Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 controller won't connect, corrupt wireless controller code?

Thanks mate. I will give it a try.

I dont use that controller anymore, but it cant hurt to test it out so my mates wont whinge about not being able to play 2 player (like most games have that as an option anymore anyway!!!) when they come over.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 37 (3,079 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Thank you very much I tried all the above, and all my controllers work properly now!!!! Kudos to you for trying something different and getting it to work!!:smileywink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 37 (2,854 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

If all the above suggestions don't work try the following that worked for me:

Get hold of an old controller that you know connected and recharged.  Open it and carefully remove the battery.  Open up the problem controller. Replace the battery. Close it.  That's it.

You can probably buy a battery controller or a damaged controller on eBay. 
There are some videos on youTube that show you how to open up the controller.  I take no responsibility for any damage that you might cause to your controller if you follow this advice.  Just be carefull.  It's a simple operation and worked for me.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 37 (2,841 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I just plugged the USB into mylap top, it updated the controller "ready to use". The lights went off. I pushed the PS button and the whole system came on. I was like holy cow...i can't believe that worked. Thanks everyone.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 37 (2,757 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I had the same issue. The bluetooth circuit board was not damaged at all, it was just very dusty.

I simply opened up my PS3, removed the bluetooth circuit board following these instructions http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Installing+PlayStation+3+Wi-Fi-Bluetooth+Board/3482/1

and cleaned it up. If that doesn't work you probably need to replace the bluetooth circuit board.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 37 (2,493 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I HAD The same problem until right this second. Heres what you have to do. Look on the back of your broken controller and NOT A CUSTOM CONTROLLER  and look for a little hole in the back and use a pin to stick it in there for seconds (When the ps3 system is on) then turn it on by using the PS Button.

Hope this Helped,

kolaman91

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 37 (2,326 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

hi ,my sony ps3 pad started scrolling to left bye its self , so tried the pin thingy ,everything , so got my gioteck vx1ps3 pad out and within a day that whent on one losing connect , so un plugged dongle , put it back in and l3 button stopped working so unplugged the dongle again put it back in and l2 an r2 stopped working that wont reset ever could it be my ps3 : (

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 37 (1,743 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Guys i need help I was charging my remote and I took the charger off the Remote because my other Remote nedded to charg to so when I took it off the remote would not turn on. at all it would do is just blink, the lights of the Remote will just keep on blinking unless i plug the charger on the Remote and when I take it off it will just turn off and if I Try to turn it on the lights will just keep blinking and the remote wont connect to the ps3 so then it did the Same thing to the One that needed charg
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 37 (1,691 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

so beside the screw on the back of the controller to the right of it where's the hole do I press it and hold it until the lights turned on or do I turn em on and then press until turn off? and in this process do I need to have it plug in with the usb to the ps3 or no bc if I don't than the controller won't work at all so what should I do?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 37 (1,614 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Hi XInsANeGaMErX23,

Sorry to hear your controller is not working correctly.

Please connect the controller to your PlayStation 3 through the USB cable, then insert something not too sharp into that little pin hole on the back of the controller.  You just want to press it in and hold it for a few seconds.

After this try pressing the PS button to turn the controller on while connected to the PS3.

If this does not work, you may need to look at the replacement of your controller.  Please be aware that PlayStation controllers have a 12 month warranty period.

Hope this helps.

Nomembrane

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 37 (1,599 Views)
0 Kudos