Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Accepted Solution

Starhawk trade-in

55 Replies 1,185 Views Created 13-05-2012

Hi,

Does anyone know how much I would get if I traded in Starhawk today? It only came out here (UK) on Friday.

The multiplayer has left me really disappointed, so I would rather get some money back while it's worth something.

I have never traded a game in this quickly, and it has an online pass, so not really sure what price to expect.

Any help is appreciated!

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solutions
MVP
/16

richard4481

• MVP
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
richard4481
Accepted Solution
£30 store credit or £25 cash at HMV

:|

View solution in original post

Re: Starhawk trade-in

All Replies
Beta Tester
/16

kingfox

• Beta Tester
91%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kingfox
Accepted Solution
no your just bad and you should feel bad :P

/16

MattMellander

51%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MattMellander
Accepted Solution

Less QQ more PEW PEW.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

geddesmond2

• Beta Tester
76%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
geddesmond2
Accepted Solution

I just went 20 kills to 1 death using a hawk/mech. Whats that old saying, if you can't beat them join them. As for tanks the problem is the game allows too many to spawn at the same time and once 1 is destroyed another can be spawned straight away. I remember in Warhawk only 2 tanks for each team was available at 1 time(I could be wrong as its well over 3 years since I played warhawk) and after a tank was destroyed you had to wait for another to respawn and sometimes that took 2 or 3 minutes.

Nerfing the damage these vechicles do is not the answer because it will only create more complaints however if they reduced the amount of things that can respawn at one time then this game will be more balanced. I counted 6 beam turrents in my base earlier, if only 3 could spawn at 1 time the beam turrents wouldn't be a problem. To protect my flag earlier I spawned 5 machine gun turrents around the flag and they plowed through most people attemping a flag grab.

It takes 3 accurate burst with the machine gun to the head to kill and 7 burst to the body. This weapon needs to be stronger because its useless in its current state. The rocket launcher takes too long to reload and it takes too long to lock on to hawks. As it stands launchers are useless against hawks, even when a hawks in mech state it takes 2-3 launcher rockets to kill a mech and because of the reload times after the first rocket gives away your position the powerful mechs have more than enough time to kill you before you get a chance to fire again.

Ya know I'm really on the fence here. Max Payne 3 releases next week and I'm seriously thinking of trading starhawk in for some money off that. I know Lightbox will try their best to address everything they can with the game but I don't think it will be enough. I could just join everyone else and jump on the mech/tank bandwagon but thats not what I want to do in this game. I want to be a ground troop that doesn't fear cluster bombs and mech stomps or tanks you can't even see half the time when they kill you. I don't know I'll give the game another week and see how I feel then but right now I'm having mixed reactions

0 Kudos

/16

urmyleander

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
urmyleander
Accepted Solution

Yes there are proper balancing issues and after about the first 8-10mins of each game Starhawk becomes Shoot the men as they exit the falling pods or try and fall on the tank/mech that is deliberately teasing you by staying still till it sees you coming to land on it.

Still early days every multiplayer game has had balancing issues like this, its nowhere near as bad as those in resistance fall of man 3 although probably the worst ive experienced since.

It is fixable but if they don't bring out a patch before the end of this month / early next month then they are going to loose a fair few players and I dunno maybe its just me but If I am thinking of buying a new game and I see several used copys on the shelf in the store I usually think twice.

I haven't played Co-Op mode yet but I imagine that would be alot of fun.

Also there is a gltich on certain maps where if you plant down a outpost beacon or have the squad span ability that you do not appear on the spawn map.....

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Darkuser999

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Darkuser999
Accepted Solution

From what you guys are saying, the balancing issues seem biased against foot soldiers. I'm thinking if this was an issue in warhawk. Hawks were useless against foot soldiers unless you were a really good pilot who can hover and kill. I went everywhere by foot. I can't see this being a difficult fix though. Just increase the power of the rocket launchers or throw in some more anti-aircraft weapons. The good thing about this franchise is that things can be changed. However, the devs aren't going to listen to anyone. They'd only fix something if there is a huge outcry over a bug that is universal, like Skyrim's PS3 lag issue for example.  

0 Kudos

/16

urmyleander

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
urmyleander
Accepted Solution

^ Its definetly more so hawks being unbalanced cause you can get a hawk station up alot quicker then an ox station.

Said hawk can then pick up a thermonuclear torpedo fly to your base, destroy any rudementary defenses or vehicle stations you had set up and proceed to base r8pe you for the entire game.

It kinda forces the gameplay towards making hawk stations to rush the other team without the development of anything else.

On groundpounder maps its usually first ox station up wins.

In mixed maps if both sides can survive the hawk rush then its still first ox station up wins.

If both sides get ox stations around the same time the game becomes Ox tanks shooting at each other from behind barriers why hawks decide to do swan lake in the sky with zero regard for whats actually going on.

Also its kinda silly easy to nail a hawk with an ox tank, if a hawk wants to target you in flight mode it has to fly straight toward you, if a hawk flies straight toward you its ***** easy to blow the bugger up.

There are however a few hawk pilots with slightly higher intellegence who kinda do loops directly above the tank .

I would remove nuclear torpedos till halfway through the game, increase the cost of a Hawk Station to 8 and lastly so people can escape base rape don't have the little orangey/red circle showing people exactly where your going to land when you respawn, it makes it incredly difficult to escape a base rape.

0 Kudos

/16

saberdragon

93%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
saberdragon
Accepted Solution

urmyleander wrote:

^ Its definetly more so hawks being unbalanced cause you can get a hawk station up alot quicker then an ox station.

Said hawk can then pick up a thermonuclear torpedo fly to your base, destroy any rudementary defenses or vehicle stations you had set up and proceed to base r8pe you for the entire game.

Yes the torpedo is a deadly piece of kit in the right hands..

But then we should be thinking about this when we base build.....

We seem to group all our assets together in the centre of the base usually under a forcefield making it an easy target as everythings in one place.....

As gamers we need to think more tacticaly when placing our buildings.....

Beam/Flak turrets need a clear field of fire to start engaging at a distance so put then away from the middle & possibly up on the hieghts to give them the edge.....

Vehicle spawn points spread them out round the perimiter of home base possible up against the cliffs facing the enemy base so its harder for them to make a run on them...

men of the imperium do you want to live for ever!!!
/16

dawve30

90%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
dawve30
Accepted Solution
Ye and i think listening to the old warhawk community will only make the game even harder for new players as they scream and stamp their feet. Another circle jerk by whoever can scream the loudest coming up.

Photobucket
/16

saberdragon

93%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
saberdragon
Accepted Solution

dawve30 wrote:
Ye and i think listening to the old warhawk community will only make the game even harder for new players as they scream and stamp their feet. Another circle jerk by whoever can scream the loudest coming up.

Who do you think is doing the baserapes?

Its the players from the old Warhawk community :Shame:....

Because they flew in Warhawk they already have the skills to dominate the game for weeks/months to come we have canned dodges to scrub missiles that are far to easy!!

Yes there good for new players but there a god send to the warhawk vet's...

We have what seems to be slow lock on time for ground troop rocket launches then there easily scrubbed unless there nearly above you.....

We had terrible baserapes in the old Warhawk & the community brought it all with them to Starhawk ..

Your quite right "He/she who screams loudest" on the forums seems to get what they want & as LBi cant give a f##k about our forums its all in the lap of the Americans who just want as much killing advantage as they can have & not a balanced playingfield....

men of the imperium do you want to live for ever!!!
/16

dawve30

90%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
dawve30
Accepted Solution
The thing is ive not seen all these base rapes but the warhawk pilots are those i see crying the loudest on the forums. They change the turrets a the moment and it wont be worth firing up to play on the ground.

Photobucket
/16

wingkong85

97%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
wingkong85
Accepted Solution

I think beam turrets can easily be avoided. The only time you'll be wrecked by those is if you've just hovering around the enemy base, in which case just set down somewhere and get stuck in on foot.

I never really bothered with flight mode on Warhawk, except to get around quickly. I always went for Hover mode and attacked ground troops until I got blown up - same with Starhawk, I just land in the middle of the action and turn into a Mech.

/16

Dak101

31%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Dak101
Accepted Solution

Hey guys,

I know the topic has moved on a bit from my original post, but I wanted to leave this here for anyone else that found themselves in a similar position.

If you bought the game at Gamestation (like me) you can take it back within 10 days (you need the reciept). They will exchange it for something of equal value, unless the game has an online pass (like Starhawk), then they will give you the value of what they sell it for preowned.

So I bought Starhawk for £39.99 and then took it back and swapped it for a £35 psn voucher.

If you didnt buy it from Gamestation, they will only give you £20 store credit for it.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

mcduff32

• Beta Tester
90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mcduff32
Accepted Solution

Dak101 wrote:

I know the topic has moved on a bit from my original post, but I wanted to leave this here for anyone else that found themselves in a similar position.

no1curr

Photobucket
/16

MattMellander

51%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MattMellander
Accepted Solution

I was a victim of Base Ravaging in Warhawk and quite honestly it was a lot harder to counter in Warhawk. Weapons actually do sufficient damage to hawks to keep them at bay if not kill them. I think everyone should stop crying and quite simply get better. I joined a match where the enemies had Ox Tanks and outnumbered us 3 to 1. So we built an Ox Tank station, and we fought fire with fire. Less QQ more PEW PEW.

0 Kudos

/16

The-Sea-Trout

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
The-Sea-Trout
Accepted Solution

This game is blowing hot and cold for me, one game im loving it, the action is flowing and its all out chaotic fun.

The next game we basically get camped in our own base by the other team with mechs, hawks etc. Very frustrating.

I wont get rid of the game though, fairly confident that these issues will be looked, although it makes me wonder what the beta was for??

0 Kudos

/16

Bilbo_bobbins

87%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Bilbo_bobbins
Accepted Solution
I agree, most games for me I have been put in a team being base raped. Its not fun and impossible to get out of. Tanks site outside and just sniper from far far away and hawks circle with their cluster bombs, its not fun at all.

There needs to be a lot of adjustment to the buildings too, make them harder to take out in your home base or something.
0 Kudos

/16

Darkuser999

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Darkuser999
Accepted Solution

If my memory serves me correctly, baserapes happened in warhawk as well, but only where there are advance players who have mastered the hawks and can mow down troops at spawn points in hover mode. It seems in this game you have the hawks as heavy vehicles as well. Maybe what we need are more powerful buildings and anti-aircraft and tank weapons.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

geddesmond2

• Beta Tester
76%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
geddesmond2
Accepted Solution

MattMellander wrote:

I was a victim of Base Ravaging in Warhawk and quite honestly it was a lot harder to counter in Warhawk. Weapons actually do sufficient damage to hawks to keep them at bay if not kill them. I think everyone should stop crying and quite simply get better. I joined a match where the enemies had Ox Tanks and outnumbered us 3 to 1. So we built an Ox Tank station, and we fought fire with fire. Less QQ more PEW PEW.

Are you serious?? Stop crying??? Yeah explain to me how you can build an ox station that costs 10 points and keep the ox station from being destroyed by the base raping tanks. Do you not think most people have tried this. People don't complain for nothing. Secondly I played Warhawk for over 6 months when it released. I don't remember base ravaging be that bad. If a base went down you would spawn on one of the other outposts someone on your team captured and fight to reclaim your base back. In starhawk you can't do that. Outposts cost too much to build and they destroy so easily so everyones pushed back to the one base.

This isn't the case of getting better. Once you get into a tank or a hawk/mech you automatically become better. Ground troops are so dam useless in this game. The starting machine gun is useless, Rocket launcher takes to long to lock on and reload, Sniper rifles are so easy to detect and avoid you just jump side to side into cover and only the best snipers can hit you, the long range weapons are so powerful that people don't have to move past the half way lines of a map unless they attempt a flag grab.

0 Kudos

/16

Shifty_Geezer

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Shifty_Geezer
Accepted Solution
Base entrapment was far worse in Warhawk than in the Starhawk beta. In the beta itr was possible to escape and create an outpost somewhere safe on the map. But the beta didn't have Hawk's with nukes or tanks in the early days. The super weaopns of the real game were never tested in the beta.
0 Kudos

/16

MattMellander

51%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MattMellander
Accepted Solution

Build an Ox Station, get the OX, everyone else gets an Ox (for only 2 rift) and then you're good to go. And if you keep on getting killed by the other Ox's, you're doing it wrong. I can't stress enough that you have to learn the game. Learn to counter base ravages. And if the ravage is too hard to overcome just join a different game.

0 Kudos

/16

Cloudburst--

95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Cloudburst--
Accepted Solution
This is getting traded in tomorrow. I can't describe the disappointment. The most unbalanced game in the history of the universe and I'm glad it flopped.

How hard is it to play test a game. . . .tweak it. . .and release it.

LBI clearly haven't played one single public game. Disgusting.

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel