93%
05 Rank
Progress

Starhawk Public Beta: Leave your feedback

239 Replies 2,073 Views Created 17-01-2012
17 Jan 2012
By Yaster

Hey War/Starhawk fans.

So just because Starhawk has already been through a much sought after private beta and it's only about to go public now doesn't mean the guys behind the game are going to stop asking for feedback.

The first stage of the public trial is due to go ahead tomorrow (18th of January) for PS Plus Subscribers and anyone who was on the private trial and didn't delete the beta (according to the blog anyway, have a look in your Download List to see if you can find it).

Other stages of the public trial are:

February 1st: Those who are getting access from purchasing Uncharted 3 will receive an email.  In order to get this email you’ll have had to redeemed your Online Network Pass found inside the boxed copy and made sure you’ve opted into receiving marketing emails.

February 22nd:  Anyone who has a PSN Account should be able to get into the beta.  I'm assuming you can just pop into the PlayStation Store and you should see it there.  if not then more info should be available nearer the time.

So when you're playing the trial and feel like commenting on it, just reply to this thread with your feedback and we'll pass it onto the devs.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
yaster's Streambadge
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

FieryCrow

24%
02 Rank
Progress
FieryCrow
Accepted Solution

FieryCrow wrote:

So I have a lot of ideas after playing the starhawk beta. Some of them may have already been mentioned but bare with me as I did not read any of that. List:

• so the walls in the game are pretty nice, you can put them anywhere except on certain ramps, but they are not the most seal tight so could you make it so that walls can meld into geographical structures maybe; so I was thinking that maybe you could fix that and also add the option to attach walls to certain buildings (i.e. the armory)
  • starhawk team, thank you for giving the option of putting turrets on buildings and walls... but can you make some kind of bunker building (armory is kinda like a bunker but bunkers would be less important to keep alive)
  • there needs to be an armor system (I'm not sure but there might already be one out) but there should be some different sets of armor and a building that produces
  • this game is gonna be immensely about customization (at least for me it is) so you gotta provide something that other games don't provide (one of which is the building system which is EFFIN SWEET BTW) but wouldn't it be even more badass if you could upgrade certain buildings to allow better technology. lemme give you example (upgrade the rhino building-- I think that's what it is called but basically the humvee-- into producing badass futuristic tanks) Lemme tell you why this would work: tanks will do much more damage against walls meaning that breaking through the base to capture the flag will be easier to infiltrate an enemy base BUT say you can upgrade walls and it takes longer to bust through than expected.... this leaves your team with an option to switch from defense to offense so you can overwhelm the defense at the enemy base and get back to your base just in time to keep the enemy from taking your flag and cap it. But anyway that is just a idea
  • My rea concern for this game is limiting players abilities to make multiples of different structures besides the wall of course. Why is this problematic: this is problematic because some teammates like to dump their **it everywhere and trying to keep a nice and tidy base is nearly impossible. So what I suggest is that if players want to make a second building of the same sort (just destroy the first building and let the second one replace it and give a refund for energy used)
  • another thing I'm concerned with is that their needs to be more things to dump your energy into, A lot of times I'll be sitting somewhere or be doing something while having like 8 energy. I know this is still the beta and there will be a lot more additions to weaponry and such but atm its kinda useless. Why is it useless? Well its useless because my teammates will drop 3 hawk pads, 3 armories, etc etc, useless multiples of the same building so therefore I don't have to build any of those :D

Hope you like what I wrote and if you didn't like any of the negative feedback, I'm sorry but I want this game to do its very mother****ing best because I already love this game and its just the beta

Oh yea also the reason I want upgrades to buildings and tech and such is to separate an enemy base from your own base. Like different ways of approaching certain maps and such.

0 Kudos

Re: Starhawk Public Beta: Leave your feedback

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Tear72

84%
03 Rank
Progress
Tear72
Accepted Solution

yeah if the walls clicked together a bit better that'd be cool!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Cloudburst--

95%
06 Rank
Progress
Cloudburst--
Accepted Solution
Played this again a few days ago.

Base was being raped by two Starhawks, and two of our Starhawks were in the sky trying to deal with them.

Anyway. . .built a bunker and fired 8 rockets at a single star hawk and he easily wiggled his thumbs and evaded them all. No interceptions from the environment. All in the open.

Absolutely ridiculous - just as it was in Warhawk.

I reloaded and went back. Same thing. Think I got one hit in about 32 rockets. One hit only damaged him however so it was equally as pointless.

Truly terrible game design.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Liam511

• Beta Tester
99%
07 Rank
Progress
Liam511
Accepted Solution
I too cant seem to kill people with the rocket launcher while theyre flying :(

this is the last time I'll abandon you

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Tear72

84%
03 Rank
Progress
Tear72
Accepted Solution

personal build limit of 4, not team build limit of 32 may work a lot better, too many people hog the builds and spoil it for the team

again, no building whilst flying seems very fair

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

goodiechewshoes

80%
02 Rank
Progress
goodiechewshoes
Accepted Solution

What about people who don't like to build...So I have to keep begging my teammates to build structures for me.

Personally when there are double up structures  I just go reclaim my own ones, and get me some bonus rifts...and as people learn how to actually build a base this will not really be an issue, usually they are just experiment. I remember throwing down tons of walls my first game just so happy with the B&B system, eventually u understand u only need one to use it at a choke zone...for now i'd say just be patient...I do hope they increase the limit a little, 40 structures would be great!

But I could see how not being able to reclaim turrets could be an issue...but personally usually bases build by teamates have a reasonably amount of defensive turrets...and the rest are very offensive in enemy territory and get destroyed often...

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

shika1983

97%
07 Rank
Progress
shika1983
Accepted Solution
Problem is you get ****holes who just go around reclaiming buildings for the sake of it !!!

Build a base in the middle of acid sea and some reclaimed the bubble shield and the spawn beacon I'd put down even though they were the only ones there. He replaced them with two walls instead. Problem is what can I do about it once you get to the build limit? Do I get involved in a pointless game of destroying his walls to rebuild my structures?

Shika1983

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

anzagi

80%
02 Rank
Progress
anzagi
Accepted Solution
Just played a round, won 3-0. I captured 2 flags but it only registered 1, a bug i'm guessing
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Steaming-Turd

66%
02 Rank
Progress
Steaming-Turd
Accepted Solution
Base rapes are a problem so the increased minimum rift on respawn is a good thing.

And why not prevent in-base air drops of auto turrets in some game modes?

Perhaps also, the home base supply bunker should be indestructable, or in a position that allows it to be completely surrounded with walls, or supply it with a repair tool. And while on the subject of walls, these should be much harder to destroy.

One bug - I frequently pick up the land mines (a bit too visible when planted for my liking) in Acid Sea - as in the box disappears - but they don't appear in my personal armoury. Am I doing something wrong?

Finally, my son came up with a suggestion that really made me laugh. Instead of allowing the Mechs to stamp on someone, why not give the Mechs a mighty kick, sending personnel flying but without necessarily killing them unless they land 'out of bounds'. A Warhawk style 'aaaaarrrrrrggggghhhh' would add to the satisfaction/humour here as well.

Looking forward to 1.3

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

libdoo

25%
02 Rank
Progress
libdoo
Accepted Solution

Personally I think it would be a geat idea if you could have a personal Shield for a few seconds, could be that you cannot move during its useage or cannot fire, alternatively not fire but be abe to run under shield cover for cover. Too often I am being fired apon and do not know from which direction this is coming, will give just that breather to determine who your enemy is and stand a fighting chance ;-)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Tear72

84%
03 Rank
Progress
Tear72
Accepted Solution

all the different views, and tweaks the game's had along the way and we're still struggling to stop the base rapes? what if there was a small area within your mainbase where you're invulnerable but cannot build there, would prob just have to be in a place where your flag & majority of map was obstructed so there'd be no point in camping there. wouldn't stop an overall base rape, but maybe the instant spawn kill, and ppl could get their bearings

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Liam511

• Beta Tester
99%
07 Rank
Progress
Liam511
Accepted Solution

Tear72 wrote:

all the different views, and tweaks the game's had along the way and we're still struggling to stop the base rapes? what if there was a small area within your mainbase where you're invulnerable but cannot build there, would prob just have to be in a place where your flag & majority of map was obstructed so there'd be no point in camping there. wouldn't stop an overall base rape, but maybe the instant spawn kill, and ppl could get their bearings

But then youd get people grabbing a sniper and sitting there knowing they couldnt die? :/

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Steaming-Turd

66%
02 Rank
Progress
Steaming-Turd
Accepted Solution
Liam511 That might be the case, but it's a better option than the smart arse who watches players spawning into a completely raped base and immediately swoops down in his/her hawk and kills them before they have the chance to do anything. In Warhawk, if your base was being constantly hammered, there would ALWAYS be somewhere to hide, and something to fight back with. In Starhawk there isn't and it lends itself to morons who have no sense of fair play. For the Lightbox bods - I keep seeing kills/deaths appearing AFTER the screen has faded when the time or score limit has been reached - a good example was the game finishing when I was still flying in a Hawk but subequently being penalised for flying out of bounds and 'suiciding' even though I had no control over what was happening. This seems a bit daft.
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Liam511

• Beta Tester
99%
07 Rank
Progress
Liam511
Accepted Solution
I'd have to say im in split minds about it

and yeah, if youre in the hawk at the end of the game and press circle, you still transform... meaning you can end up suiciding and having it add onto your stats

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Steaming-Turd

66%
02 Rank
Progress
Steaming-Turd
Accepted Solution
NIGHTMARE! SO MANY system crashes tonight on Capture The Flag!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

TheTreeFrog

• Beta Tester
95%
06 Rank
Progress
TheTreeFrog
Accepted Solution

Steaming-Turd wrote:
NIGHTMARE! SO MANY system crashes tonight on Capture The Flag!

Strange you should say that because for the last week or so I have only played TDM and I can't remember the last time I had a crash.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Steaming-Turd

66%
02 Rank
Progress
Steaming-Turd
Accepted Solution
TDM for me then for the time being my little green friend.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Steaming-Turd

66%
02 Rank
Progress
Steaming-Turd
Accepted Solution
LIGHTBOX Do we always have to go to Emmet chillin whenever there is any sort of hiccup? Can we not just go back to the games list?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

SerimSereth

21%
02 Rank
Progress
SerimSereth
Accepted Solution

There is some kind of glitch with the server list populating after youve already joined a game.  Restarting the game can fix this for now.

Will the friends list allow for following friends into games, or making a party to auto follow with?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

AgeOfHades

30%
02 Rank
Progress
AgeOfHades
Accepted Solution

agreement with serim.

apparenly the game list blacks out when u leave a game or u refresh.

and id also really lik the abilityto make a lobby to invite friends into then find a game, and all be on same team

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Tear72

84%
03 Rank
Progress
Tear72
Accepted Solution

STILL on ctf when i score the flag, more times than not, i get no points, flag capture or bonus rift, just the overall team flag capture. ive scored the flag more than once in a game, then at the end it's not even registered any lol

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel