02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Starhawk Tips

[ Edited ]
21 Replies 2,025 Views edited 14-05-2012

Im sure some of you must know/have learnt a few things that could help others....

I for sure, dont just yet lol...

But thought I post up the skill list that was posted in the U.S forums for now...

Skill Name          Skill Description                                                                How to unlock skill

ScavengerIncreased ammo received from pickups and increased max ammo for all weaponsGet one kill with every troop weapon in a single game
Weapon ModsLarger Clip (Freaking magazine!) size for all troop weapons and longer overheat time for vehicle weapnsGet the top kills on the winning team
MarksmanSlower weapon spread increase while firing, faster spread recovery, and reduced base spreadkill two enemies with on LR-3 railgun shot
Field MechanicGradually repair any vehicle your in automaticallyGet at least 10 kills in a game using a vehicle
Fuel EfficiencyIncreases max fuel for the vulture jetpack and hawkEarn the dogfighter medal
Engine ModsIncrease max speed of vehiclesGet the most road kills on the winning team
Rift EconomyGather more rift energyEarn both the builder and battler medals in the same match
Rift AffinitySlowly gather rift energy over time, even if not in a baseCollect the most rift on the winning team
Quick LearnerGain More XPWin 3 matches in a row
Squad leaderAllow teammates to spawn at your positionEarn the most XP on the winning team
Combat IntelShow all enemies on the radardestroy an enemy outpost within 60 seconds of its construction
StealthyNever show up on enemy radars, this trumps combat intelGet 10 melee kills in one game
Turret JammerPrevent unmanned enemy turrets from firing at youDestroy 10 turrets in a single game
Shock TrooperReduced Respawn timeKill an enemy vehicle with the drop pod
Fast lockfaster rocket/missle aquisitionEarn the anti air medal
VengeanceShow an in-world notifier on your most recent killer at all times and pay out a special XP and rift energy award when you kill himKill an enemy after they killed you
Hyper-AwareNearby mines and players receive in world notifiers evin if invisible our out of LOSDestroy 10 enemy r-sec proximity charges during one game
BruiserMelee damages vehicles and buildingsDismantle 3 enemy turrets with a melee attack in a single game
Escape artistSurvive the destruction of vehicles or buildingsHop out of 10 buildings/vehicles right before they are destroyed
HackerUse enemies' control panels to spawn vehicles and capture buildingsKill an enemy inside his own supply bunker
Low ProfileDon't attract or detonate enemy proxy/air minesDestroy 10 enemy r-sec/air mines in a single match
SniperAlways spawn with the LR-3 railgunGet 10 railgun kills in a single game
Heavy weaponAlways spawn with a M.A.W. rocket launcherGet 10 MAW kills in a single game
EngineerAlways spawn with a welding torchEarn the repairman medal
Point ManAlways spawn with a union shotgunGet 10 union shotgun kills in a single game
LABELS:
Marsta-J

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

mikeymonty

97%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mikeymonty
Accepted Solution

OK marsta:) I'll try to smash out a few tips for the noobies:) anyone feel free to add:)

Build and Battle

-don't build multiple structures in the same area. The 32 limit will go fast if there are 3 hawk pads, 3 jetpack dispensera etc. Use the "reclaim structure" feature if you notice multiple buildings next to each other.

- don't turret farm at home base.... Get out of the home base andf build forward spawn points if possible or go for the flag. this isn't command and conquer:) 

- walls - all you need to protect a flag is 3 walls in a triangular pattern. Don't use your teams build limit on elaborate walls. Also if you are buildig walls around the flag, put the ladders on the outside. that way when someone does get in they can't easily escape with the flag.

Ground combat.

- use the right weapon for the right range and switch to the right weapon if the battle changes range.

- knife - very close

- shotgun/grinder - short to medium range

- rifle and rpg- all ranges but ideally medium range. rpg will have to be a direct hit to kill.

- sniper - long range

- sounds silly to say it but aim for the head, you'll do more damage to the target

- shoot in bursts with the rifle, it is more accurate

- don't forget about grenades. they can kill quickly and help you win the firefight

- also don't forget about build and battle - throwing a quick auto turret down in the middle of a firefight can help turn the tide of the battle.

- on the ground jumpig up and down when running away will make you take less damage (stoopid I know) it does work though.

Air 

keep your map open as much as possible (this is good advice for air and ground). It will allow you to know what's going on around you. You will be able to anticipate attacks and react before missiles are launched or before someone is flakking you in the ass. 

Flak is your friend - make sure to go for the pick ups and use at close range for easy kills. If in CQC try to put the flak in front of an enemy hawk to do max damage.

shield -  when not attacking you can leave the shield activated to protect you against the stealth/flak combo. the shield is also great for fighting on the ground and stomping. Keep an eye on how much damage your shield has remaining (bottom right corner)

stealth - stealth is handy for getting away in a tight spot. do not stealth and flyin a straight line as you can still be killed by flak. also the starhawk stealth in mech form is handy as if you stay still you are completely invisible. This is very handy for zones. I often stealth, land in a zone and start taking it, then when my stealth runs out, switch to shield.

clusters - they are going to be nerfed soon:( at the mo try to o for groups of enemies. also as there are 4 shots you can aim for one target and switch your reticule mid shot to another to get multiple kills.

Also in general I would encourage anyone new to the game to get up in the air as much as possible. you may get owned initially but once you get the hang of it, you'll be dominating.The way to excel at this game is to master all of the skills and vehicles.

see you all in the skies:)

Re: Starhawk Tips

Photobucket
/16

weezernz

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
weezernz
Accepted Solution
My random little tip:

Remember that you can use your weapons while riding the sidewinder (bike thingy).

It's great fun to grab some proximity charges, hoon through the enemy base at full speed while dropping your three charges, then racing off into the sunset. A pretty reliable way to get a few kills.

Alternatively, you can use the bike's speed to get up close to tanks and throw a charge or two on them, then make a quick escape.

/16

Marsta-J

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Marsta-J
Accepted Solution
Lol on the sidewinder tip.. Im going to try that... I was just doing the drive in and out of enemy base hoping to run over as much people as I could..

And shot mikey for the Mech tips...
The Shield I still dont quite get, but Ill get there...

Marsta-J

/16

weezernz

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
weezernz
Accepted Solution
One thing I forgot to say there is that you have to hold L1 while on the bike to aim and be able to shoot anything. You can't just push R1, he won't do anything that way.

/16

mikeymonty

97%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mikeymonty
Accepted Solution

just figured this one out too....

Flak is nw awesome against ground vehicles etc. very effective against jetbikes which are very hard to take out with mg. It also works vs tanks and razors:) 

Photobucket
/16

Marsta-J

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Marsta-J
Accepted Solution
Far I tried to flak a jetbiker.... I thought it just didnt work... but now i know, i was just missing haha

Marsta-J

/16

mikeymonty

97%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mikeymonty
Accepted Solution

you gotta get tem at close range:)

Photobucket
/16

weezernz

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
weezernz
Accepted Solution
I read this on the american forum about the little symbols behind your level. I had wondered what they meant.

"They're for SkillScore!"
No graphic means you're below 50th percentile
Bronze means you are between 50th and 80th percentile
Silver means you are between 80th and 90th percentile
Gold means you are 90th and 99th percentile
Platinum Star is for someone between 99th and 99.999th
Rift mark is for the elite of the elite

I think the 'rift mark' is the blue spiky one.

/16

Russ-cassia

41%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Russ-cassia
Accepted Solution
My favorate jetbike tip to annoy tanks is plant 3 mine on the bike and sneak up behind the tank, then the mines transfer, you drive off and pick up some more.

/16

weezernz

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
weezernz
Accepted Solution
The mines transfer? That makes things so much easier!

I don't imagine you'd have much time for a getaway before you blow yourself up though would you?

/16

Russ-cassia

41%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Russ-cassia
Accepted Solution
Its easy, soon as the mines activate and move to under the tank, you can just back away or move to the side. Always attack the tank at the back of a pack or by itself. It takes some practice to become efficient at it. The transfer only happens to vehicles, and I think hawks, i just avoid hawks on the bike. You need three for the tanks, the if you have three on you and a energy bike hits you, you will suicide. Last thing if you have mines on your bike, avoid troopers, its suicide. If there is a small amount of tanks, I would keep then mines in hand and hit and run the base.

/16

Isis_au

84%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Isis_au
Accepted Solution
Thanks for all the tips everyone. Keep them coming. I need as much help as i can get ;)

/16

CinkCobra

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CinkCobra
Accepted Solution
when attempting to take out tanks in a hawk, DO NOT FLY TOWARDS THEM FROM ANY ANGLE, get directly above them, activate shield and just reign MG on em, you can get the kill before the MG overheats, added with flak or homer/swarms and they are mince meat. P.s. go destroy the tank spawn once you kill them.

Photobucket
/16

Marsta-J

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Marsta-J
Accepted Solution
Shot Cink...

Sooooo whats everyones popular skill at the mo!...

Marsta-J

/16

mikeymonty

97%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mikeymonty
Accepted Solution

I pretty much only use 2. 

turrte jammer for regular games - engine mods for df

Photobucket
/16

T-Rocket

80%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
T-Rocket
Accepted Solution

Play the single player campaign. I learned a few things that I wouldn't have figured out otherwise

/16

CinkCobra

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CinkCobra
Accepted Solution
lol @ mikey, there my exact setup too!

Photobucket
/16

Caltallica

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Caltallica
Accepted Solution

field mechanic for me...... I gotta stay alive somehow :Lol:

photo PS4Sig2_zps1c32b7aa.png
/16

Marsta-J

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Marsta-J
Accepted Solution

Some tips taken from the EU forums for the OX Tank!!!

-DO master the left-right weapon selection, the catapult weapon is amazing, allowing safe destruction from behind cover or out of line of sight (on fracture zones I massacred enemy buildings from a higher vantage, couldnt see a thing but bye bye beam turrets etc. anywayz

DO NOT spawn an OX tank garage where it cannot be defended, cos it cost mucho rift and needs to be used, not left to get all dusty.

-Combine the Ox tank with the field mechanic skill and you will survive a TON of abuse.

Dont: When firing the mortar cannon aim for the ground directly in front of you while it is reloading, as the enemy can see your impact guide lines. Not aiming at the ground gives your position away to the enemy while you are waiting for the cannon to reload.

-The passengers passive skills will also transfer to you and your tank. For example if the passenger is using the skull that stops them coming up on radar, you and your tank will also be hidden. Also works with the one that blocks turret fire.

-Always fire booth rounds or reload. Never roll with just one round ready.

-To defend against mine laden sidewinders, simply lay a mine of your own on the back of your tank. Nothing like giving them a taste of their own medicine.

-To get a slight boost to your movement speed, fire the turret behind you. The recoil propells you forward. Use the radar to see the, path ahead. Use with caution.

-If under sniper fire, drive in reverse, so that you can't be shot at from inside the tank.

DON'T fire on uneven surfaces, or steep hill tops if possible. The reticule may be targeting someone but your cannons may end up firing into the air or just off target. Also, the recoil is pretty strong so it push you back down the hill, forcing you to get back into position.

Keep the hell away from enemy infantry 'cause if they get too close and they have bruiser - 2 swipes and you're dead! Although that's set to change in the next patch!!!

-If you have afreind with the repair gun he can repair the tank but must aim at the cannons of the tank the two big things that fire your rounds  if you catch it right you can repair on your travels thanks

source

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Starhawk/How-to-kick-butt-in-Starhawk-OX-Heavy-Tank/td-p/1611...

[ Edited ]
Marsta-J

/16

Caltallica

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Caltallica
Accepted Solution

Marsta-J wrote:

Some tips taken from the EU forums for the OX Tank!!!

The passengers passive skills will also transfer to you and your tank. For example if the passenger is using the skull that stops them coming up on radar, you and your tank will also be hidden. Also works with the one that blocks turret fire.

hippi_killa83 and myself used this the other night in a Razorback. I had field mech and he had turrent jammer. I drove and he manned the gun and it work great.

This would have to work with a third person in the jeep also wouldn't it? Keep ya off the radar? :CoolDevil:

[ Edited ]
 photo PS4Sig2_zps1c32b7aa.png
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel