Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Starhawk Public Beta: Leave your feedback

i can see your point, however  i think the whole point of having larger quantities of rift is that you create "advance" bases. for example on the space station map you can jetpack/hawk across to the seperated areas that overlook the enemy base and set up a bunker, tower, drop pod etc there
get  few team mates and its pretty difficult to crack.
i agree that the shield is too good right now, its prety unbreakable without  concentrated foot soldier charge, or a sneaky commando style attack from an unexpected angle.
maybe have the lightning gun for the hawks from warhawk be capable of shorting it out for say, 10 secs?

i dunno, i understand that it needs to be good for the cost, and it isnt completley perfect, but it does nullify a good 75% of methods of attack

0 Kudos
Message 61 of 240 (328 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

True, but the thing is in public games people tend to not use the rift for forward bases and just make their home base into an impenetrable fortress, turning the game into a 0-0 snooze fest. 

0 Kudos
Message 62 of 240 (325 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Yup, just had the exact same experience. This wasn't really a problem before, but now people have rift to burn. 

0 Kudos
Message 63 of 240 (321 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Are you complaining that the game is now too hard for you or what?
Pre made structure quicken the start of the game, I can now spawn, collect my weapons, grab a hawk/razorback and head out to set up a base or get the flag. Nothings changed apart from being able to get weapons.
The problem is the position of the buildings just now, The garage on Acid Sea seems to make people think they need to build walls around it and the flag, wasting about 15 or so slots.
this is the last time I'll abandon you
Message 64 of 240 (309 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

It is harder, because it is significantly more difficult for one person to win a game of CTF singlehandedly. But honestly, that's a good thing. 

The problem is that the game becomes far too defensive. (in my experience, and I basically played the whole day today). 

There are some games where I can continue to rush in, grab the flag etc because the enemy are too busy doing something else but most games I'm left to fend for myself against bunkers, beam cannons, jetpackers, and hawks on my own because my teammates are having fun tinkering with walls and spamming 50 of the same building at the home base.

This patch did nothing to address the duplicates, all that is required is to provide a tutorial. 

0 Kudos
Message 65 of 240 (305 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

yeah but remember theres alot of new players, uncharted 3 people only just got in and are still learning. when the full game is out theres going to be new people and veterans who know whats happening and youll be able to play with friends etc.
this is the last time I'll abandon you
Message 66 of 240 (301 Views)
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Toward about the difference between knowing what your doing and not. Watched a player get 3 very quick flag captures, three games on the trot.

It involved the very simple tactic of spawning on the hawk pad, getting himself a hawk, flying to the outer edges and shooting the rift barrels to get himself rift. After that the simple strategy of just flying straight onto the fly platform, grabbing the flag and then building a jeep spawn to drive himself out. It worked every single time because the team didn't know how to deal with it even they nearly all of them were in the base building.

I got killed everytime I tried to stop him but for me that kind of contradicts that this has become harder when you see someone repeat the same strategy over and over and no one can stop him. Not that it is impossible to stop it just the new people aren't aware of how to play properly yet.
Shika1983
Message 67 of 240 (297 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

You can start chucking grenades as the garage comes down. I think razorbacks go down in 2 grenades... the priority is not to take out the flag bearer (you can just bunny hop and crouch and you're almost impossible to kill) but to take out their transport. Without it they will be completely destroyed because they're on foot. It also takes about the same time to get in the razorback and start driving as it does to get pummeled by 3 grenades.  I know it works because I have been killed many times this way when people focus on the razorback :smileywink:

With that rift build a bunker and you're away. The difference being that you can choose where to put it. I tend to put it along the main path or to the right with a gate to block off that point of entry (the left is almost impossible to block off; I know because I've scooted past enemy walls along that little ridge bit. You're better off setting up your walls further along on the left to deny the enemy the rift and chance of that forward base.)

The hawk is not a threat when in mech form. Bunny hop+grenade+strafe+hip fire machine gun = dead hawk 9 times out of 10 unless they fly away or pummel you with a well-timed homing missile.  In my experience of using the hawk and seeing enemy hawks, the value in them is taking out enemy buildings/walls, distractions, taking out enemy razorbacks (VERY useful - not only are hawks exceptionally good at it but they're basically the only thing that can chase them down - the jetpack is arguably fast enough but you WILL run out of fuel) and taking out hawks that are taking out your team's razorbacks (I have never seen anyone do this due to it being actually intelligent :smileywink: but seems legit)

0 Kudos
Message 68 of 240 (286 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Oh right, sorry didn't see your 'not that it is impossible, it's just that people don't know how to play yet'. 

I should hope that they will know how to conquer that in the full game (see above), especially if the developers provide a decent, in-depth tutorial with some strategies OR incorporate it into singleplayer, such as there being a mission where enemy razorbacks are attempting to steal something and a hint thing pops up 'always focus fire on the vehicle; without transport the enemy can not escape with that flag/intel/power core/rift core/whateverthe***they'restealing.'

Free bunker, hawk pads and garages are not required for this... at the very least reduce the amount of rift a player has on the first spawn, since they are given the most useful buildings for free now. In my view half of the strategy comes from not only building up your setups, but in interrupting and harrassing the enemy's efforts... this strategy has been taken out (from the early game) and abusive tactics now need to be taken such as putting a bunker within view of the enemy base, which I don't feel good about on principle haha. 

0 Kudos
Message 69 of 240 (283 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

if you have half the team defending and half the team attacking it IS possible to take a flag in the enemy base if they're all defending, you just need some sneaky people to get in and drop the shield, then have enough snipers/bunkers to cover that team grabbing the flag and running like hell

it's not easy (and lets be honest, if it was easy to break a whole teams defense it would be unbalanced the other way) but it is doable. probably my favourite improvement over warhawk is that stealth works even better as a legitimate strategy now.

now if i could only find where the mines spawn i could do some proper sabotage.....

haha

0 Kudos
Message 70 of 240 (258 Views)
0 Kudos