13 Jun 2011
Playstation Staff

Please don't let the campaign suck!

12 Replies 247 Views Created 13-06-2011

While I know there's alot of focus on multiplayer, and I do think that's important I've been waiting for a Warhawk/Starhawk campaign since 2006. I want a journey, quest or adventure. Not an arena game, I want to save people or some sort of life form, not protect a rifter. I don't want to fight enemies in an arena then watch a cuscene lather rinse repeat. This reminds me of my most dispised game from this generation, Unreal Tournament 3. While their multiplayer was fun their Campaign was painfully repetitive and boring after awhile. The sheer fact that a big Victory phrase pops up on screen after you defeat pass a level, just like when players win a multplayer match is worrying me already, save that for the co-op.

There are so many posiibilities with this game for the campaign, even with the structure you already have. If emmett could receive distress calls prompting him to travel relatively long distances by vehicle, in order to save towns, cities, etc. He would seem more heroic, and the sheer pace of receiving distress calls from cutter or whatever, seems action packed. If there was atleast one mission that you can fly into space it would be sooooooo EPIC.

Long story short I'm looking forward to an adventure and a great lore...hopefully

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13 (247 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: Please don't let the campaign suck!

I couldn't give a monkeys about the campaign.

some games I consider to be primarily multiplayer (battlefield, warhawk), these games do not need a campaign bolted on.

in any case, you can tell a story of the world in which an MP game is set, the killzone 2 MP was good at this.

I would rather they scrapped the campaign, there are enough overblown narratives in the gaming world already.

pmf (MP expenses)
 photo pmfbik-2.png
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (243 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

pressmyfoot wrote:

some games I consider to be primarily multiplayer (battlefield, warhawk), these games do not need a campaign bolted on.

in any case, you can tell a story of the world in which an MP game is set, the killzone 2 MP was good at this.

I would rather they scrapped the campaign, there are enough overblown narratives in the gaming world already.

pmf (MP expenses)

I agree completely.

TNK (Asquiesce)

:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (241 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

thenoobkiller wrote:

pressmyfoot wrote:

pmf (MP expenses)

I agree completely.

TNK (Asquiesce)

:smileyhappy:

In my honest opinion the thing I liked about Warhawk is that you could jump in, play some, then jump out.... one day try and actually kill something... the next day ar5e about and have fun.

Personally I'm a dabbler... but I understand other folks wanting more from a game

Stakka (Wonderwall)

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (229 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Isnt the 'campaign mode' just going to be some sort of hoarde/wave defence type game? Sure thats what i read, unless that was just the co op and there is actually a story mode to it, hope not tho, as has been said the MP will no doubts suffer greatly if there is.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13 (207 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Yeah...worse still is that this game can be rated well-down if it gets the single player wrong, and since this is the first attempt at it, it is very easy to get it wrong...character is stupid, plot is boring, voice acting etc. etc.. I also couldn't care less about the campaign, it is after all a Warhawk sequel!...what's Eucadian and Chernovan again?...could be burgers vs. sausages for all i care....it does add an extra polish i guess which would be cool...i'd say the focus should be 70% multiplayer and 30% campaign...and it's the gameplay and variety that matters...not some bad attempt at being mass effect or halo or something!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13 (173 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

As long as theres large sized maps plenty of good cover & the trusty :Sniper: rifle i'll be happy(ish)...

men of the imperium do you want to live for ever!!!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13 (154 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

The single player campain for me is to get used to the buttons and kill some easy targets before jumping onto the multiplayer for a bigger challenge. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13 (141 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I hope its good but once the Multi Player is as good if not better then Warhawk I'll be happy.  

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13 (135 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

I don't need a campaign. I'm still disappointed there is a single player campaign. waste of time for me.

StarhawkCenter

Warhawk = serious business
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13 (125 Views)
0 Kudos