02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Accepted Solution

Near and Live Area issues

14 Replies 1,823 Views Created 27-02-2012

I purchased a PSV on Thurs, at first Near worked fine for a few updates, then after the screen saying it was sending location data I got "an error has occurred" every time i tried to update. I formatted the device as this seemed to be fixing a lot of issues for people with other problems. After the format Near worked again for a couple of updates then the same issue has started. Also after the update the Live Area for all my games are now telling me my downloaded games are trials.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Beta Tester
/16

FurySevenSix

• Beta Tester
92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FurySevenSix
Accepted Solution

Hi MaverickVile,

That is a strange one, apart from the "error has occurred" message are you also getting any error codes at all?

Also is your PS Vita Wifi or 3G/Wifi?

If you are can you please let us know in this thread or you may want to give customer support a call on 1300 965 911

To find any error codes that you have had on your PS Vita go to:

Settings --> System --> Error History and from there it will display the 10 most recent error messages that have reported on the PS Vita and if you select the error code on the screen it will provide further information along with some suggested actions to resolve the problem.

Cheers

FurySevenSix

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Re: Near and Live Area issues

/16

MaverickVile

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MaverickVile
Accepted Solution

Rebuilding the Vita's database solved the trial games issue, but near is still not working

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

FurySevenSix

• Beta Tester
92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FurySevenSix
Accepted Solution

Hi MaverickVile,

That is a strange one, apart from the "error has occurred" message are you also getting any error codes at all?

Also is your PS Vita Wifi or 3G/Wifi?

If you are can you please let us know in this thread or you may want to give customer support a call on 1300 965 911

To find any error codes that you have had on your PS Vita go to:

Settings --> System --> Error History and from there it will display the 10 most recent error messages that have reported on the PS Vita and if you select the error code on the screen it will provide further information along with some suggested actions to resolve the problem.

Cheers

FurySevenSix

0 Kudos

/16

MaverickVile

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MaverickVile
Accepted Solution

Hey,

The only message that appears is "An error has occured" with no code to go with it and the error history shows no items.

Its a 3G/WiFi model. 

0 Kudos

/16

peking2

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
peking2
Accepted Solution

I'm having the same problems here. NEAR was working just fine for about the first week or so, and now I'm getting the "error has occurred" message — no error code, plus my Error History is empty. I'm also getting an alert on the main NEAR screen that I have prior location data to upload.

I'm have the 3G/Wi-Fi Vita, btw.

0 Kudos

/16

PaladinOfTyr

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PaladinOfTyr
Accepted Solution

+1

Near worked fine for a while; now all I get is "An error has occurred."  No error history.  Last update was on 3/4

3G/Wifi Vita as well.

0 Kudos

/16

econodog

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
econodog
Accepted Solution
I had this problem too ( similar to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmyphgGvo-Y ).

I tried "Restore Settings" (found in Settings . Format), but that didn't help.

Then I tried "Restore the PS Vita System" (found in Settings . Format). This worked for me, but keep in mind it will delete all your previous Near info. All your Out and About & Discoveries will reset, but Near should work again for you. Either try that or wait for Sony to discover the issue and release a patch.
0 Kudos

/16

bigmanil2

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bigmanil2
Accepted Solution

i am geting the same problem as the video .

i have the 3G ver.

and did

"Restore the PS Vita System"

and it is not working to..

0 Kudos

/16

econodog

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
econodog
Accepted Solution

bigmanil2 wrote:

i am geting the same problem as the video .

i have the 3G ver.

and did

"Restore the PS Vita System"

and it is not working to..

after you restored the PS Vita System, did you get the exact same error (it finds your location and then errors on the updating)?

Once you've restored the system, make sure you change all the default settings again which allow you to share your ID etc.

Other than that, all you can do is wait for sony to patch Near or try to restore the system again.

0 Kudos

/16

bcpower_08

58%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bcpower_08
Accepted Solution
Hey Sony, I've just checked the error code and it's called C1-2858-3
0 Kudos

/16

Azriael_Phoenix

88%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Azriael_Phoenix
Accepted Solution
This is not the correct error code for this issue. The Near "An error has occurred." error has no error code associated to it. For me, the error happens when the vita tries to upload the location data, then it errors out. I have a 3G version. Plz fix this Playstation. Paying $400 for a unit, and over $400 so far in games on and off the network make me ill that my investment may be a waste.
0 Kudos

/16

plu_To

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
plu_To
Accepted Solution

This appears to be a worldwide problems as there are numerous posts on forums identifying this issue.  I am having this problems to....near worked fine for about a week or two and now all I get is "an error has occurrred" when it attempts to send the location data that it has obtained.

This is not a "cant find location problem" as it obtains that, it just cant send the location data back to the server.

I am yet to find an accurate solution to this problem, and even the system restore problem does not appear to fix it (perhaps short term but ppl are saying that it only appears to be a temporary fix)

0 Kudos

/16

MaverickVile

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MaverickVile
Accepted Solution

my issue has seemed to resolve finally, upon about the 5th or 6th complete reformat (not quick reformat) Near seems to have finally fixed itself, even restoring an older back up didnt make it stop working, so it seems to be a software issue for sure.

0 Kudos

/16

econodog

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
econodog
Accepted Solution
i get the error again, couldn't be bothered to do another system restore... it seems to work for a couple weeks and then glitch out on me again anyway. I can still use the friends part of near for gifts and black market trades on uncharted, so that's good enough for now. I'll wait till it's patched if they ever figure out the issue.
0 Kudos

/16

econodog

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
econodog
Accepted Solution
after todays PS Vita software update to 1.65, my Near is working 100% again. Don't recall seeing anything about Near in the notes, but it seems to have done the trick.
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel