Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: Starhawk trade-in

I dont think build and battle has been very sucessful, its the main reason for pretty much all the problems

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 56 (317 Views)
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Eweor wrote:

I dont think build and battle has been very sucessful, its the main reason for pretty much all the problems

Yeah I think some of the buildings need to be invincible once built in your main base. Only destroyable by the reclaim option on the buildings control panel just in case you want to relocate it to a better place. Like say one supply bunker, one garage and one watch tower. That way if 2 tanks do rush your base the spawning troops can stand a chance by escaping in a vechicle or reaching the supply bunker for the rocket launchers. Everything else can be destroyed except the first one of those 3 buildings that get built in your base.

If thats too hard to implement then maybe they should update the game to have one of each of those buildings already built in each base that take no damage from the start.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 56 (314 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

The Hawk cluster bombs are getting a balance adjustment soon, and Dylan also agrees that tanks are way overpowered at the moment.

https://twitter.com/DylanJobe/status/201376432939737088

https://twitter.com/DylanJobe/status/201742209530343425 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 56 (303 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I was a victim of Base Ravaging in Warhawk and quite honestly it was a lot harder to counter in Warhawk. Weapons actually do sufficient damage to hawks to keep them at bay if not kill them. I think everyone should stop crying and quite simply get better. I joined a match where the enemies had Ox Tanks and outnumbered us 3 to 1. So we built an Ox Tank station, and we fought fire with fire. Less QQ more PEW PEW.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 56 (296 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

This game is blowing hot and cold for me, one game im loving it, the action is flowing and its all out chaotic fun.

The next game we basically get camped in our own base by the other team with mechs, hawks etc. Very frustrating.

I wont get rid of the game though, fairly confident that these issues will be looked, although it makes me wonder what the beta was for??

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 56 (286 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I agree, most games for me I have been put in a team being base raped. Its not fun and impossible to get out of. Tanks site outside and just sniper from far far away and hawks circle with their cluster bombs, its not fun at all.

There needs to be a lot of adjustment to the buildings too, make them harder to take out in your home base or something.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 56 (282 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

If my memory serves me correctly, baserapes happened in warhawk as well, but only where there are advance players who have mastered the hawks and can mow down troops at spawn points in hover mode. It seems in this game you have the hawks as heavy vehicles as well. Maybe what we need are more powerful buildings and anti-aircraft and tank weapons.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 56 (267 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

MattMellander wrote:

I was a victim of Base Ravaging in Warhawk and quite honestly it was a lot harder to counter in Warhawk. Weapons actually do sufficient damage to hawks to keep them at bay if not kill them. I think everyone should stop crying and quite simply get better. I joined a match where the enemies had Ox Tanks and outnumbered us 3 to 1. So we built an Ox Tank station, and we fought fire with fire. Less QQ more PEW PEW.

Are you serious?? Stop crying??? Yeah explain to me how you can build an ox station that costs 10 points and keep the ox station from being destroyed by the base raping tanks. Do you not think most people have tried this. People don't complain for nothing. Secondly I played Warhawk for over 6 months when it released. I don't remember base ravaging be that bad. If a base went down you would spawn on one of the other outposts someone on your team captured and fight to reclaim your base back. In starhawk you can't do that. Outposts cost too much to build and they destroy so easily so everyones pushed back to the one base.

This isn't the case of getting better. Once you get into a tank or a hawk/mech you automatically become better. Ground troops are so dam useless in this game. The starting machine gun is useless, Rocket launcher takes to long to lock on and reload, Sniper rifles are so easy to detect and avoid you just jump side to side into cover and only the best snipers can hit you, the long range weapons are so powerful that people don't have to move past the half way lines of a map unless they attempt a flag grab.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 56 (260 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Base entrapment was far worse in Warhawk than in the Starhawk beta. In the beta itr was possible to escape and create an outpost somewhere safe on the map. But the beta didn't have Hawk's with nukes or tanks in the early days. The super weaopns of the real game were never tested in the beta.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 39 of 56 (242 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Dak101 wrote:

I know the topic has moved on a bit from my original post, but I wanted to leave this here for anyone else that found themselves in a similar position.

no1curr

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 56 (241 Views)