googlephract

57%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Accepted Solution

PS3 controller won't connect, corrupt wireless controller code?

36 Replies 102,714 Views Created 28-03-2011

Hi

My Sony PS3 DualShock controller will not connect to my PS3 system unless constantly connected with a USB cable. I have reset my PS3 system, my controller and performed a complete format of my 500Gb hardrive (which was heartbreaking:smileysad:) to try to get it to connect wirelessly but have had no success. However, the controller will maintain a wireless connection for approx. 30min if I perform a manual shutdown of my PS3 system by turning it off and on with the back switch. I've had my controller and system for 3 or so years now and they always used to always be able to maintain a wireless connection up to about 6 months ago. My controller can still maintain a wireless connection with another PS3 console whilst working perfectly wirelessly for an indefinite amount of time but when paired again with my system it won't connect unless a USB cable is constantly attached. If I use a different controller with my console it still won't be able to maintain a connection with the new controller which would indicate that the fault lies in my PS3 which is an original 60Gb model. A while ago I read something about a wireless controller connection file being corrupt, could this be the case for me? Is there a way to fix my wireless connection problem with my PS3 or has someone else had this problem? Or if I can't fix it, is there somewhere in Sydney where I'll be able to get it repaired?

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

stupidbunnysuit

88%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
stupidbunnysuit
Accepted Solution

Hi bexben,

Have you tried using the controller recalibration button?

On the back of the controller, to the right of the screw, press in and hold the button until the lights turn on the top of the controller turn off, and then release (You'll need a pin or paperclip).

Do these controllers work on other PS3s at all?

-sbs

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Re: PS3 controller won't connect, corrupt wireless controller code?

/16

CHINO_XL86

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CHINO_XL86
Accepted Solution

Thank you very much I tried all the above, and all my controllers work properly now!!!! Kudos to you for trying something different and getting it to work!!:smileywink:

0 Kudos

/16

sadilson

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
sadilson
Accepted Solution

If all the above suggestions don't work try the following that worked for me:

Get hold of an old controller that you know connected and recharged.  Open it and carefully remove the battery.  Open up the problem controller. Replace the battery. Close it.  That's it.

You can probably buy a battery controller or a damaged controller on eBay. 
There are some videos on youTube that show you how to open up the controller.  I take no responsibility for any damage that you might cause to your controller if you follow this advice.  Just be carefull.  It's a simple operation and worked for me.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16
21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KNIFE2theFACE509
Accepted Solution

I just plugged the USB into mylap top, it updated the controller "ready to use". The lights went off. I pushed the PS button and the whole system came on. I was like holy cow...i can't believe that worked. Thanks everyone.

0 Kudos

/16

ordnaeLeandro

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ordnaeLeandro
Accepted Solution

I had the same issue. The bluetooth circuit board was not damaged at all, it was just very dusty.

I simply opened up my PS3, removed the bluetooth circuit board following these instructions http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Installing+PlayStation+3+Wi-Fi-Bluetooth+Board/3482/1

and cleaned it up. If that doesn't work you probably need to replace the bluetooth circuit board.

0 Kudos

/16

kolaman91

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kolaman91
Accepted Solution

I HAD The same problem until right this second. Heres what you have to do. Look on the back of your broken controller and NOT A CUSTOM CONTROLLER  and look for a little hole in the back and use a pin to stick it in there for seconds (When the ps3 system is on) then turn it on by using the PS Button.

Hope this Helped,

kolaman91

0 Kudos

/16

shaggyuk2013

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
shaggyuk2013
Accepted Solution

hi ,my sony ps3 pad started scrolling to left bye its self , so tried the pin thingy ,everything , so got my gioteck vx1ps3 pad out and within a day that whent on one losing connect , so un plugged dongle , put it back in and l3 button stopped working so unplugged the dongle again put it back in and l2 an r2 stopped working that wont reset ever could it be my ps3 : (

0 Kudos

/16

califas47

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
califas47
Accepted Solution
Guys i need help I was charging my remote and I took the charger off the Remote because my other Remote nedded to charg to so when I took it off the remote would not turn on. at all it would do is just blink, the lights of the Remote will just keep on blinking unless i plug the charger on the Remote and when I take it off it will just turn off and if I Try to turn it on the lights will just keep blinking and the remote wont connect to the ps3 so then it did the Same thing to the One that needed charg
0 Kudos

/16

XInsANeGaMErX23

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
XInsANeGaMErX23
Accepted Solution
so beside the screw on the back of the controller to the right of it where's the hole do I press it and hold it until the lights turned on or do I turn em on and then press until turn off? and in this process do I need to have it plug in with the usb to the ps3 or no bc if I don't than the controller won't work at all so what should I do?
0 Kudos

/16

Nomembrane

94%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Nomembrane
Accepted Solution

Hi XInsANeGaMErX23,

Sorry to hear your controller is not working correctly.

Please connect the controller to your PlayStation 3 through the USB cable, then insert something not too sharp into that little pin hole on the back of the controller.  You just want to press it in and hold it for a few seconds.

After this try pressing the PS button to turn the controller on while connected to the PS3.

If this does not work, you may need to look at the replacement of your controller.  Please be aware that PlayStation controllers have a 12 month warranty period.

Hope this helps.

Nomembrane

0 Kudos

/16

POW3RBAND_4

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
POW3RBAND_4
Accepted Solution
My controllers wont work after doing the steps it told me to do. It told me my storage was corrupted so i held the power button and now im on the screen where it tell me to restart system no my controller wont work!!!!!😡
0 Kudos

/16

Nomembrane

94%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Nomembrane
Accepted Solution

Hi POW3RBAND_4,

When it states that the system storage is corrupted, does it allow you to resume normal use of the console?

It sounds like there may be more going on than just the controller not syncing in your case.  Please give your local PlayStation Support Centre a call at your next chance for real time support.

Contact Us

Nomembrane

0 Kudos

/16

nMe_BloodShed

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
nMe_BloodShed
Accepted Solution

I was looking all over the place for a fix to the same problem. I assumed it wasn't a charge issue because I have a charge stand and apparently it didn't charge my controller. I decided after a gruelling two hours to just leave it plugged into my ps3 and then I turned it on and connected immediately. 

0 Kudos

/16

LocoGuy90

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LocoGuy90
Accepted Solution

0 Kudos

/16

LocoGuy90

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LocoGuy90
Accepted Solution
Hi, i have a problem with my ps3 controller
I bought it new and tried it out at my brother and nephew's house on older ps3 models, but when i got back home an hooked my controller onto my slim model it won't connect or charge...
It's really annoying and help would be appreciated

ps i've trie the reset button on the back of the controller....
0 Kudos

/16

shakboy132

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
shakboy132
Accepted Solution

Hi LocoGuy90,

Sorry to hear about your issue there.

When you connect the controller to the console using the USB cable and press the PS button, do the red lights at the front flash and turn red on one of the numbers?

Or do the lights not come on at all?

Have you tried both USB ports?

Have you tried charging via a laptop/PC?

Try a different USB cable as well if possible.

Cheers

0 Kudos

/16

peteZUHUT

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
peteZUHUT
Accepted Solution
I was having a problem where I could turn the ps3 on with the remote wirelessly but it wouldnt pair unless I either plugged it in or reset it from the button in the back of the remote. All I did was turn the ps3 off unplugged it for about a minute and plugged it back. Works great now. Hope this helps someone out
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel