Feel free to add me!! ---> IcArus_11
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18 (2,293 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: ISO mounting tool for PS3

Jeepers.... obviously what a touchy subject!   My only reason for bringing this up, what that if the PS3 had this tool/ability, I would no longer need my Home theatre PC in my lounge. The only device I would require is the PS3 - which I alwasy thought was a goal of Sony's in respect to this device.

No... my comment had NOTHING to do with piracy.  If you own a movie (i.e. DVD), you are entitled to take a backup of it.  How do you think all these "high end" digital media players for home theatre systems are allowed on the market!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18 (2,266 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Yeah... "backup"... riiiiiiight.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18 (2,260 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

SomeoneSayPirate.PNG

Pretoria Sig
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18 (2,250 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

BuckoNZ wrote:

Jeepers.... obviously what a touchy subject!   My only reason for bringing this up, what that if the PS3 had this tool/ability, I would no longer need my Home theatre PC in my lounge. The only device I would require is the PS3 - which I alwasy thought was a goal of Sony's in respect to this device.

No... my comment had NOTHING to do with piracy.  If you own a movie (i.e. DVD), you are entitled to take a backup of it.  How do you think all these "high end" digital media players for home theatre systems are allowed on the market!

If Ken Kutaragi was still around, he would have made PS3 the central hub of home entertainment. Nowadays Sony hasn't got a clue and just wants PS3 to be a game console. I mean the machine's got so much potential and power but it's getting more restrictive with every update.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18 (2,244 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

BuckoNZ wrote:

Ok, obviously it's been edited, but I can guess what's gone on here :smileywink:. I haven't been following the laws back home, but last time I checked they made more sense than they do here for digital copyrights. In oz you may make a copy at a lesser bit-rate - provided no copy protection methods have been circumvented. Which means 99% of cd's are sweet, but only 5% of dvd's(note: all statistics made up) may be copied. The laws need to be updated to keep up with the technology, but I feel they'll always be a few steps behind.

There should be nothing wrong with making legitimate backups. To those who are quick to jump on the piracy bandwagon, get a life. There's enough drm issues working against the proper functioning of devices, programs and games already. The problem is compounded when everyone gets all high and mighty at the mention of the word "back-up". At some point people need to realise that even though some will clearly abuse the systems in place, this will always happen. The greater majority would appreciate and utilise anything that will make their lives easier, which includes not having to get up to put a dvd in each time, if say they could load on multiple .iso's to watch on their ps3...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18 (2,242 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I agree. I already have my entire CD collection stored on my PS3 and, if the video store takes off, pretty soon people will have a fair sized video library on their PS3 as well.  It would be convenient if one could store ones movie collection on there. Except I have over 400 titles now so I'd need a much bigger hard drive. It's a pity you can't install more than one hard drive in a PS3. :smileyhappy:

regards
Rob
deader than the ANZ forum :( .
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18 (2,230 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Thank you. Personally, I am quite offended at the jump to piracy. In fact, I'm totally against the practise. However I am about using technology to the fullest and using technology to make my life and simple and easy as possible.

If I own a DVD, blu-ray or CD, I should be able to enjoy it - for my own personal use and benefit - the easiest and most convenient way I see fit.  Hence my call for an ISO mouting option for the PS3... no more... no less... and definarely NOT to take advantage of copied material.

On that note, it's quite concerning that a moderator on this forum would completey "change" my original posting in theway it was done.  He/she would have been better off to place a warning on the this thread against the topic of piracy and the encouragement of the same.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18 (2,224 Views)
0 Kudos