Level 13

Playstation Staff

Re: Team Work

Almost time for Starhawk Tactic of the Month guys - get submitting and Kudos'ing!

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 42 (1,080 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

To whoever suggested putting a bunker right on top of the enemy base in space (effectively); your own tactic cancels out your own tactic. I wuold spawn a jetpack dispenser up near those skyscrapers (but out of sight of the bunker obviously), fly on top of your bunker (you would be too busy base-raping to see/lock on to me coming from the side), and assuming there were no turrets (if there were I would just destroy them first) I would fly straight on top of your bunker, throw all 3 grenades down the hole; killing all inside, and would then proceed to take the rocket launcher and destroy your pod beacon. I would then use your bunker as our own for the rest of the game. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 42 (1,058 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Triazic wrote:

To whoever suggested putting a bunker right on top of the enemy base in space (effectively); your own tactic cancels out your own tactic. I wuold spawn a jetpack dispenser up near those skyscrapers (but out of sight of the bunker obviously), fly on top of your bunker (you would be too busy base-raping to see/lock on to me coming from the side), and assuming there were no turrets (if there were I would just destroy them first) I would fly straight on top of your bunker, throw all 3 grenades down the hole; killing all inside, and would then proceed to take the rocket launcher and destroy your pod beacon. I would then use your bunker as our own for the rest of the game. 

By then though it's already too late. With anymore than three people in the bunker and a pod beacon nearby there isn't enough time to invade the bunker and kill all inside. If you go for the pod beacon first you've alerted the people in the bunker and they'll be able to build another one immediately and go looking for you. If you go for the bunker then you may kill one or two but they will then spawn immediately back on the location. it becomes a constant loop and the more people there is, the more difficult it is to break the loop. With one person on there own it is essential you do as you say but as I suggested at the beginning, everybody inside needs a jetpack to counteract exactly what you've suggested. It allows them to fly up through the hole and shotgun you immediately in order to minimise casualties. As more and more players spawn, shields regularly pop up around the base meaning all focus is on stopping any invaders. The fact that the towers are the only nearby spawn area that are a threat means a simple beam turret (usually planted after there is a shield for obvious reasons) completely cuts off that route of attack. It does take constant defense and multiple players must be urged to spawn there immediately but once it becomes strengthened by two or three people it is incredibly difficult to erradicate.

However, I'm unsure if I'm noticing things but the supply bunkers seem to have less health now than they did in an earlier stage of the Beta. If that's the case the tactic is a lot less effective as it'll become much more difficult to keep it and the pod beacon standing as long as possible.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 42 (1,051 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Well... I annihilated one of those side bases on space that people build on the floating platforms to the (left?) of each base. Fully equipped with shields, 2 beam cannons, bunkers, turrets, etc. Their whole team was in there (I had just joined the game and seen this base-rape occurring). 

Approach from a side they are not expecting (as for your statement about beam cannons stopping jetpacks, this is untrue. They take a while to lock on, and in that time you can easily get out of their line of sight and make a different approach, or hit the ground and take to the air again... They will again take time to lock on so just hit the ground again. Rinse and repeat. ). In the aforementioned situation of the side base I merely went out of their line of sight (along the left path out of the base), jetpacked below the floating platform so nothing could lock on, then boosted up to the platform, took out the spawn beacon, shotgunned a few people, took out turrets on top of the bunker, flew on top of the bunker and spammed grenades, entered bunker and restocked, destroyed second pod beacon, destroyed shield, shotgunned a few more. At this stage people seemed to get the idea and soon discontinued their efforts, leaving myself and a few hawks to mop up their remaining buildings.

Admittedly my success in this situation was probably due to the absence of shooting skills on the other team, but I've done this sort of thing on many occasions and get this weird sort of feeling like 'yeah, try and base-rape my team now, ****ers'.

Very similar to joining a heavily base-raped team on Killzone 2 (I often switched from the raping team to the raped team, far greater opportunity for points, kills etc), rolling tactician, setting a spawn point behind the enemy team, and then proceeding to annihilate the enemy from behind and watch as my teammates began spawning at my location and continuing the trend. 

The great thing about these types of games with a controllable spawning system (Starhawk, Killzone 2 and Section 8 are the only ones I've played with this unfortunately... and Killzone 3 to some extent) is that base-rape can be broken easily if you manage to slip by even once. Games like COD however are just ludicrously bad. 

And now that I think of it, I have broken the bunker on that ramp thing that was mentioned. Thanks for the bunker! haha (yet to find a situation I can't crack). 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 42 (1,043 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: MB's Starhawk Tactics Thread

Its fairly obvious but what i do on space is 

1. drop in close to the riftt energy generator thing

2. wait till you have 4 bars 

3. place a jetpack dispencer down

4. get a jetpack 

5. get some more rift energy via barrels 

6. place a supply bunker down next to the jetpacks

7. get the rocket llauncher,

8. fly to the enemy base,

9. fly onto one to buildings just outside the enemy base

10. use the rocket launcher to desroy the enemy buildings

11. build another buker close by.

12. keep destroying the enemy buildings 

its a good idea to keep moving around

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 42 (972 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

A sneaky Pod Beacon just outside of the enemy base is always good. On Space, you could pop one of these on the buildings overlooking the enemy HQ. So if you're playing CTF, you can actually respawn and direct yourself right on top of the flag, without having to sneak in.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 42 (968 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

One more thing,  yes destroy enemy buildings BUT leave the walls alone so you don't free up spaces for more useful structures.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 42 (966 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Use the Explore facility!!!!

Its there for a reason walk/ride/fly your maps learn where the equipment you like to use is .......

I like to :Sniper: so i've been equiping the jetpack & searching out the high spots & lines of fire!!!!

I now know where I can & cant get to & how many jumps it takes with a normal fueled jetpack....

(And there are some very nice high vantage points :Thumbs: )......

men of the imperium do you want to live for ever!!!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 42 (959 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

i have no tacctics all i need is my riffle 

Veni, vidi, vici thast how i roll haaaaaaaaa!!!

i dont build anything i use what is around me !! 

im a soldier i take buildings lol

i need some good players to play with my warhawk clann sas creppin death uk based clann

most of them i dont think will be playing starhawk a few left for war and ccx snoopkitten(swing swing) santarium mr safari general pentex (god of warhawk)!! hopefully i find a new clann thanks guys i miss you guys!!!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 42 (893 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Hey, Kadafi, you crazy man....you still around then Look forward to seeing you in Starhawk, not seen any SAS in yonks, would be great to see San, Snoop, Pentex and MrSafari back in Starhawk plus mad Kadafi......looool!
GENERAL MIKE
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 42 (857 Views)