Vicstorm74

98%
04 Rank
Progress

Complaint about support call centre

31 Replies 3,430 Views Created 21-04-2009
21 Apr 2009
By Vicstorm74

I have a complaint about the people at the support centre.

Why are you all so nice and helpful, haven't you guys and girls realised that calling a call centre should be frustrating and annoying, where we the customer should be put on hold for large periods of time, only to have some no nothing operator give us the run around and leave us with a feeling of having wasted my time, with no resolutions or answers.

I ring to make a complaint about a small matter and am straight away answered and then given a friendly persona from an imformed and helpful person. Makes it hard for me to get annoyed and want to yell at you guys/girls.

Anyway in short, this isn't only a suck up to the mods it's just my way of saying keep up the good work. It's not much but I believe good service deserves compliments.

Sending dreamy donuts soon.

14 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Shadow_Dancer

• Beta Tester
60%
02 Rank
Progress
Shadow_Dancer
Accepted Solution

Well, the staff that answer your calls do a good job its what happens after that, that's the problem. A few months ago I sent my 60Gb PS3 in for repairs(again). They told me on the phone that it would take a month and because it was the 60GB, they will only be able to repair it and not replace it with another one. Which was fine by me as I didn't want it replaced anyway. A  month later I finally get it back and realise my 500GB drive won't recognise my PS3 (how could this be when it's supposed to be the same one!!??)). I had given them my 60Gb drive to protect having my copy protected gamesaves from being erased.I finally realised they gave me a different PS3 and just used my old PS3 cover so it would look like my old one. A Cover that is now broken and easily slips off!!!! THAT IS BAD WORKMANSHIP!!!

I was also told that I would receive emails/SMS to update on the progress. I received NONE. No communication whatsoever. No faulty report telling me what the problem was let alone if there was any steps I could take to reduce the chance of it happening again. The fact that they gave me another PS3 and just slapped on my PS3's broken casing is dodgy and extremely unprofessional.  I expect the technicians would have the best parts and care for customers who bought their products.

0 Kudos

rRe: Complaint about support call centre

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

King_Nothing6

• Beta Tester
90%
05 Rank
Progress
King_Nothing6
Accepted Solution
everytime you put a hard drive into the ps3 it formats it, whether its the same one or not.
0 Kudos

Re: rRe: Complaint about support call centre

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

gavsta72

• Award Winner
99%
12 Rank
Progress
gavsta72
Accepted Solution

King_Nothing6 wrote:
everytime you put a hard drive into the ps3 it formats it, whether its the same one or not.

If you take your drive out of the PS3, and then put the same drive back in, IT WON'T FORMAT IT, I know this for sure cuz i've done it a few times :Thumbs:

In the case of Shadow_Dancer, the PS3 won't recognize his drive because the console ID must have been changed......... meaning during repair his PS3 must have needed a new motherboard :smileywink:

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

1TB PS4 - 500GB PS3 - Samsung 40" 3D LED - Yamaha 5.1 Audio

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Lythinari

• Beta Tester
96%
02 Rank
Progress
Lythinari
Accepted Solution

Wont work if you take out your hard drive,

plug another one in,

take THAT hard drive out and

plug the original one back in.

=p

0 Kudos

O|¯|_ orz
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

CmOr

• Beta Tester
73%
04 Rank
Progress
CmOr
Accepted Solution

@ Lythinari

It will...I have had to repair my 60 Gb launch PS3 twice now from YLOD,  each time I have sent it for repair to AusGameStore.com I took out the 250 Gb HDD and put the original 60 Gb HDD back in...well this time when I got back my PS3 i actually backed it up...and the back up took an unusually short amount of time.

I then discovered I had not put my 250 Gb HDD back in,  rather I had backed up a 60 Gb HDD! I had a bit of a look see after that,  to see what was on my PS3 2 1/2 years ago...so I can confirm no matter how many times you switch HDD's,  if it is on the same PS3,  with the same motherboard, it SHOULD work.

0 Kudos

Re: Complaint about support call centre

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Shadow_Dancer

• Beta Tester
60%
02 Rank
Progress
Shadow_Dancer
Accepted Solution

gavsta72 wrote:

In the case of Shadow_Dancer, the PS3 won't recognize his drive because the console ID must have been changed......... meaning during repair his PS3 must have needed a new motherboard :smileywink:

Yeah, I'm guessing that's probably what happened. I checked my console model number in "system settings" and it's not the same one. Both my 500GB and my 60GB both worked fine before I sent it in for repairs. I only didn't want to give them my 500Gb because I didn't want to erase my gamesaves. Looks like it was a waste of time. Gotta go through Assassins Creed 2 all over again!!! What really frustrates me though is the lack of explanation and communication on the Service Centre's part. They could've sent it back with a report and why it broke. Was it my fault? Did I do anything to cause the problem? What steps can I take to make sure it doesn't happen again?

Come on Sony! You would think your customer service would match your products and give us better care and communication!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

The_Jamanoidz

80%
02 Rank
Progress
The_Jamanoidz
Accepted Solution

Sounds like a valid enough concern ShadowDancer.

Very unfortunate to hear...you'd think maybe considering the situation someone would perhaps keep you updated about the process, especially since you've been advised as such.

Sadly though, in a lot of *non specific* customer service/repair dealings I've heard about, this is not always the case - I think on many occasions promises on contacts and follow up fall short as a result of people wanting to "get on with" their jobs and things falling by the wayside.

So I wouldn't neccessarily say that it was deliberate...but...this isn't always a consolation.

Either way, just remember - the people you talk to aren't always the people in control of the situation.

Hope you get it sorted soon, if not already.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

gavsta72

• Award Winner
99%
12 Rank
Progress
gavsta72
Accepted Solution
That's true, but big companies like Sony have many different departments, and they don't communicate with each other.............
0 Kudos

1TB PS4 - 500GB PS3 - Samsung 40" 3D LED - Yamaha 5.1 Audio

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

rybald72

24%
02 Rank
Progress
rybald72
Accepted Solution

hey how are ya resistance is the best i even got a game on my psp it was great! . i am finding trouble just contacting or finding the customer suport no? could you send it to me. thanks RYBALD72!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mrkillingheidi

85%
04 Rank
Progress
mrkillingheidi
Accepted Solution

Support Centre contact numbers:

AUS - 1300 365 911
NZ - 09 415 2447

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

Renze

• Award Winner
92%
03 Rank
Progress
Renze
Accepted Solution
The above numbers can also be found in the back of any game manual, unless all your games are imports from another region.
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel