10 May 2012
Playstation Staff

Starhawk minus the Hawks?

8 Replies 178 Views Created 10-05-2012

Only played a few TDM to warm up, but so far, in the maps that you can fly in, no one is doing it. Instead both teams just plant down as many AA beam things & the flak gun. So far I've seen no dog fighting at all :smileysad:

Check out my Podcast. The Fellaship Podcast.
TFP On iTunes

TFP On Facebook
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (178 Views)
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: Starhawk minus the Hawks?

All the games I have played which is CTF loads of people do it. Only problem with that is I seem to be getting spawn trapped and dying 2 secs after I join a game :/ I love the game it's awesome but that's annoying me abit
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9 (175 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Built and battle is a good idea but its poorly executed IMO, majority of games are very one sided.

There should probably be a limit on how many of ONE structure can be active on a map at any given time too, People building 3 launch pads at the start of the game is doomed for fail if the other team have a more diverse/protected base.

Also the thing about having 6 beam turrets up at once in the same area is pretty hard to overcome aswell, I'm guessing the devs will have their work cutout on this one if they actually can be arsed to fix any of it!
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9 (167 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I tried CTF there. More Hawks in the air, but it's a complete base rape.

Nothing is more heartbreaking, than sneaking across the map, getting the enemies flag, only to get back to my base to find my flag is stolen. So it's a complete stalemate as both teams old each others flag in their base,but unable to capture.

Struggling to enjoy the game right now :smileysad:

Also don't like that you can't buy skills unless your in a match.

Check out my Podcast. The Fellaship Podcast.
TFP On iTunes

TFP On Facebook
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (161 Views)

Playstation Staff

I've seen dogfights on and off. Played a few games where good pilots are able to rock beam turrets before they can really take a toll, and seen a few where the beams were so well used that noone could fly.  It really depends on the quality of the pilots in the server.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9 (158 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

The issue of basecamping was addressed by many on this board during the beta and there were a few suggestions such as creating capturable spawn points around the map, limiting buildings within the teams HQ etc.

These were decent ideas which would have pushed players further out into the map. But it doesn't seem like they've been taken on board and we're in for a repeat of the beta - potentially great games hampered by stalemates and turtling.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9 (147 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

I sure all these will be addressed at some point it is fun but yes you get heavily one sided defeats and so on. It more just balancing issues of sorts.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9 (144 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

its early days but i have seen these problems too.

Way too many beam turrets, doesn't take much at all to stop any armour vehicles getting near your base. Flak turrets are a little over powered too, again many of those and most pilots can't get near a base.

Also found the cluster bombs WAY too overpowered.

I have found most games have been very one sided, especially in zones, once you lost the middle zone, most times you never get it back and its a case of trying to defend what you have.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9 (95 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Cringles88 wrote:

Only played a few TDM to warm up, but so far, in the maps that you can fly in, no one is doing it. Instead both teams just plant down as many AA beam things & the flak gun. So far I've seen no dog fighting at all :smileysad:

Lets face it Hawks win battles.....

Thats why the Beam/flak guns are being spammed out to protect against some of the very good pilots in the game....

So you get less players flying...

The big problem is its to easy for the pilots to scrub missiles :Shame:

So the good pilots are just getting an easy ride over the ground troops...hence ground troops spam the turrets out....

We should have what we had in Warhawk the ability to fire chaff & get rid of the easy canned dodges then we might have less beam/flak turrets .....as we can protect ourselves.

men of the imperium do you want to live for ever!!!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9 (94 Views)
0 Kudos