Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Starhawk Tips

The mines transfer? That makes things so much easier!

I don't imagine you'd have much time for a getaway before you blow yourself up though would you?
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 22 (645 Views)

Playstation Staff

Its easy, soon as the mines activate and move to under the tank, you can just back away or move to the side. Always attack the tank at the back of a pack or by itself. It takes some practice to become efficient at it. The transfer only happens to vehicles, and I think hawks, i just avoid hawks on the bike. You need three for the tanks, the if you have three on you and a energy bike hits you, you will suicide. Last thing if you have mines on your bike, avoid troopers, its suicide. If there is a small amount of tanks, I would keep then mines in hand and hit and run the base.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 22 (640 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Thanks for all the tips everyone. Keep them coming. I need as much help as i can get :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 22 (621 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

when attempting to take out tanks in a hawk, DO NOT FLY TOWARDS THEM FROM ANY ANGLE, get directly above them, activate shield and just reign MG on em, you can get the kill before the MG overheats, added with flak or homer/swarms and they are mince meat. P.s. go destroy the tank spawn once you kill them.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 22 (605 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Shot Cink...

Sooooo whats everyones popular skill at the mo!...
Marsta-J

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 22 (577 Views)
Level 4

Playstation Staff

I pretty much only use 2. 

turrte jammer for regular games - engine mods for df

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 22 (575 Views)
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Play the single player campaign. I learned a few things that I wouldn't have figured out otherwise

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 22 (554 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

lol @ mikey, there my exact setup too!
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 22 (532 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

field mechanic for me...... I gotta stay alive somehow :Lol:

photo PS4Sig2_zps1c32b7aa.png
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 22 (509 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Some tips taken from the EU forums for the OX Tank!!!

-DO master the left-right weapon selection, the catapult weapon is amazing, allowing safe destruction from behind cover or out of line of sight (on fracture zones I massacred enemy buildings from a higher vantage, couldnt see a thing but bye bye beam turrets etc. anywayz

DO NOT spawn an OX tank garage where it cannot be defended, cos it cost mucho rift and needs to be used, not left to get all dusty.

-Combine the Ox tank with the field mechanic skill and you will survive a TON of abuse.

Dont: When firing the mortar cannon aim for the ground directly in front of you while it is reloading, as the enemy can see your impact guide lines. Not aiming at the ground gives your position away to the enemy while you are waiting for the cannon to reload.

-The passengers passive skills will also transfer to you and your tank. For example if the passenger is using the skull that stops them coming up on radar, you and your tank will also be hidden. Also works with the one that blocks turret fire.

-Always fire booth rounds or reload. Never roll with just one round ready.

-To defend against mine laden sidewinders, simply lay a mine of your own on the back of your tank. Nothing like giving them a taste of their own medicine.

-To get a slight boost to your movement speed, fire the turret behind you. The recoil propells you forward. Use the radar to see the, path ahead. Use with caution.

-If under sniper fire, drive in reverse, so that you can't be shot at from inside the tank.

DON'T fire on uneven surfaces, or steep hill tops if possible. The reticule may be targeting someone but your cannons may end up firing into the air or just off target. Also, the recoil is pretty strong so it push you back down the hill, forcing you to get back into position.

Keep the hell away from enemy infantry 'cause if they get too close and they have bruiser - 2 swipes and you're dead! Although that's set to change in the next patch!!!

-If you have afreind with the repair gun he can repair the tank but must aim at the cannons of the tank the two big things that fire your rounds  if you catch it right you can repair on your travels thanks

source

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Starhawk/How-to-kick-butt-in-Starhawk-OX-Heavy-Tank/td-p/1611...

Marsta-J

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 22 (449 Views)