Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 turns itself off, then red flashing light

hi.....my ps3 has been turning off and then starts blinking. Can you give me more information, in how to fix it?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 52 (37,098 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I have had 3 ps3, and 2 of them had the ylod problem. I was playing mw2, and suddenly, the system turned off. I turned it back on, and a yellow light appeared. I left it fpr 20 minutes, and it turned back on again. I found out that, you have to turn it of, and then turn of at the back. If the red light is on, the ps3 is still uaing power. I have a 60gb console, and I hope I don't get the ylod again, or the things going to be in pieces:L
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 52 (37,070 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

If you get the red flashing light after you turn it on, you'll generally need to send it in for a service.

AUS - 1300 365 911
NZ - 09 415 2447
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 52 (37,048 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

The lights you are describing are general indicators and they are telling you something is wrong with the hardware but its not specific.

Some hardware can be resolved over the phone but if not then we can organise the console to come to the repair centre.

Call your local Playstation support centre for assistance.

Ras.

Please use plain text.
1 Kudos
Message 24 of 52 (36,854 Views)
1 Kudos

Playstation Staff

this is almost identical to my problem. I have a 80gb console w/ now a 500gb and does everything you said, but happens when i play uncharted
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 52 (36,392 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

The red light is the only indicator stating that there is a fault that exists within the console.

Whether its a disc issue, hard drive crash, motherboard, connection of the parts. . . . you will only see the red light!!

If your in a game and it gives you the red light, you can look at where you have the console located if it's not in an area where it can get cool air and then take out all of the cords from the playstation and turn it off for half an hour.

It may work if the fault is overheating but if it doesn't you will need to give Playstation Support centre a call and get it looked at.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 52 (36,378 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Ha teh same happened to me last night, if u press the power button and it flashes green yellow then blinks red it's YLOD. Look it up, if under warranty ring sony if not good luck with it! Mine is 5 years old and I am hoping it's the overheat issue. Having a go at fixing 2night.

[url=http://bf3stats.com/stats_ps3/bigpav53][img]http://g.bf3stats.com/ps3/1LP76r6C/bigpav53.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/bigpav53][img]http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/212/bigpav53.png[/img][/url]
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 52 (36,374 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Well its out of warranty so you can do what you like, but we can always get it fixed and back to you if that fails :smileyhappy:

As long as all the parts are there and not in 1000 pieces... lol

Photobucket

Force no friend
Fear no foe
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 52 (36,320 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Hi i seem to have the same problem as you my friend! Mine's is 40GB aswell, did u manage to solve the problem on your own?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 52 (35,832 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Hey Jazza,

As all the previous posts say, chances are you'll need to get that in for a service.

I suggest contacting your local Playstation support centre.

Hope this helps.

Always accept friend requests! And game invites!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 52 (35,781 Views)
0 Kudos