Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: So... Use Hawks or just die then?

There is a reason why its more powerful than a rocket launcher, Bruiser requires you getting right up to the enemy the rocket launcher can be used from a distance.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 28 (248 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Like I said, I get that it's called "StarHawk".  If other vehicles and on foot playstyles are so insignificant and should be seen as such though, why even have them in the game? 

Baseraping is an issue that doesn't bother me as such - like in Battlefront, if you're getting baseraped, you've ended up in that position for a reason.  But it just seems that Hawks are the simple fast track way of doing it.

As for "only a problem if they have cluster bombs".  That's the problem - 9 times out of 10, they HAVE got cluster bombs.  And just because Hawks are there, doesn't mean I want to be forced to use one.  A few of the powerups are the main problem.  An all round game that gives purpose to all the units would be excellent and it's not impossible to achieve. 

No doubt I'll carry on playing cause I still find ways to enjoy the game.  But at the same time, I won't be surprised if the majority of the online community for this game just gets bored and move on.  Which will be a real shame.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 28 (240 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

There were balance issues with Warhawk and it got fixed , so if this is causing a problem it will get fixed too .

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 28 (239 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

9 out of 10 times? They don't respawn like candy and some maps (Dust ones) have only one cluster bomb spawns.. And the vehicles are not insignificant. You can run flags with jeeps and bikes pretty well, Or you can bust out hawks in mid air with the tank. They all got their own learning curves and little tricks to them. Hawk just gets a lil more attention.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 28 (227 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

I wouldn't call the Razorbacks useless by a long shot. Between roadkill and the stackable skills of the potential passengers, they can be extremely useful in this game...
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 28 (220 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Play Ground Pounder matches. /Thread.

But seriously, just train, you'll eventually get good.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 28 (212 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

You want to change way too much in one go.

There is nothing really wrong with the perks (bruiser, and the turret evading one)

i agree that the hawk shield should not be allowed in mech form. Invisibility is fine the way it is.

and The cluster bomb needs some work like only 4 rounds or way slower respawn... the rest is pretty good for hawks.

The tank is fine too but I feel it should cost about 4rift to spawn a tank, especially in ground pounder mode where u can't use hawks to balance it as in heavy weight mode.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 28 (209 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Air superiority is much more difficult now that in Warhawk as long as you are playing in a descent team. You can build you base in that way that will be a fortress for the poor hawks. And real strong air weapons are more rare than Warhawk.

But except of that. Now in Starhawk they introduced games with only ground weapons, for all these people that don't deal with hawks. And I think this is very smart in order to not make people get frustated. Let them enjoy the game with their own abilities!!

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 28 (204 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Bruiser is deffinatly over powered! It's a good idea for a perk, and I get your reasoning about it is because you have to get close, but that and a bike together is just a little silly. To many times have I been defending only to have one guy take out a whole base with a knife, a mech or tank I can handle, 1 guy 1 knife is a bit ridiculous.

It's true you need to get the hang of the hawks but once you do you can protect alot easier, I've started to get there and now I love em, at first u kinda resigned my self to the ground troops now I'm a multi purpose killing machine..... Well kinda😉
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 28 (198 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

How are you supposed to get 10 melee kills in one game when you're either being spawn-camped or your overrunning the enemy base and they're getting completely mullered faster than you can knife them? Or is that what Death Match games are for, running around knifing people until this skill unlocks?

I can agree with some of the defense of Starhawk. For one thing ugrading Beam Turrets to Flak Turrets should help a lot, but nowhere in the game are we told Flak Turrets even exist. I only learnt about them from this forum. The communication in this game is typically atrocious like most modern games. The big issue IMO is that anyone coming from the Beta never had this Hawk domination because none of the Hawk skills were tested in the Beta. Basically the Beta was poorly implemented and didn't do the testing it was supposed to. So instead of releasing a well balanced game that is accessible to noobs, LBI released a monster and is rushing to fix it now after all the negative reputation they've garnered. The fact other multiplayer games run the same way doesn't excuse it. When is any developer going to learn from these stupid mistakes??
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 28 (194 Views)
0 Kudos