Support

Support PS3

Support PS3

20 Mar 2011
By: ORBIT-1 Member 24 Posts
Level 1

PS3 Power Failure. Second Time in 6 Months.

4 Replies 426 Views Created 20-03-2011

Hi all,

Back in September I had to send my PS3 to Sony (1 month out of extended warranty, of course lol) in order to get fixed as it kept freezing. Then it stopped starting up at all, and simply turned off every time I turned it on. Anyway, I paid the money and got it back and was happy. Spent ages reinstalling all my downloaded games, addons etc. I've had a number of months use out of it until just now. It's simply turning off again every time I try to turn it on. Anyway, I guess my question is, whilst my PS3 is out of warranty, is it likely that Sony at least will warrant the work they did on it back in September? If I get my motorbike fixed and it dies riding home I don't expect to have to pay for them to fix it properly, I'd expect the same from Sony. What do you think my chances are? Are there any Sony reps who can clarify this for me? Obviously I'll be making a phone call during business hours when I get a chance, but I just thought I'd see what people thought.

Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (426 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Re: PS3 Power Failure. Second Time in 6 Months.

From memory the replacement only has a warrenty of 3 months.

But dont let that faze you.

Give the support team a call tomorrow. Be polite, explain the problem and that might not be a problem. Ive found them to be quite reasonable people as long as you arnt going off at them.

Good luck

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (422 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Even though I probably sounded quite cranky in my last post, I worked as a retail manager for years, as certainly believe that being nice gets you further than going off at people. I'll give them a call tomorrow arvo and see how I go. Cheers for your advice.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (417 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

ORBIT-1 wrote:

Even though I probably sounded quite cranky in my last post, I worked as a retail manager for years, as certainly believe that being nice gets you further than going off at people. I'll give them a call tomorrow arvo and see how I go. Cheers for your advice.

It is true that you get a 3 month re-repair warranty, however each case is treated on it's own merits so always best to call and see what can be done.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (359 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

He was really nice, I didn't even mention anything to do with paying for another repair before he told me he'd extend the 3 month and do the repair for free.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (333 Views)
0 Kudos