[EN] Archive

Starhawk

Starhawk

Level 3

Re: MB's Stalwart Tactics Thread

OK Here is my Tactic.

For later in the game on Dust, when the enemy are approaching your base with tanks.

Take 1 bike

go pickup a sticky mine. Place all three mines on the front of your bike.

Wait for the mines to respawn then collect them.

Ride at full speed to the tanks try to get in close but don't ram it . All the mines jump from the bike to the tank, boom.

Some players were getting wise to this in the beta, and would jump out of the vehicle just as you arrive.

If they do , then just fire the three mines you have onto the vehicle and drive off.

As soon as they get back into the vehicle , boom.

Fed up with your base being torpedoed by hawks ?

To use the torpedo properly, hawks have to fly in a low strafing run across your base.

Place three mines in the valley between the two peaks by your base, as they begin their strafing run, the mines will jump up and attach themselves  to the hawk. Boom.

WARNING you need to be skilled on the bike to ride round with mines attached, as a single near miss from a tank will take you  out.

Enjoy.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 42 (1,005 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: MB's Stalwart Tactics Thread

haaaaaaaaa bored off that stick them buggers to your hawks haaaaaaaaa and rain down from the heavens with the hammmer of thor!!! wat i love to do is play chicken with the enemy haaaaaaaaaaa mikeyyyyyyyyyy boy i will see you may 8th my friend keep a space for me in your clann im sure it will be great fun playing with you guys i ve only played starhawk with pentex and labarr7 little weee scots man haaaaaaaaa
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 42 (1,001 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Re: MB's Starhawk Tactics Thread

Not really a tactic. On most maps when you spawn, if you really push that stick you can normally land somewhere you can get a clear shot on some Barrels of Turquoise goodness giving you 4 units within seconds of the start of the game.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 42 (858 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Sidewinder derbying

As we all know and sometimes hate, at the beginning of every game about half the team jumps on sidewinders and try's to capture each other's flags. The problem is, everybody is going so fast you really have no way of combating them at the beginning of the game. Well look no further. First go ahead and save one rift and grab a bike from someone else's corral. Then, grab some proxy mines and stick them all over your sidewinder. Now, instead of trying to stop and shoot the speedy devils, you just ram into them and they blow up.

I'd like to give credit to whatever genius did this to me on dust. The stupid ones never win.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 42 (839 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Don't forget the basics too!!! There's a lot to be said for simple flanking manoeuvres which was a huge factor in the last game I just played.

It was TDM on Fracture (the one with the red sky?) and we were battling over the left flank where two long bridges met at an island which had a tremendous vantage point over the enemy base. For a while we held the island, set up a shielded outpost but had trouble picking off their tanks who were hiding behind a shield in the HQ.

However, a cloaked hawk dropped in and took out our shield, leaving our island base open to a tank massacre. It wasn't long before, their team had their own outpost set up in that same place.

So I spawned, grabbed a tank and made my way through the centre which was pretty open, bagging a few points along the way. I ended up at the opposite side of the bridge and proceeded up to the outpost, where an enemy tank was causing havoc on our guys struggling to move up. I rolled up behind the tank, who was oblivious, took out their shields, repair arm AND the tank in one swift artillery strike.

The deadlock was broken and our guys were able to advance deep into enemy territory, so that simple flanking move had sealed the win.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 42 (799 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

I can never find proximity mines on foot in the map

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 42 (794 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I usually make a point of finding the mines for each map, but I forget where they are a lot of the time.

Also, I've been using the grinder (?) a lot lately and it's bloody brilliant for destroying structures and also pretty good in close quarters against infantry.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 42 (792 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I think I wrote this's somewhere else on the forum, this is my favourite tactic for holding a position.

First off ya need a bit of team coordination.... Yeah I know but bare with it :smileywink:.

Then get a small band together, 4 is a good amount, tool up the best you can. Get Your selves in some speedy vehicles and trundle off to some barrels. Good idea also to build up some rift unless you know you will go passed a good amount of barrels on the way.

Now you may have noticed that alot of the barrels are in strategic positions, well find one that is useful to your team I.e. near a zone, choke point or just as close as possible to the enemy base. Then let the building commence!!!

If you all have full rift then this will be really easy to do if not the barrels are your friends. Start with a bunker and tower ( keep that ammo up, ) then a shield ( obvious really, ) then a spawn point. If you all did have full rift use what's left for turrets on the bunker and maybe a vehicle depot of some description ( best for quick get always. ) All the time make sure you collect those barrels and keep building up defences ( walls, turrets, etc )

Now your pretty well protected.... Wait for the incoming enemy, you know as soon as they see that spawn they will be coming that's why it's best left till last. You should be able to see anyone coming from the tower so a good sniper and a few guys with rockets can take out any thing coming. whilst ,( fingers crossed ) the reinforcements drop in.

With a bit of communication you can hold a point with this for a good amount of time.... Plus it's bloody fun just to see how long you can stay put! If you chose a good spot can also win you a match!
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 42 (748 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

With a bit of communication you can hold a point with this for a good amount of time.... Plus it's bloody fun just to see how long you can stay put! If you chose a good spot can also win you a match

haaaaaa finaly someone with a style of play that i like amen to that my brother i think more people should have this style of play iuts really fun to defend your base that you built with your freinds sometimes it gets crazy and you can have some real fun playing

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 42 (743 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

One very useful tactic when your base is swarmed with tanks is to equip the Bruiser perk and start slashing. It's always immensely satisfying to take out a spawn-camping tanker with your humble blade.

I may be a little slow but it took a while before I realised Bruiser damaged vehicles as well as buildings.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 42 (713 Views)
0 Kudos