25 Oct 2011

Playstation Staff

Blu ray movie, screen keeps freezing during playback

6 Replies 2,556 Views Created 25-10-2011

I just got Xmen First Class on Blu Ray and when i watch it the screen randomly freezes and nothing works but the sound still keeps going then after a minute or so the screen catches up with it self. So far this is the only film i have had trouble with. I have a brand new 320gig slim ps3. Has anyone else had a problem like this? or do you reckon its the disk and should take it back. Any help would be greatful. Thanks. (all software is up to date on ps3)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7 (2,556 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: Blu ray movie, screen keeps freezing during playback

I'm having no problems at all with the same movie on my 120GB Slim PS3. If other movies are playing fine, I would suspect the disc. Check it for damage, or badly applied laminate or hardcoat.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (2,554 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

If you can try it on another console to test it that shoud tell you where the problem is coming from, but i havnt heard of any problems with x-men first class or any blu-ray disc for that matter

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (2,543 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Yes! I'm having the exact same issue! I dunno if to send it back, or not! I was having the same issue with Robin Hood a while back, but that issue is gone now.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (2,508 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I was having the same problem with my x-men first class blu-ray, however I have managed to fix this.

Go to Video & delete the file in the BD Data Utility folder. Next go to Settings, Video Settings & under BD Internet Connections select Confirm. Now play the blu-ray movie & when asked if you want to connect to the internet, select NO. The blu-ray should now play smoothly without freezing.

This fix worked on my PS3, so should help everyone else. If not the it's the disc itself.
1 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (2,493 Views)
1 Kudos

Playstation Staff

You're beautiful.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (1,017 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

You are awesome. This works. Thanks for the insight.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (520 Views)
0 Kudos