Playstation Staff

Re: Starhawk trade-in

no your just bad and you should feel bad :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 56 (603 Views)
Level 4

Playstation Staff

The thing is ive not seen all these base rapes but the warhawk pilots are those i see crying the loudest on the forums. They change the turrets a the moment and it wont be worth firing up to play on the ground.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 56 (601 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I think beam turrets can easily be avoided. The only time you'll be wrecked by those is if you've just hovering around the enemy base, in which case just set down somewhere and get stuck in on foot.

I never really bothered with flight mode on Warhawk, except to get around quickly. I always went for Hover mode and attacked ground troops until I got blown up - same with Starhawk, I just land in the middle of the action and turn into a Mech.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 56 (594 Views)

Playstation Staff

Hey guys,

I know the topic has moved on a bit from my original post, but I wanted to leave this here for anyone else that found themselves in a similar position.

If you bought the game at Gamestation (like me) you can take it back within 10 days (you need the reciept). They will exchange it for something of equal value, unless the game has an online pass (like Starhawk), then they will give you the value of what they sell it for preowned.

So I bought Starhawk for £39.99 and then took it back and swapped it for a £35 psn voucher.

If you didnt buy it from Gamestation, they will only give you £20 store credit for it.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 56 (592 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

saberdragon wrote:

dawve30 wrote:
God i hope they dont, other than zones being over too quick the main gripe i read is pilots dieing because of beam turrets. Long may they continue to whine.

I think theres lots to be done on the multi-player side of things to make this a good game!!!
The constant baserapes by Hawks/Mech's & Tanks...

The games are so onesided at times with all the high rankers on oneside just racking up huge KDR & not a flag capture between them....

Yep and everyone stays in their bases due to maps being so big, them getting to the other teams base and dying straight away by the 8 players who are on guard beside the 10 turrents spread through out the base. So hardly any action happens in the middle of the maps. Have you looked at the scoreboards at the end of each game. You only see 3 or 4 people get over 10 kills per round. The rest go 6-9 kills. The more of Starhawk I play the more I miss Warhawk. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 56 (551 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

geddesmond2 wrote:

saberdragon wrote:

dawve30 wrote:
God i hope they dont, other than zones being over too quick the main gripe i read is pilots dieing because of beam turrets. Long may they continue to whine.

I think theres lots to be done on the multi-player side of things to make this a good game!!!
The constant baserapes by Hawks/Mech's & Tanks...

The games are so onesided at times with all the high rankers on oneside just racking up huge KDR & not a flag capture between them....

Yep and everyone stays in their bases due to maps being so big, them getting to the other teams base and dying straight away by the 8 players who are on guard beside the 10 turrents spread through out the base. So hardly any action happens in the middle of the maps. Have you looked at the scoreboards at the end of each game. You only see 3 or 4 people get over 10 kills per round. The rest go 6-9 kills. The more of Starhawk I play the more I miss Warhawk. 

I see players who get much more than 10 kills a game through just flying around pounding the sh#t out of everything that moves & very little chance of killing them.....

I built a spawn beacon behind there base , I even said I was going to build it as I was moving up there told them it was built & only 1 person joined me!!!!

Its a sad fact that the Hawks/Mech's rule this game the Mech's are vastly overpowered on the ground with machineguns/rockets & the stomp..

Christ they took away the rocket launcher 2 shot magazine because ppl complained..

There is no real challange to the players in this game they dont have to work for anything that I can see trophy wise apart from the Death match ones.....

So everygame just turns into a slaughter feste

I'd like to see the enemy mech's have to land outside the forcefield & walk in not just transform overhead & fall into the middle of everything....

men of the imperium do you want to live for ever!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 56 (544 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

i went against a hawk on foot and won LOL. i chucked 3 grenades at him and fired at the same time. 

haha he was flying above me chasing me and then landed and i came out on top. bet he was gutted.

photo titel_derek4.png
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 56 (533 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I too haven't bought this game yet and as a warhawk player, i really want to get this, but i'm still waiting for the dust to settle. At the moment, it's just a lot of whining from campers and baserapers. I mean come on you have hawks complaining about overpowered turrets and turret-ers complaining about overpowered hawks. Forgive me for not taking criticism of the balance issues seriously! 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 56 (532 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Darkuser999 wrote:

I too haven't bought this game yet and as a warhawk player, i really want to get this, but i'm still waiting for the dust to settle. At the moment, it's just a lot of whining from campers and baserapers. I mean come on you have hawks complaining about overpowered turrets and turret-ers complaining about overpowered hawks. Forgive me for not taking criticism of the balance issues seriously! 

Its a thorny problem Darkuser999 which neither side will back down from....

I'm far from being the best pilot in the game but the few times i've got into a Hawk the only thing that has downed me was the hawk flak the easy missle scrub was to easy...

Christ they even give you a in game reward for evading a full load of swarm missiles....

On the turret side of things on there own I dont think a single turret is that much of a worry even if it is automated..

Its when the otherside group 5 or 6 round there base its the problem its like flying into a firestorm ....

I think theres issues need addressing on both sides to get the balance finally right (for the majority)...

men of the imperium do you want to live for ever!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 56 (519 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I hope future DLC brings something to the field to really hit the hawks and tanks hard but forces players out of their bases to actually go for the objective. I miss the days of the APC the mobile spawn and shield. They weren't invincible but they were just enough to get players to leave their bases and stop ***** footing around their home bases.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 56 (496 Views)
0 Kudos