Solved! Go to solution
There is a manual ejection with the PS3 slim:
1. Turn off the PlayStation and remove the power and cords from the PlayStation
2. Turn the PlayStation upside down and next to the Warranty sticker there is a tile. NOTE: DO NOT TOUCH THE WARRANTY STICKER!!
3. When you remove the tile completely from the PlayStation, you place a screwdriver into the hole where the tile was connected.
4. Gently place the screwdriver in until you can feel the tray mechnism (which feels like a ribbon).
5. Turn the screwdriver anti-clockwise and the CD will come out.
If this fails please contact Customer Support :
AUS - 1300 365 911
NZ - 09 415 2447
Hope this helps!
The same thing happens to my 320Gb slim PS3. My boyfriend figured out, by accident, that if you push the eject button, then at the same time, slide an ordinary playing card into the disk slot and gently lift the card up, the disc will come out. It works with games, movies, and music cd's. None of this "flipping the console upside down" or the rest of that junk. He gets it to work every time. It's also worth it to know that this has been happening for quite some time now. As far as why it's happening, he nor I know. Hope this information helps someone.
FYI - the above mentioned procedure is the official process.
We also don't recommend inserting foreign objects into your PlayStation console. This may void the warranty.
step 1 : turn on your ps3
step 2: go where you see your game disc
step4:go to eject disc
ps. yours disc is out
I have the same issue, however if you use the preferred and recomended manual way to remove the disc from the system will it do damage to the system where you would ultimately have to send it in for repair? Also what would be the reason all of sudden to cause this to happen? I have owned my PS3 for almost 2 years now and I see quite a few issues that are similar to this happening all over. Would this be caused by the amount of times a disc has been inserted and removed from the unit wearing out the eject motor?
Thanks would like to know.