08 Dec 2011

Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

My controller won't connect to the PS3 wirelessly.

6 Replies 11,126 Views Created 08-12-2011

It can only connect through a wire, it's so annoying.

Any Help?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7 (11,126 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: My controller won't connect to the PS3 wirelessly.

Did you try pressing the reset button on the underside of the controller (just above and to the right of the label) and re-pairing it with your console using the USB cable?

Did you let the battery run down too far? Once below a certain threshhold, the battery won't charge any more and the controller will only work in wired mode.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (11,123 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

thx a bunch im too stupid to realize the resetg button ty
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (11,117 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

my ps3 pad is brand new n wont connect to my playstation ive reseted it n it stil wont work its nt the bluetooth device as my bluetooth headset works fine its nt the USB ports becos im using a wired pad n tht works fine ive been through all the settings i just dont know wat to do if any1 can help that would be great thank you for reading my comment.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (3,182 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Hi MUFC_JASON_DYNES,

Sorry about the delay in responding to your post.

Do you have any other controllers that are unable to sync to your console or is it just the new controller you have purchased?

If it is only the new controller and have followed the above troubleshooting by resetting the controller while connected to the PS3; you may need to look at taking the controller back to the retailer it was purchased from for a replacement controller.

Please be aware that PS3 controllers have a 1 year return to retailer warranty.

Hope this helps.

Nomembrane

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (3,009 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Same problem here the controller will not connect wirelessly nor wired, tried the reset button and unplugged the power, do not have a spare controller to test though.  Very annoying its my first console in years, had it 3 weeks and can't play GTA5 nor COD Ghosts.  I thought these problems were for PCs not PS3's.  Hopefully I have missed a troubleshooting method coz I would hate to have to take it back.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (2,800 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Hi cbd226,

Please have a read of my above post.  If the troubleshooting does not work, you will want to look at replacing your controller as mentioned previously. :smileyhappy:

Hope this helps.

Nomembrane

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (2,791 Views)
0 Kudos