the U.S. problem is way too many Rookie servers (& too few blue...5 vs 11, so the vets only get CTF & Zones while the Rookies get lots), and there's discussion about using rank limits to force alts out of Rookie servers.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9 (261 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Re: Lightbox may re-config current Officials; Europe need anything right now?

UK has no CTF server, and the only Zones server is an expert server. maybe we could have the expert but also one without TK. and one of each of the CTF so we have a low ping to play with.

grtz

http://TEG-warhawk.webs.com!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9 (247 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Just bring back an EU-CTF server...ZNS expert is fine but CTF is better with no friendly fire...(or no one is going to protect the carrier :smileywink:)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9 (243 Views)
0 Kudos

heroldmr2 wrote:

UK has no CTF server, and the only Zones server is an expert server. maybe we could have the expert but also one without TK. and one of each of the CTF so we have a low ping to play with.

Showing ALL servers (even rank-limited servers), I see 2 CTF servers & 2 Zones servers. 

The first 3 (non-Expert) you have to be below 2nd Lt. to use them:

ALL CTF Lg1

CTF Lg1
ZNS Lg1
ZNS Lg1 (Expert)

I'm assuming you're high rank from your points. Unfortunately for you, LB has the ratio about right...65% of active players are below 2nd Lt., and about 65% of your 9 servers are devoted to them.

Sounds like what you really want would be a different ranking for the 2-tier system, closer to what the U.S. has, with a few servers for the smaller population of really low-rank people, and the other servers for higher ranks (or completely open, Recruit -> General)?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9 (221 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

DE and FR-COL were the best servers in Warhawk. Haven't got a clue why they took them away :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9 (210 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

^^^^^^ couldn't agree more

Photobucket

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9 (193 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

if they could include small medium and large maps in one rotation that would be cool...played a couple of games in a dedicated ranked server with 32 players on NB and similar sized maps...official servers like this would be awesome...

and throw in a COL server...please!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9 (171 Views)
0 Kudos

I can make some of these requests, but you guys are going to have to tell me what servers are unpopular, because I doubt they're going to give any of us new servers...just take existing ones and re-configure them.

Also, in the U.S., we're probably going to try to get servers split into 2-tiers:

Recruit -> Chief Sergeant

Airman 1st Class -> General

If we did that in the UK, not many servers would have to be dedicated to low ranks (right now more than half of yours are), the rest could be for higher ranks.

Would you guys like that arrangement too?

Of course, you guys have the whole divisive Friendly Fire issue (it's turned off on all U.S. Officials).

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9 (166 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

jason_ac wrote:

I can make some of these requests, but you guys are going to have to tell me what servers are unpopular, because I doubt they're going to give any of us new servers...just take existing ones and re-configure them.

Also, in the U.S., we're probably going to try to get servers split into 2-tiers:

Recruit -> Chief Sergeant

Airman 1st Class -> General

If we did that in the UK, not many servers would have to be dedicated to low ranks (right now more than half of yours are), the rest could be for higher ranks.

Would you guys like that arrangement too?

Of course, you guys have the whole divisive Friendly Fire issue (it's turned off on all U.S. Officials).

Please, for the love of all things fun, leave Friendly Fire on in all official servers.

Especially the rookie servers, it really helps people to get better at playing.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9 (107 Views)
0 Kudos