11 Apr 2010

Playstation Staff

PS3 mic not working on PC

5 Replies 4,106 Views Created 11-04-2010
I have successfully paired my PS3 mic to my computer. Unfortunately, that is about as far as I get. At first I had sound running through it, but the mic didn't work, and now I don't even get that. What are the troubleshooting steps for this problem? I'm on Vista x64 with a bluetooth dongle hooked up to my computers USB drive.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6 (4,106 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 mic not working on PC

I'm sorry, I forgot to mention it works fine on my G1 cellphone and PS3.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (4,106 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

have a look through the sound settings and set the ps3 mic as the default input device.

regards
Rob
deader than the ANZ forum :( .
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6 (4,087 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Thank you for the reply. The mic was not set up as the default mic; however, this did not fix the problem.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6 (4,076 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Go into control panel, then into hardware and sound, then under the sound header click manage audio devices, it will bring up all the sounds things connected to your computer, if your mic is already synced up with your computer all you have to do is go into the playback tab and click on your ps3 mic, then set as default, then go across to the recording tab and click on your ps3 mic and set as default, that should work

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6 (3,825 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Another problem is it might be synced but is it connected. I had that problem with another bluetooth device. It says its paired but you have to connect to it manually.
Just by turning on the Mic doesn't mean it connects. It might still be paired as the first device on the mobile phone so that will steal focus with it. You have to remove it from all other devices and have it only paired with the PC then it should connect automatically if its the only device on the headsets memory and no other devices are trying to connect to it at the same time.

Read the headsets manual or do a google search for the info on it to completely remove all other paired devices from the headset and start fresh with only the PC paired to it.
PS3 - It only DID everything, now it does A LOT LESS THAT IT DID.

Gamer, real life is just a hobby
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (3,822 Views)
0 Kudos