31 Jul 2010
Playstation Staff

PS3 Bluetooth MIC Query

[ Edited ]
6 Replies 723 Views edited 31-07-2010

I have just bought a PS3 mic for $55 at Dicksmith  - I have paired it up ok and it is working. i would like to know when you press the mute button is the red led circle (that is around the mute button) supposed to illuminate. I dont know if it is supposed to but mine isnt. I thought this would have been the case to indicate that it is muted.

I have checked and the mute function does work whilst playing. I just want to know in case I should return it.

It doesnt explain this in the manual.

Thanks

HTK

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7 (723 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 Bluetooth MIC Query

Leaving an LED on is a drain on the battery. That's why they only blink occasionally... to preserve battery power.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (711 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Thanks Renze

that makes sense

cheers

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (701 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I have a quick question about the bluetooth mic setup too. I have some Sony Bluetooth headphones that also have a mic in them, when I register them to the PS3 they work when I'm in the accessory/audio menu but then turn off as soon as I exit and just don't seem to work in anything. I was trying to use them in Home but no go.

I've selected the relevant bluetooth device and told it to use mic and also audio but I must be missing something.

Have I wrongly assumed that the PS3 would re-route all audio to the headphones? Is there something else I need to do?

I can normally work anything like this out but this time it's got me stumped.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (661 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Only the headset channel will go to the bluetooth headset or headphones, not all audio.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (651 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

the red ring is to show its charging correctly as far as i can see, you can tell if its muted by the symbol that appears on screen and also it beeps at you every now and then when muted
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (639 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Thanks Renze

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (629 Views)
0 Kudos