Mac OS X support for Vita SDK.

by Blkant on ‎24-04-2012 08:01 AM

Title pretty much says it all. Given its ios dev. community it would only seem natural to give them the oportunity to work ont he vita as well. It is just such a hassle to have to use VM or Bootcamp to work on vita programs. 

Comments
by jamesnorman91 on ‎30-04-2012 14:29 PM
Thanks everyone so far. Please Kudos BlKant's original post so that we can easily see and measure popular feature requests. We'd appreciate if you could do this across the other feature requests too.

Thanks,
James
by Panajev on ‎30-04-2012 16:07 PM
It does not let me "kudo" any post unfortunately. The option is greyed out and inactive.
by jobe_tr on ‎01-05-2012 20:38 PM

Not quite sure why I can't give kudos, but yes, I would greatly appreciate a Mac SDK

by MVP ‎01-05-2012 23:52 PM - edited ‎01-05-2012 23:52 PM

In order to give kudos, you have to:

- Be registred at lest two weeks in the Forums.

- See more than 500 pages. You can see how many pages have you visited in your profile.

I hope this helps out 8)

by SolidSlug on ‎02-05-2012 03:10 AM

One more vote for this. Right now, I run Windows just for PSS and nothing else.

I would rather keep everything under Ubuntu, my main development platform, or under Mac OS X, my main general purpose platform.

by antibolo on ‎02-05-2012 20:53 PM

It appears I can't give kudos yet so I'm posting a reply instead.

And once again I would like to remind the people behind PSS that releasing a OS X SDK would be very beneficial to you in recruiting iOS devs, who might not care for PSS if there is no OS X SDK.

There's also the education market. Macs are increasingly popular in educational contexts, my former university now has a Mac-based mobile dev lab, and an ever growing number of both students and personel in the Computer Engineering programs own Macs. If you want to get PSS into schools it would really help to have a OS X SDK.

Macs aren't just used by artists anymore, more and more engineers are getting them due to being full Unix systems (like Linux), combined with a good UI and commercial support (unlike Linux).

by Dovuro ‎04-05-2012 01:48 AM - edited ‎04-05-2012 01:51 AM

I would like to add my own voice in favor of OS X support for the PSS SDK.

I'm a professional iOS developer. I've dabbled in the PSS SDK and find it fun to work with. I spend so much time and effort making touch controls behave nice and tight on iOS that it's refreshing to have actual physical buttons and analog sticks that just work right out of the box!

That said, I have to reboot my machine into Windows via Boot Camp every time I want to play with the PSS SDK. I don't like rebooting into Windows very often, so it's kind of hard to get motivated to do anything serious with the SDK. That isn't helped by the fact that all of my content-creation software (textures, models, music, and custom editors I write) is on OS X, and I don't like the idea of editing content and then rebooting my machine to another OS just to test it out.

I would be giddy to have an OS X version of the SDK.

by Shotgun_Banana on ‎14-07-2012 21:20 PM