31 Jul 2010
Playstation Staff

PS3 Bluetooth MIC Query

[ Edited ]
6 Replies 714 Views edited 31-07-2010

I have just bought a PS3 mic for $55 at Dicksmith  - I have paired it up ok and it is working. i would like to know when you press the mute button is the red led circle (that is around the mute button) supposed to illuminate. I dont know if it is supposed to but mine isnt. I thought this would have been the case to indicate that it is muted.

I have checked and the mute function does work whilst playing. I just want to know in case I should return it.

It doesnt explain this in the manual.

Thanks

HTK

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7 (714 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 Bluetooth MIC Query

Leaving an LED on is a drain on the battery. That's why they only blink occasionally... to preserve battery power.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (702 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Thanks Renze

that makes sense

cheers

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (692 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I have a quick question about the bluetooth mic setup too. I have some Sony Bluetooth headphones that also have a mic in them, when I register them to the PS3 they work when I'm in the accessory/audio menu but then turn off as soon as I exit and just don't seem to work in anything. I was trying to use them in Home but no go.

I've selected the relevant bluetooth device and told it to use mic and also audio but I must be missing something.

Have I wrongly assumed that the PS3 would re-route all audio to the headphones? Is there something else I need to do?

I can normally work anything like this out but this time it's got me stumped.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (652 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Only the headset channel will go to the bluetooth headset or headphones, not all audio.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (642 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

the red ring is to show its charging correctly as far as i can see, you can tell if its muted by the symbol that appears on screen and also it beeps at you every now and then when muted
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (630 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Thanks Renze

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (620 Views)
0 Kudos