25 Oct 2011

Playstation Staff

Blu ray movie, screen keeps freezing during playback

6 Replies 2,454 Views Created 25-10-2011

I just got Xmen First Class on Blu Ray and when i watch it the screen randomly freezes and nothing works but the sound still keeps going then after a minute or so the screen catches up with it self. So far this is the only film i have had trouble with. I have a brand new 320gig slim ps3. Has anyone else had a problem like this? or do you reckon its the disk and should take it back. Any help would be greatful. Thanks. (all software is up to date on ps3)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7 (2,454 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: Blu ray movie, screen keeps freezing during playback

I'm having no problems at all with the same movie on my 120GB Slim PS3. If other movies are playing fine, I would suspect the disc. Check it for damage, or badly applied laminate or hardcoat.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (2,452 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

If you can try it on another console to test it that shoud tell you where the problem is coming from, but i havnt heard of any problems with x-men first class or any blu-ray disc for that matter

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (2,441 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Yes! I'm having the exact same issue! I dunno if to send it back, or not! I was having the same issue with Robin Hood a while back, but that issue is gone now.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (2,406 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I was having the same problem with my x-men first class blu-ray, however I have managed to fix this.

Go to Video & delete the file in the BD Data Utility folder. Next go to Settings, Video Settings & under BD Internet Connections select Confirm. Now play the blu-ray movie & when asked if you want to connect to the internet, select NO. The blu-ray should now play smoothly without freezing.

This fix worked on my PS3, so should help everyone else. If not the it's the disc itself.
Please use plain text.
1 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (2,391 Views)
1 Kudos

Playstation Staff

You're beautiful.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (915 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

You are awesome. This works. Thanks for the insight.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (418 Views)
0 Kudos