Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: StarHawk OR Battlefield 3

[ Edited ]

I have to agree Bilbo I think SH is also a lot more fun even with its balancing issues. I remember BF3 had balancing issues when it first came out too which took a few patches to fix.

I find BF3 was a bit boring after a while, I also prefer playing with/against SH players it seems to be a bit more laid back. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20 (879 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Agree with Bilbo and Zorak too, BF3 is technically stunning, accurate and has much to like, BUT too much time is spent in pre/post game menus or respawn menus, which have all the atmosphere of a fridge door.

Starhawk is mental, fast, colourful, original, and unrealistic. Excellent! FTW SH > BF3 :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20 (871 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Very true, I remember it used to take a long time to actually get into a match on BF3 and even longer it seemed on Bad Company 2. Although I really liked the Vietnam add-on the Huey was a joke in it as it could be shot down by a medic's machine gun.

The vehicles in SH are far more fun to use and you dont have to stand around for ages waiting for them to respawn like in BF especially the helicopters and planes only for some chump to run in front of you and steal it, then proceed to crash it or if its a helicopter fly it backwards into the ground.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20 (862 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Starhawk is better than Bad Company 2.....which is better than Battlefield 3

On PS3 anyway.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 20 (852 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

What are you people talking about how long it takes to get into a game on bf3?

It takes barely any time at all :smileyfrustrated:

Starhawk on the other hand has a long load time to start up including accepting a terms and conditions time on every single startup.

Then when you find a game it'll take an ages to load into the map :smileyfrustrated:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20 (843 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Played neither, but SH is cheaper, and not too far behind so I'd go with that.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20 (733 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Balanced? Safe spawning? What game are you talking about? BF3 is as liniar as it gets with a "large" map. Unbalanced weapons, even maps where one team gets advantages over another, such as vehicles and positions. Have you ever played rush? After the first pair of hcoms, the other team can just sneek behind and tear your ***** up. Heck, the fact that they do NOTHING against people who spawn camp vehicles, such as jets flying in and shooting down a guy who's just taking off.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20 (594 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

For the record.... Simply press right then left on the terms and conditions Page to just skip all that pesky scrolling. Kudos please :-P
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 20 (591 Views)
Level 4

Playstation Staff

BF3 > SH

Simply because there are more problems with SH than there is with BF3.

They listened to the "hardcore" fans too much and made the game unplayable for "casual" and beginners. example being "normal" flight from WH.

I wanted this to be a great game but.......
Shika1983
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 20 (559 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I'm one of the newbies on Starhawk, having bought the MP and got the SP on PS+.

I have to say, I've had some of the worst MP experiences ever in Starhawk. The base ravaging in this game is ridiculous.

I joined a TDM game on Relay where the score was 153 to...wait for it...3!! Yes, 3!! I've never come across that kind of score disparity in any online game, not even Uncharted 2 (haven't played 3 online).

I've been playing BF3 for ages (and Bad Company 2 before that) and never came across any of these problems. It's definitely much mroe balanced game where the subsequent patches have improved balance issues.

Lightbox has said it's looking into the base ravaging issue, so hopefully something will be done. I find it to be a really frustrating game to play, and yes, I know part of that frustration has to do with the steep learnign curve, especially when tryingto fly hawks, but when you can barely get out of your pod to begin with, you know there's a problem.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20 (524 Views)
0 Kudos