09 Feb 2012
By Doxir
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

Ps3 Set up on D-link : how to boost my wired connection?

2 Replies 767 Views Created 09-02-2012

Hi. I got a d-link route,  ps3 and a wired connection.

I've heard a lot of thing to boost internet connection on ps3  that i dont really understand :

-setting static ip
-ppoe
-Upnp or something like that
- proxy
-Dmhzh or something like that.

I just wanted to know if there is any good tutorial or good things to do on my ps3 to boost my wired connection? This seems to have a lot of theory about that and i wanted someone to tell me whats the basics that i should do.. at least...

Thx a lot :smileyhappy:

Doxir

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3 (767 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: Ps3 Set up on D-link : how to boost my wired connection?

[ Edited ]

None of the above. The speed you get is set by your ISP and nothing you do at your end will make things any faster.

Getting an IP address via DHCP is something that only happens once when you connect. A static IP will not make anything faster.

Using PPPoE depends entirely on how you are connecting to your ISP. If you're using PPPoA and switch to PPPoE, chances are your Internet connection won't work any more because your ISP is expecting PPPoA.

UPnP allows your router to automatically port-forward as necessary, and has no impact on the speed of your Internet connection.

Using a proxy will actually put one or more steps in your route and may potentially make things slightly slower.

DMZ just opens all the ports in your router to the PS3. It won't make anything faster.

If you really want a faster Internet connection, give your ISP a call and ask them about switching to a faster plan.

If you're referring to your local area network, then that is already running many times faster than your Internet connection anyway, so there's no real point in making it go faster.

Please use plain text.
1 Kudos
Message 2 of 3 (761 Views)
1 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Ps3 Set up on D-link : how to boost my wired connection?

EXACTLY de kind of answer i was hoping for. Thanks a lot ! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3 (753 Views)
0 Kudos