on 05-06-2011 03:37 AM
OMG...that Acid Sea clip isn't on youtube is it coz i haven't seen it before? The stuff they showed there looked totally awesome! That's it. So long as the game doesn't get below 70% approval from the major sites, it's a first day purchase for me. Lets hope it comes out next January or something...
on 21-07-2011 12:01 PM
New post for the US, how about EU one next time?
-Dylan pretty much confirmed that the tank will be different from a normal tank
-Dual logins in the works
-Co-op will not be singleplayer with friends. Wave based mode.
-More footage after and during Comic-Con
-More balance so that newcomers won't get their butts handed to them from the aces in a neat package
-Easier (more humane) medals and trophies
-Singleplayer won't be like UT3's singleplayer (WHICH SUCKED BALLS, BELIVE ME)
-Austin is great, music, bars all such
-Dylan is wearing pants
-Something to spice up traditional DM
on 23-07-2011 05:27 AM
on 25-07-2011 06:37 PM
26-07-2011 12:45 PM - edited 26-07-2011 12:46 PM
Take a look at the menu in 10:15 or 10:18. It has Voice chat option. Didn't LBInc promise there would party chat with in the game?
Better view of the menu 1:14
What you can see in the video is
-HomeWorld (PS Home?)
-Quit Game (who would add such a feature for a game like this?)
27-07-2011 11:14 AM - edited 27-07-2011 11:16 AM
- Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment AmericaLLC (SCEA)
- Developer: LightBox Interactive, in conjunction with SCEA’s Santa Monica Studio
- Platform: PlayStation®3 (PS3™) Computer Entertainment System
- Genre: Third Person Shooter
- Players: Up to 32 players online, 4 player online co-op, 2 player splitscreen online/offline and co-op
- Release Date: 2012
- Rating: “RP” for Rating Pending
From the creators of Warhawk comes a bold new third person shooter adventure developed by LightBox Interactive, in collaboration with Sony Computer Entertainment America’s (SCEA) Santa Monica Studio exclusivelyfor the PlayStation®3 (PS3™) system– Starhawk™. Set in the lawless frontier of space, Starhawk provides fast paced shooter action allowing players to instantly alter the battlefield by calling down offensive and defensive structures to your advantage in real-time from an orbiting drop ship, all while blasting away at enemies in the middle of huge single player or multiplayer firefights. Experience the intense frenetic combat on foot, in landvehicles, or in the skies while playing a full singleplayer campaign, engaging in epic 32 player battles online, or teaming up with friends in offline and online co-operative play.
Starhawk’s feature set begins with a host of weaponry and a multitude of vehicles for high-speed, extreme combat combined with intense vehicular warfare on both land and air. The game’s innovative Build & Battle system lets players alter the moment to moment action by giving them the ability to change the dynamic of the battlefield instantly with a selection of base structures at their disposal, all while in the midst of the fight. By the touch of a button players can violently deploy a number of buildings, vehicles, or artillery to strategically complete mission objectives and defeat enemies. Through the sophisticated architecture of the PS3 system, the instantaneous customization that Build & Battle provides, as well as the breadth of gameplay that spans multiple modes, is made possible.
The Starhawk universe is set in the distant future, out in the far reaches of space where factions battle over a rare and dangerous resource known as Rift Energy. In this galaxy, colonies of humans, called Rifters, explore a scattering of planets, known as the Frontier, in attempt to mine this energy to make an honest living, but find their way of life threatened by the Outcast, a ruthless species of humans who have mutated into psychotic monsters due to exposure to this very same Rift Energy. Caught in the middle is Emmett Graves, a hired gunslinger ostracized from society because of his own exposure to Rift Energy, leaving him partially mutated, but still able to retain his humanity. Starhawk allows you to take on the powerful role of Graves who is drawn back to his home settlement of White Sands on the Planet Dust to face a mysterious outlaw and his war band of Outcast warriors only to discover that this job may mean more to him than he could have ever imagined. He will soon find out that his family is involved in the clash between the Outcast and the Rifters and therefore must decide between those close to him and those he swore to protect.
- Intense Air, Ground, and Vehicular Combat – Experience action-packed run and gun gameplay on foot or pilot vehicles for an incredible range of combat.
- New Build & Battle System – Change the battlefield to your advantage and call down equipment, vehicles and fortifications instantly from an orbiting drop ship.
- Full Single Player Campaign and Co-op Modes – Bring justice to the lawless frontier of space as outcast gunslinger Emmett Graves or team up with friends in 1-4 online or offline player co-op mode.
- Epic 32 Online Multiplayer Battles – Engage opponents via multiple maps spanning various unique worlds.
- Fully Leverages PlayStation 3 – Starhawk’s breadth of gameplay that spans multiple modes (air, ground, vehicular), as well as the innovative Build & Battle system can only be done seamlessly, without pause, on PS3.
- Dogfighting in Space – Starhawk’s solo and online multiplayer campaign will include space flight gameplay (picture fighting through massive space stations and asteroids), in addition to the action-packed run and gun ground combat on foot or in different vehicles.
- Community Features – Player hosted tournaments, leaderboards, and clan support with additional friends list and quick match features. Users can also keep up to date with the community events calendar, ticker tape updates, and a Starhawk Android app that will allow users to keep track of friends, clan mates, and stats when not online.
No 4-player splitscreen for StarHawk . I guess I really need a second PS3 then.
on 30-07-2011 02:14 PM
Space Combat will be shown at GamesCom and the reveal of a new vehicle. My guess is that they either reveal the "tank" or some sort of new jet which has greater speed than hawks but limited health and weapons.
on 18-08-2011 09:49 AM
Interview with space map gameplay
Pfffttt. Can't edit post any more.
Nevertheless here is the same video footage with only the gameplay parts. Game sounds included.
For the latest news and updates on what is happening in the PlayStation community,
head over to our
Announcements & Events forum. To post a message, you will need to
Sign In to the Forums using your PLAYSTATION®Network Sign In ID and password.
If you do not yet have a PSN account, just
click here to register.
For more information on StarHawk click here!
Website ©2013 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
All content, game titles, trade names and/or trade dress, trademarks, artwork and associated imagery are trademarks and/or copyright material of their respective owners. All rights reserved. [more info]