01 Jun 2012
Playstation Staff

You....Have....Got to be joking?!

7 Replies 401 Views Created 01-06-2012

The "Stability" patch stabilized a lot, spawn camping which was the biggest problem isnt as prominent anymore good job on that one. Tanks were nerfed to heavily there is nothing stopping a sidewinder from getting the flag in ground pounder anymore especcially if they are running the turret jammer skill, Outpost, Cluster Bombs and Auto-Repair were all balanced good job on that one. I still haven't seen anything concerning a flak gun nerf, how is a Warhawk veteran supposed to enjoy a good dogfight when any pilot can be skilled with a flak gun? Its annoying I might just go back to Warhawk atleast the lightning gun was balanced and took a bit of skill to use.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8 (401 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: You....Have....Got to be joking?!

armyluke wrote:

... there is nothing stopping a sidewinder from getting the flag in ground pounder anymore...

The way I see it, though, is that this might result in people being a bit more attacking and we'll have less 0-0 stalemates where most of the team just sit in their main base. If players feel they've more of chance of scoring then they'll be more willing to grab the flag.

armyluke wrote:

I still haven't seen anything concerning a flak gun nerf, how is a Warhawk veteran supposed to enjoy a good dogfight when any pilot can be skilled with a flak gun? Its annoying I might just go back to Warhawk atleast the lightning gun was balanced and took a bit of skill to use.

Agree completely that the flak gun is over-powered. I've had a number of games where the enemy are are out-numbering my team in the sky and every enemy Hawk has flak, makes it extremely difficult to compete.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8 (396 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

agreed I took to the sky a lot last night and nearly everytime I was killed by flak from the pilot behind. Most of the time it was another hawk I wasn't dog fighting. It needs nerfing a little or something.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8 (378 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

The blog has said that Flak turrets are being addressed in the next hotfix.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8 (334 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Bilbo_bobbins wrote:
agreed I took to the sky a lot last night and nearly everytime I was killed by flak from the pilot behind. Most of the time it was another hawk I wasn't dog fighting. It needs nerfing a little or something.

Theres always something players will want "Tamed Down" now we have started on the Flak!!!!!
Yes pilots are using it to good effect as the other weapons availible were/are pretty dire!!!

Swarm missiles that are very easy to evade :Shame:

Homing missiles that were so so slow it was criminal....we'll see over the next week how improved they have become now its patched....

As much as some think the Flak is OP its a weapon that can put very new pilots on a better footing against the very very good ex-Warhawk pilots & yes the ex-Warhawk pilots have used it to good effect as well....

As for being shot down by another Hawk you wer'nt dogfighting is'nt that called "Teamwork"?

men of the imperium do you want to live for ever!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (317 Views)
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Homing missiles are much much improved now...... No issues from me.

No issues regarding swarm from me..... you can lock on 8 to multiple targets and hold over 50 of them. They don't need to be more powerful.

I think the flak is a little out of balance but whether it is too power (shots wise) or the radius or distance of the shots need to be nerfed is another thing. Maybe reduce the amount of "bullets" it has?

I don't know what was wrong with the LG to be honest.:xRolleyes:

Shika1983
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (267 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

yhh flak gun so stupid soimetimes you just get killed in the air by them what was wrong with the LG at least it required skill and sometimes accuracy when you charge it up now people just spam the flak gun way to much bullets to much radius on it very easy to use with out no skill i know im crapp in the hawk but with the flak i can take them down easy so good pilots will finish you in 2 sec haaaaaa

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8 (211 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Is it just me or have the graphics been affected by the tank nerfing? Now, when I fire a shell it barely seems to explode and just shows the building/vehicle damage instead. Makes it difficult to work out if you've actually caught anything sometimes.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8 (207 Views)
0 Kudos