Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 23 (147 Views)
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: jeremy got a beta

[ Edited ]

My beta tips so you can start owning straight away:

Find Blue rift barrels, and setup bases near them(spawn pods) This will allow you to quickly gain rift early in the game.

Get Hawked up! The hawk is still the most powerfull vehical in the game, but G2a has got alot more effective. Doging is a pain. Try to dive bomb everyone for easy kills, you can fly over bases which are heavily populated with beam turrets if you fly eratically enough.

Rifles deal heavier damage than before, use caution when a ground troop has two or more auto turrets if you're in  walker mode

Summary, make bases and get hawks, to supress the enemy noob forces.

change your settings streight away, 

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 23 (142 Views)
Level 2

Playstation Staff

From Bigfitch1012

Okay I played this tonight for an hour or so and here are my initial thoughts:

Whichever lowlife mother*****er who came up with the idea of "normal flight" needs to undergo a few rounds of electroshock...just to get him back to the realm of reality. Normal flight in Warhawk was designed so that a monkey of average intelligence could pilot a plane. Normal flight in Starhawk is designed so that ONLY monkeys of average intelligence can pilot a plane. Seriously, it's impossible to fly without looking like a complete and utter retard.

Proflight is very similar to WH offensively. Defensively, we revert back to retardation. To dodge missiles, it's kind of a key combo. Like L3+X is what I used. Tap it to noob spin. No health bar coupled with a dark setting makes it roughly impossible to determine exactly how well your dodge worked until you are literally one "swarm" away from death. Furthermore, you can't scrub missiles through aerial maneuvers that are attached to the dodge combos (which I must add are completely disorienting) and boosting is all *****ed up. You've got 3 speeds. L2 to airbrake, regular, and R2 to afterburners. So I'm so used to holding R2 all the time, I ran out of boost basically instantly. Locking missiles seems okay. There was an option I had to check to make it less frustratingly ass backwards...you'll figure it out. We have two air weapons available...swarms and homings. Not sure on damage because it's so *****ing dark, I can't tell if my missiles are hitting, and with no damage bar... even if I could see, I wouldn't know how effective they are. Essentially, once you learn to fly pro, and use the dodge combos effectively, you've plateaued. I flew pro for a little back in the day, started up again very recently. I'll have flight mastered as it stands right now in a few days. Which is disappointing, but considering the reports so far...I'd imagine some changes will be made due to the overwhelming amount of nerd whining that I will contribute to full force.

Ground is fun. Zoom down scope, no auto locks, and sprint are all examples of improvements. No health bar is crap. It's COD style...so running behind ***** and crouching is effective when getting shot. You can evade for a while, pop back out, and you're owning again. No health pick ups on the ground. I'm not pleased about that, but that's subjective. Jeeps are the same. Using the planes to stomp around transformer style I haven't tried yet. Charlie likes doing that. Everytime I got a hawk, i was more concerned with flight testing it...not stomping facebook noobs lol.

All said and done...there's a bunch of ***** I'd like to see changed. But as is..with the promise of more ***** on its way...I'd buy the game and play it. Doubtful as long as Warhawk tho.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 23 (136 Views)
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Yeah, that pretty much sums up the bad parts of flight. We'll see if we can get them to change some of it through the forum hopfully.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 23 (132 Views)
Level 4

Playstation Staff

I would be happy if they didn't change pro flight dodging at all.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 23 (130 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

i cannot stand the new dodging! looks like *****e, i really wish they didnt muck the flight mechanics up. i will be preying for them to bring back the dodging wat is this combo button BS. still waitin on a friggin code too.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 23 (123 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

dodging on pro flight not as good as WH...warning...warning...engaing...angaing booom i get hit and i do the turns like i do on warhawk that normaly loses missles and rocket launchs but its something we gotta learn lol.. sniper is awesome 2 shot kill unless its headshot no scoping not as easy but easy when you can do it scope is prob the more commen thing people will do now i bet i end 1v1 this guy with both had snipers but he was scoping lol i can see he wasnt aiming as good so up close no scoping is recommend not scoping lol rift is awesome BUT this happen to me before i raged i used 4 rifts to build my hawk an as soon as i do some other guy jobs and takes it :L (*****) lol

flight is fun but not many people are doing it, like i was in a sevr only me jeremy and some other guy were flying and the other team where camping with rocket launchers building beam cannons i think its called lol

but its a great game gets better each time all fun with different people build and battle changes everything and the out come cant wait for zones now hopefully in the new update it will let us plays zone :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 23 (112 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Got the beta. Looking forward to playing it and seeing how cr@p NF is!

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 23 (108 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

D*mn still nada.. I have to talk about bl**dy cupcakes just to try get in hahahahaha....
Marsta-J

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 23 (102 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I Think Im in, I cant tell until I get home though, in another 6 hours!!!!
ahhhhhhhh
Marsta-J

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 23 (98 Views)