99%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

The Starhawk Wednesday Event!

135 Replies 2,100 Views Created 02-07-2012

welcome to the super Starhawk Wednesday Event!

calling all Starhawkers! if you like flying about in your 'hawk with the wind in your hair, driving around in your tank enjoying the lovely scenery and the vistas of space, or surfing your Sidewinder over, round and through stuff at super quick speed, then this is totally for you.

of course youll also need to love shooting, crushing and blowing-up lots and lots of enemies aswell! its war (one of those friendly kinda wars) where teams do battle over flags, frags and firey frocket launchers.

to join in on all the crazy fun and play some games with your fellow forumers, just glance at the info below:

date: Wednesday 4th July

time: around 8pm (BST)

game name: Wednesday Fun!

password: forumfun (if we need one)

set-up:

Dust (Basin) Zones

Echo (Narrows) CTF

Space (Orbital) Dogfight

Sever (Hollow) Zones

Scourage (Conduit) CTF

if im waaaaaaay way off with that set-up, then im totally open to suggestions 8). are there any maps and loadouts that anyone would like to play on or think would work?

awards:

thats not all! if you come along you could win... duh duh duuuh... some Starhawk Stickers! (well, theyre half stickers half badges and not endorsed by the OPC Federation).

- anyone that pops in a plays game instantly gets the Starryhawk Newbies sticker!

- if your team wins a game, everyone gets a Golden Winner award!

the only rules you need to remember are: shoot people, build stuff, dont feed after midnight and be nice and fair all round when playing. thats it! theyre not even rules really are they, just guidlines.

so if anyone fancies a shoot-around or drive-around or fly-around, come pop along :).

LABELS:
KZAM!
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
MVP
/16

TheNarrator

• MVP
99%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TheNarrator
Accepted Solution

no probs Dragon, maybe next time :). thanks for popping along guys, had some fun games with everyone that came :)

think it was a bit of slow one, but hopefully there were still some fun times in there. Moonbug is totally the Harry Potter of Gatekeeper, and if you need a hawk taking down ask litty :D. the enemies base in the second Cypress game was crazy, there were walls around everything, was like a giant maze just to get near the flag xD.

we snatched the flag in the dying seconds on Orbital to rob the other team of a draw too \o/.

0 Kudos

Re: The Starhawk Wednesday Event!

[ Edited ]
KZAM!
MVP
/16

TheNarrator

• MVP
99%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TheNarrator
Accepted Solution

starhawkxmas

Starhawk Wednesday Event!

yay, its Cchhrriiissssttmmaasssss! dont go outside and freeze your gaming fingers off, stay indoors and play some Starhawk instead! you get to blow stuff up and leave mines as presents for everyone! 8D.

if you want to come along and join in the crazy fun, then check out the info below! dont worry, you dont need a pilots license or know which way to point a tank, everyones welcome!

as its the time of giving out presents, you could also win stuff this week! not only can you win this groovy little signature sticker to wear about (and showoff) all over the forum, there could also be some real presents on offers aswell!

keep these in mind when playing tonight:

starhawkpresent

- shoot poor Narrator out of the sky while hes flying about!

- score lots of points in Gatekeeper!

heres all the info you need:

details

date: Wednesday 5th December!

time: around 9pm (GMT)

game name: Wednesday Fun!

how to join

you can either be on my firends list, or search for the room name 'Wednesday Fun!'.

set-up

CTF - Cypress Origin (Classic)

ZN - Dust Basin (Ground Pounder)

CTF - Space Orbital (Classic)

GK - Scourge (Dogfight)

ZN - Echo Narrows (Ground Pounder)

the tried and tested maps and modes are all there this week. no scary surprises in there (unless Litty suddenly pops out of a tank 8D). we dont have any snowy maps in Starhawk, but thats ok as Space must be pretty darn cold.

had some cool games last week, hopefully we'll all and some more fun tonight aswell!

0 Kudos

KZAM!
MVP
/16

TheNarrator

• MVP
99%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TheNarrator
Accepted Solution

starhawkxmas

yay, its Cchhrriiissssttmmaasssss (still!). its still cold outside so hopefully everyones staying indoors for some games of Starhawk!

if youve done all your present shopping and fancy having a blast in some hawks or playing space-Lego, then this is totally the event for you! find the room, pop along and have fun times! easy!

we're still giving out pretty little sticker badges aswell! if you want one all you gotta do is keep these in mind when playing tonight. dont worry, you can have it unwrapped closer to Christmas, tis still a surprise until then 8D

starhawkpresent

details

date: Wednesday 12th December!

how to join

you can either be on my firends list, or search for the room name 'Wednesday Fun!'.

set-up

CTF - Cypress Origin (Classic)

CTF - Space Orbital (Classic)

GK - Scourge (Dogfight)

ZN - Echo Narrows (Ground Pounder)

our lovely map set-up is still here. a mix of CTF, Zones and Gatekeeper on all different maps 8D. was cool playing with the guys that popped in last week, hopefully we'll get some more this time too :D. see you all then!

0 Kudos

KZAM!
Award Winner
/16

litterature

• Award Winner
98%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
litterature
Accepted Solution

after some holidays i'm here tonight :D

0 Kudos

MVP
/16

TheNarrator

• MVP
99%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TheNarrator
Accepted Solution

starhawkxmas

hohoho, welcome back! if you like sleigh rides in hawks and dropping off lovely (blowy-uppy) presents for the enemy (and, er, stealing flags like a bit of a grinch) then totally pop along for some crazy fun tonight at 9pm!

this could very well be everyones last chance to play some Starhawk Wednesday action! i mean if the world kinda ends and stuff this week xD.

Christmas is just over some trees and around the corner, so this is also your last chance to win a pretty little sticker badge aswell! if you want one all you gotta do is keep these in mind when playing tonight!

starhawkpresent

details

date: Wednesday 19th December!

how to join

set-up

CTF - Cypress Glade (Classic)

CTF - Space Relay (Classic)

GK - Scourge Conduit (Dogfight)

ZN - Echo Lost Canyon (Ground Pounder)

we've gone for all small maps this week :D. so lots of chances for some close-up shoot-offs and as ever lots of opportunities to be run over or squished and landed on :D.

will hopefully see everyone for some Starhawkin' games tonight! catch ya then!

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
KZAM!
/16

N6TH6N

51%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
N6TH6N
Accepted Solution
I joined in !!! Was not enjoying starhawk at all yesterday until I came across this server Was killed by thenarrator aswell last night lol
0 Kudos

MVP
/16

TheNarrator

• MVP
99%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TheNarrator
Accepted Solution

N6TH6N wrote:
I joined in !!! Was not enjoying starhawk at all yesterday until I came across this server Was killed by thenarrator aswell last night lol

lol, so you were my one kill of the night, sorry xD. most probably an accident, if that makes it better... or worse :D.

if anyones up for some more Starhawk this week, the event will be up again tomorrow. heres the info:

date: Wednesday 11th July

time: around 8pm (BST)

password: forumfun (if we need one)

set-up:

Space (Orbital) Zones

Dust (Outlands) CTF

Scourge Dogfight

Sever (Fracture) Zones

Echo (Lost Canyon) CTF

(all Blitz)

stickers!

this week we may be graced with Mr Yaster's awesome Starhawking skills. so...

mysterysticker

- anyone who kills Yaster wins a sticker! (teamkills and Yaster suicides dont count 8D).

if anyones got any map requests or anything like that, throw them up, theyre easily changed and swapped about 8).

0 Kudos

KZAM!
Award Winner
/16

litterature

• Award Winner
98%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
litterature
Accepted Solution

i'm not on my Home this week ;( and a want this Kill Yaster badge .... i have a problem :D

0 Kudos

MVP
/16

TheNarrator

• MVP
99%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TheNarrator
Accepted Solution
lol, you could try do a Terminator and travel back through time and kill Yas at some point :D.

will be putting the game up in about an hours time :).

KZAM!
Beta Tester
/16

Yaster

• Beta Tester
93%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Yaster
Accepted Solution
I'm gonna be on a wee bit later than usual tonight, still to eat diner
0 Kudos

yaster's Streambadge
Beta Tester
/16

Moonbug

• Beta Tester
82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Moonbug
Accepted Solution

So what happened last night then?  I got on at 9 pm and looked for the server for ages but never saw one up.

0 Kudos

Fly Me To The MoonPhotobucketWW2
MVP
/16

TheNarrator

• MVP
99%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TheNarrator
Accepted Solution
we left the game up for a fair while, but didnt really get many takers, even with it being non-passworded, so kinda took it down and hopped along to some random games instead. Yas got lucky this time lol.

guessing the short notice/8pm time slot may be an issue or something 8).

KZAM!
Beta Tester
/16

Moonbug

• Beta Tester
82%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Moonbug
Accepted Solution

Was the server still up at 9 though?  I don't think the server list shows up all the available games.  The same thing happened one night with Morgo's Monday Mash, the server didn't show up on the list but luckily someone on my friend's list was in it and I could join.  I did try different filters, refreshing and going in and out of  "find games" but still no luck :Frown:

0 Kudos

Fly Me To The MoonPhotobucketWW2
/16

a7stu

71%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
a7stu
Accepted Solution

I was on from 9 aswell looking out for the server but it just wasnt there enjoyed it last week and was hoping for more.Maybe push it to 9 next week and see how he turn out is then? 

0 Kudos

MVP
/16

TheNarrator

• MVP
99%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TheNarrator
Accepted Solution
yeah, we could always try put it up around 9pm instead, cant hurt trying different things to see which works best for everyone 8).

nah Moonbug, dont think it was up at that time anyway. but would agree it can be tricky finding games in the server list, games just kinda pop on and off it sometimes lol.
0 Kudos

KZAM!
/16

Causton97

95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Causton97
Accepted Solution

Is there even a search feature on the server browser? It would make things a lot easier...

I'll see if I can come along if I'm not busy... :Thumbs:

0 Kudos

MVP
/16

TheNarrator

• MVP
99%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TheNarrator
Accepted Solution

the Starhawk Wednesday Event!

yo guys, will be popping up a game tomorrow for anyone to come along and join in with. think we're aiming more for 9pm this week, so we'll try that and see how it goes 8).

date: Wednesday 18th July

time: around 9pm (BST)

password: forumfun (if needed).

set-up:

Zones - Dust (Basin)

CTF - Echo (Narrows)

Dogfight - Space (Orbital)

Zones - Sever (Hollow)

CTF - Scourage (Conduit)

awards:

- kill poor old me (Narrator) and get a free sticker-badge-award-signature thingy! easiest. reward. ever.

thats all the info you need! the only rules you need to remember are: shoot people, build stuff, dont feed after midnight and be nice and fair all round when playing. thats it! theyre not even rules really.

good luck finding the game and will be great playing with you guys! :)

Starhawk Wednesday Event - 18th July!

KZAM!
/16

Stezza

81%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Stezza
Accepted Solution
Had fun in the server last night, thanks for hosting. It's a real shame there wasn't a bigger turnout.
0 Kudos

Re: Starhawk Wednesday Event - 18th July!

MVP
/16

TheNarrator

• MVP
99%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TheNarrator
Accepted Solution

hehe yeah was good fun playing with everyone that popped along, thanks to all the guys that turned up for some games 8).

some of those CTF games were quite close, was quite back and fourth lol. stezza you killed me, like, 5 times in a row in the Dogfight xD, kept looking behind me incase you were following :D.

all these guys killed me at least once (most alot more lol), so if youre reading this you get to grab this 'kill narr' sticker badge:

killnarr

Moonbug

Acemum

Ric-Dubai

Spinodontosaur4

CRO_NOSM1_BUBA

MoonbugMax

hjlax9

Stezza

Gagimoccopicci

Iaoctavahora

0 Kudos

KZAM!
/16

Spinodontosaur4

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Spinodontosaur4
Accepted Solution
Yeah, some good games last night, although I didn't win a single CTF game..

Im not a massive fan of Groundpounder CTF either - but still enjoy it. Played it a few times before last night, and all the time it degenerates into bike whorefare; jeeps and especially Tanks have trouble stopping a bike. Hawks far less so.

I'm used to 30 minute long Zone wars, rather than short-medium games, so they felt a little short. Not a bad thing - just not used to it.

I think it was the Zones game on Hollow where there was massive lag spikes. At one point I Flaked who I belive was CRO_NOSM1_BUBA (copied from above post, name looks familiar) and his Hawk exploded, but I didn't get the kill. Nearly a minute later I landed in an enemy rift point and spontaneously set on fire and then blew up. He had killed me with a Homing Rocket. And then my Flak kill on him popped up a few seconds later.
Dunno if there was a rogue connection or something, but my hit detection through that whole match was pretty poor.
0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

litterature

• Award Winner
98%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
litterature
Accepted Solution

sleeepy Litty don't come sorry ;(

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel