18 Mar 2010

Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

PS3 Controller Keeps Scrolling Down

23 Replies 24,533 Views Created 18-03-2010

In the menu, games and even PlayTV, the controller keeps scrolling everything down to the bottom. Nothing looks wrong with it,

Can someone please tell me what I need to do inorder to get my controller fixed? If you know why it happened (so I can avoid doing so again next time) please tell me.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 24 (24,533 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 Controller Keeps Scrolling Down

It would probably be a lot cheaper for you to buy a new controller than to get it fixed.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 24 (24,528 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Good to have more than one anyway.

Does it do it when it's plugged into usb?

Do you have a BD remote jammed down the back of a couch cushion somewhere?

regards
Rob
deader than the ANZ forum :( .
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 24 (24,519 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

The only thing that I can recommend is doing a resync of the controler. To do that you have to find the really small hole on the back and push it in with a pin.

After that plug it back in with the USB cable and see if it is still having the same issue. If it is then you might have to get a new one because Sony don't do repairs on controlers.

If it is in warranty (which is 12 months from when you purchased it) take it back to where you got it from with the receipt for an exchange.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 24 (24,517 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

click stick L3 in. wiggle it around and see if it returns to centre.

if you have a guitar hero guitar or something plugged in, make sure the strummer isnt being activated.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 24 (24,512 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

I had a controller that continuously scrolled left to right. I rectified it by letting the controller run to dead flat, then recharged it and resynced it to the PS3. I'm not sure that will work in every case, but it worked for me.

There is also a reset button on the back of your controller - turn it over and you will see it to the right of the middle screw.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 24 (24,495 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I have a bd remote. The start up menu would scroll from side to side without stopping. Put new batteries in the remote and the problem has been fixed .

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 24 (22,597 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Would it mess up the controller? I'm so scared because that is the only controller I have and it's soooooo special  please reply 
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 24 (19,328 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

There is no risk to your controller by performing a reset or letting it run completely flat.

If you're still having issues with a controller after a reset it may need to be replaced, depending on the issue.

Let us know the nature of the problem you are having and we will be happy to offer some advice. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 24 (19,293 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

iLythium wrote:

There is no risk to your controller by performing a reset or letting it run completely flat.

Actually, letting a lithium battery run completely flat isn't very good for it at all.

regards
Rob
deader than the ANZ forum :( .
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 24 (19,285 Views)
0 Kudos