on 12-03-2012 07:15 PM
on 12-03-2012 11:04 PM
I think the tank is too weak. It takes 3 direct hits with the main cannon to destroy a mech and with the tanks weak armour, it is itself easily destroyed. They are also painstakingly slow.
The knife is even worse now with stupid animations. Does this mean no double KOs?
And I too cannot lock on to hawks anymore with the rocket launcher.
on 13-03-2012 08:57 AM
hiii loving the update,
my PS3 crashes alot more when i play starhawk.. i think on 32 player matches & sometimes after a match.
no one leaves the spawn beacon down but they're should be points that go to the person laying it down if someone uses it.
i don't like when you spawn a hawk someone else steals it
other than that can't wait till its released date.
14-03-2012 12:14 PM - edited 14-03-2012 12:30 PM
ok, i wrote quite a lot and then got a 'Authentication Failed.' for some reason -.-'
anyway, one more try...
net stall, freezes, failed to connect and matchmaking:
- game often freezes, for me its usually near the end of the match it seems. i mainly play on dust now but it happened few times before (1.2.3) on other maps too, not as often though. yesterday i had 3 freezes in about 2 hours
- net stall can be pretty ridiculous sometimes as well, like im shooting/knifing a guy for 30sec and after few minutes, when im already in a different part of the map doing something else, i get the kill (and usually die as well by that player)
- matchmaking is somewhat useles as it always puts me into games with 4-6 players or so
- i feel haws are to cheap in terms of rift. while mech theyre not so much of a problem but while in flight you pretty much cant touch them unless theyre going straight at you/you have a beam turret or in a hawk yourself. rocket launcher is largely ineffective and a beam turret costs 6 vs 2 for a hawk. in comparison jetpack dispenser costs 6 (vs 4 for a launch pad) and 3 for a jetpack itself yet its much easier to take down a jetpack trooper.
- tanks are great, i like them a lot but i feel their cannon has a bit too much of a splash damage. while on foot i often survive close rocket launcher hits but have never survived a tank cannon. yesterday tried to destroy one while having a jetpack. shot 2 rockets (weapon mods skill), he spots, i jump and fly up yet still die from the explosion. maybe i was too slow, maybe it was a bit of lag but still. i wonder how others feel about it.
shotgun, rocket launcher:
- shotgun feels strange/is not reliable sometimes. while it usually does what it should very good there are situations where 3 shots from a close range are not enough to kill an enemy with the kinetic rifle before he kills you.
- rocket launcher: same as earlier - its largely ineffective vs hawks in flight mode.
build limit (turrets/wall spam etc.):
- larger maps - bigger build limit?
- someone suggested to add a colour marker while building that would indicate theres the same building in the vicinity. it wouldnt prevent people from building it anyway but sometimes you dont see that jetpack dispenser on the other side of the bunker.
- i dont think build limit per player would be the best option as its more of a people learning to build more sensibly case. maybe something in between? dont know really but some changes are in order imo because wall/turret spam (especially with the new dismantle animation) or reclaiming structures just to build your own to get the points is quite irritating.
- while the new animations are nice i preferred the old knifing to be honest. maybe, as someone wrote earlier, make it so that you knife in the direction your camera is facing? the new system also result in some funny kills/deaths (teleporting). i assume its due to lag.
- dismantling - again, cool animation but not very practical as it takes to long to get rid of a single turret. with turret spam and some walls that really can be a problem when trying to capture the flag.
- often people wont even bother to get the flag while playing CTF. they will just go for the points by killing/building/whatever and some will just 'turtle' in the base instead of trying to actually win the match. i think a bit more incentive than mere 300 points for a win could do some good.
- loadouts: can we have a custom loadout please?
- for some reason the hawk boost only works when i use normal flight mode
all in all i enjoy the game very much, and its just a beta
the new map, vehicles (jetbike, yay!), clan feature, sounds and scoreboard are all cool.
starhawk is probably a day 1 purchase for me. looking forward to future updates
ps. sorry for a wall of text
on 14-03-2012 01:19 PM
Ok i downloaded the public beta for this game the other day and loved it so had a few freinds do the same first off SPAWN CAMPING IS TOO EASY!!!! secondly we need more vehicle and weapons selection. third off more spawn points are a deffinite in every map exept space. this will definitly be a game i buy and play but these are 3 issues i think should be adressed asap plz. THNX
on 14-03-2012 09:17 PM
SPAWN CAMPING IS TOO EASY!!!!
I don't think spawn camping is particularly easy.
Yes, of course, if you spawn in the middle of a battlezone, practically making yourself a target for the enymy, but if you are strategical about it, then it's fine.
I haven't had any problems with it and think it is great how you can just drop in!
I do, however, think that the larger maps, such as Dust, should have some indestructable spawn points that can be captured, as CTF just turns into, waiting for the enemy to attack.
on 14-03-2012 10:43 PM
Would just like to start with great game have been a fan since warhawk. Def a day one purchase for me.
Just a couple of suggestions
1. I Was thinking it would be great if you where able to fire from the bikes without having to stop this would only be applicable with the assault rifle and the shotgun for long & close range attacks / otherwise you would still need to stop to fire the rocket launcher etc. This could maybe be like dog fights on the ground for people who aren’t confortable with the hawks.
2. My other problem is with the ground mines the troops use. I think they are too powerful with a one hit kill on vehicles. This is fine for troops & bikes but I think it would be much better if it would take two mines to take out tanks and jeeps. For example if two mines are placed close enough together this could still be a one hit kill. But if they were further apart and you happen to drive over a single mine / maybe this could just take out the tires of the vehicle leaving it stuck to the spot you would still be able to fire but with no movement of the vehicle. This could be repaired with the repair tool.
3. Was also thinking of something that may have already been added to the actual game or not? But maybe having a day to night mode where the level is plunged in to darkness. This could be an eclipse which players can see happening in the background as the level plays out. It could work on any of the levels in the game from the planets to the space station (where the space station may have warning lights flashing then going to some sort of backup lighting. As for the planets this could add a whole new stealth tactic to the level given troops an advantage on the ground sneaking through the cover of darkness (but this could have its own dangers if for say the sniper rifle also has a night vision mode. I have noticed the vehicles already have lights on them so this is maybe something that is in the actual game. Just a suggestion but here’s hoping!!
That’s me for now will be back if I think anything else.
Keep up the good work guys and thanks for listening to the fans.
on 14-03-2012 10:48 PM
I think most issues have already been brought up selfish reclaims, build limits, ect. I want to bring the damage/health system into play.
Unless I'm missing something (which is entirely possible) there is no accurate way of telling what your opponent's or your own health situation is. The other thing that bugs me is the building health bar. Is it possible to be visible for just a little bit longer, seeing it pop up and down mid-shot/reload just seems pointless. If shot and then kept in the FoV then keep it up. It would also be nice if it popped up when using weaker weapons like the default gun.
Whilst on the subject of that little beauty. Is there annoyance of adding piercing damage just so it's more effective against flesh?
on 15-03-2012 09:59 AM
Just some stuff I forgot to add to my last post
Was thinking it would be great to have some sort of video play back/replay system where you could save your fav games or just edit your best kills. I have pulled off some decent kills & think this would be great way to show case them. Even if there was a screen grab option would be great. This would also bring a lot of attention to the game and possibly increased sales. If people were posting their best kills etc on Facebook or YouTube.
My other thing was the possibility of having levels with some sort of weather effects like in Dust for example there could be random sand storms. Maybe even meteor showers that do minor damage to structures. These like my other suggestion of (day/night eclipse) could be turned off in the options menu, as they may not be to everyone’s taste.
I know these are not things to help the beta, but just some things I thought I would put out there.
Ok think I’m done now thanks for listening.
For the latest news and updates on what is happening in the PlayStation community,
head over to our
Announcements & Events forum. To post a message, you will need to
Sign In to the Forums using your PLAYSTATION®Network Sign In ID and password.
If you do not yet have a PSN account, just
click here to register.
For more information on StarHawk click here!
Website ©2013 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
All content, game titles, trade names and/or trade dress, trademarks, artwork and associated imagery are trademarks and/or copyright material of their respective owners. All rights reserved. [more info]